Assassin DPS In Warzones

-DARTHREAPER-

i only got 3 pvp epics so far so my gear aint that great yet.. but as a assassin madness player its normaly on 150-200k with dark charge on (150% more armor and chance to heal too good to ignore in pvp) Edited by Jesuro

Got to remember you won't top damage as Deception as you're going up against classes with lots of AoE who pad their numbers with very ineffective, easily healed damage. You however will be dumping all yours on single targets, making the healers job much harder. Shame there's not some sort of effective damage stat...

Around 200-250k damage. If it's voidstar or a match where there's loads of healing I get 3-400k.

Problem is that I usually burst down people so fast that they don't stay up long enough for me to rack up damage.

Edited by Varatesh

Got to remember you won't top damage as Deception as you're going up against classes with lots of AoE who pad their numbers with very ineffective, easily healed damage. You however will be dumping all yours on single targets, making the healers job much harder. Shame there's not some sort of effective damage stat...

Yeah, this would be really really cool. People tend to look far too much on "total damage dealt". They should make a damage stat, where damage to a target is only counted if the target dies within the next 20 seconds or so.

i only got 3 pvp epics so far so my gear aint that great yet.. but as a assassin madness player its normaly on 150-200k with dark charge on (150% more armor and chance to heal too good to ignore in pvp)

the heal is tiny, and once every 4 seconds, not massive, the main importance of dark charge is that it allows you to use your shield, without it you've got 5% shield chance, with it 20% (and then 25% with dark ward)

the issue there is that shield rarely works in pvp because only weapon damage attacks affect it, kinetic damage or anything else bypasses it entirely.

ALSO, it reduces your melee damage, (reduces bonus damage by 5%, which equates to between 2-4% reduction in your actualdamage).

yes, it's good, yes it's essential for tanking assasins, but don't ignore the other two charges ESPECIALLY if you're focusing on DPS.

Anyone care to share they setup? Rotation lol or any tips? being deception it's kind of painful only force speed to close others have charge/pull yada yada AOE out the butt ugh. I use DC mode for added AOE discharge and spam it every chance I get in a gang of peeps. We of sure get the short end of the aoe stick...

Anyone care to share they setup? Rotation lol or any tips? being deception it's kind of painful only force speed to close others have charge/pull yada yada AOE out the butt ugh. I use DC mode for added AOE discharge and spam it every chance I get in a gang of peeps. We of sure get the short end of the aoe stick...

Spec 23/0/18 if you need to beef up your aoe.

Normal deception "rotation" goes something like this with little variations based on the situation...

Recklessness>[adrenals if applicable]>Spike>discharge>vs>vs>shock>maul>assassinate(if <30%, if not force cloak and do it again)

Edited by Cowflab

Depends on my spec.

Darkness depending on the length of the match and what I am doing (ball running, bomb planting, and ninja capping all decrease numbers but are actually useful for winning) I can range anywhere from 150k-340k in a full length match

Madness in a full length match usually in the area of 200-320k. Deception in a full length match usually in the area of 175k-270k

Edited by kainsec

Spec 23/0/18 if you need to beef up your aoe.

Normal deception "rotation" goes something like this with little variations based on the situation...

Recklessness>[adrenals if applicable]>Spike>discharge>vs>vs>shock>maul>assassinate(if <30%, if not force cloak and do it again)

Cool thanks I need spike still only 34 lol man I kill for some macros and a select nearest enemy key bind seems I always target a mfer who's out of range lol. Just started pvp for the first time yesterday and was like damn I should have been collecting points from level 10 on lol.

Edited by LordbishopX

There really is no rotation. All priority and situational.

If someone is say at 40% I'm not going to open with spike. I'll open with recklesness mail assassinate.

On a full health person all alone?

Spike, vs, vs, shock, cc , recklessness, maul , charge if I'm at 3 stacks or more, then slow if they are trying to run, assasinate etc.

Hard to get a string of 100% to 0% off with the cc available.

There really is no rotation. All priority and situational.

If someone is say at 40% I'm not going to open with spike. I'll open with recklesness mail assassinate.

On a full health person all alone?

Spike, vs, vs, shock, cc , recklessness, maul , charge if I'm at 3 stacks or more, then slow if they are trying to run, assasinate etc.

Hard to get a string of 100% to 0% off with the cc available.

Thats pretty much why I put rotation in "". There really isn't one in PvP, but I just assumed he meant a standardized attack rotation with an opponent at 100% and you starting in stealth. Our combat mechanics are very much like a feral druid's in WoW in terms of watching procs and utilizing a somewhat complicated pvp algorithm.

Honestly the deception assassin's pvp system is an "on the job" learning experience, otherwise it would take a few pages worth of posting to cover all the different scenarios one might encounter in one single WZ.

Level 40(dinged last night)...went straight to bank and put on my level 40 pvp gear and purchased a nice purple offhand with sick crit and surge. Proceeded to run one warzone to test gear and my new Voltaic Slash. I was second in DPS in Huttball with 172K and 9 medals. I was gitty but had to go to bed and cannot wait for work to be over to continue dominating with my new gear and OP 31 point ability. VS is just awesome! VS,VS shock, electrocute, maul, Assassinate, DEAD!

4K crits at level 40 warmed my heart!

Edited by TrillionBuks

I spec'd back into madness yesterday after being a bit fed up with darkness shields not working against most attacks in pvp. I've always enjoyed the caster assassin. I don't really have a set rotation, but I often try to open up with death field out of stealth so that my target has a deathmark placed on them to boost my periodic damage and so that I gain dark embrace. I will then creeping terror as I close to within 10 meters and shock to set off the 10% melee bonus damage. Depending on the situation I will either force slow to prevent being kited as easily or I'll start using thrash and keep an eye out for the CD proc. Depending on their health a stun+maul+assassinate can also do the job after the opening salvo.

Asking DPS numbers is pretty pointless because it totally depends on the map.

Putting up 300K in Voidstar is easy. Alderran too if you're part of the 'big brawl' group as opposed to the 'defend the lone turret group'. I did 100K in one game of Alderran where I was defending a turret the whole time and only attacked twice. Not exactly very exciting stuff but you can't exactly leave the turret undefended and hope no one would walk up to it.

You pretty much will never put up top numbers in Huttball unless your team doesn't have ranged DPS that has even a clue of how to play. You just can't compare to someone standing in high elevation that gets to zap lightning or shoot missiles at someone the entire game without fear of retaliation no matter what you do. Getting 200K in Huttball is usually pretty good assuming both sides are actually trying to win, as opposed to just deathmatch in the middle. Yes you can put up better numbers if you just abandon your duty and start hunting down random vulnerable targets but that's why I said if both sides are actually trying to win.

Generally speaking an equal ranged DPS should always do better than you on your team, because it's part of your job to ensure your ranged DPS can sit back and shoot missiles at the enemy without being harassed. You should lead in the number of meaningful kills though. For the most part ranged DPS put up better numbers and helps softening targets up, but you should be the one taking the enemy out. That is, you should get the Immortal announcement before your ranged DPS do (it seems to be tied to killing blows in some way).