How to pronounce "Shiro" =P

Rorkiy

Okay, so basically as the title says, this is about how to pronounce "Shiro" properly if I'm in voice or anything.

Too many times have I heard people say it as "Shy-ro" *cough* Terra Australus people *cough* =P

It is in fact, pronounced like "She-ro" 'cause it is a Japanese word =P

If needed, you can always ask me to pronounce it for you ;)

EDIT: it should be in fact "She-loh" in Japanese but I'm making it easier for you ;)

Edited by Rorkiy

Okay, so basically as the title says, this is about how to pronounce "Shiro" properly if I'm in voice or anything.

Too many times have I heard people say it as "Shy-ro" *cough* Terra Australus people *cough* =P

It is in fact, pronounced like "She-ro" 'cause it is a Japanese word =P

If needed, you can always ask me to pronounce it for you ;)

EDIT: it should be in fact "She-loh" in Japanese but I'm making it easier for you ;)

Well I know it's not me your talking about, I pronounce it correctly all the time which you actually commented on I remember first time we TS'ed.

As for the pronunciation of Shiro, I thought the correct way to pronounce it is actually "Shee-Roh" (The way I pronounce it) which translates to the color white?

And yes my fellow Terra Australis brothers and sisters do have problems pronouncing words correctly. Hell look how they pronounce Syndell. They pronounce it "Sin-Dill" rather then "Sin-dell".

Or pronounce Aethyta as "A-tia" or "A-thia" rather then Ah-thee-ta".

But then I am just as bad as I pronounce Xibonn as Xi-bon where the rest of the team pronounce it as X-cibon. I have yet to hear which way is the correct way. :p

Well I know it's not me your talking about, I pronounce it correctly all the time which you actually commented on I remember first time we TS'ed.

As for the pronunciation of Shiro, I thought the correct way to pronounce it is actually "Shee-Roh" (The way I pronounce it) which translates to the color white?

And yes my fellow Terra Australis brothers and sisters do have problems pronouncing words correctly. Hell look how they pronounce Syndell. They pronounce it "Sin-Dill" rather then "Sin-dell".

Or pronounce Aethyta as "A-tia" or "A-thia" rather then Ah-thee-ta".

But then I am just as bad as I pronounce Xibonn as Xi-bon where the rest of the team pronounce it as X-cibon. I have yet to hear which way is the correct way. :p

I just forgot to add the "h" at the end =P

I don't really mind if you make the "She" part a bit longer to enunciate

And yes, "Shiro" means white while "yasha" means demon haha, just took it from the anime/manga Gintama =P

You were right the first time. The Japanese language doesn't have an 'l' in it, so it's an r sound, just a soft r instead of a hard r like in English.

Huzzah for nitpicking!

Most peeps don't know that I think so I just spelled it out as an "l" instead =P

Since Shiro wants proper Japanese pronunciation, you should add the proper Japanese honorific and add 'chan' at the end. :p Show your respect by using 'She-roh-chan'!! (disclaimer : use at your own risk, not responsible for what will happen to you afterward)

Since Shiro wants proper Japanese pronunciation, you should add the proper Japanese honorific and add 'chan' at the end. :p Show your respect by using 'She-roh-chan'!! (disclaimer : use at your own risk, not responsible for what will happen to you afterward)

I see what you did there!! :D

So nice to see a thread not containing epeen measuring comments, or underlying sarcasm!

FYI Khonan is pronounced K-HOE-nan. Emphasis on the HOE! :)

always pronounced it like conan the barbarian without the emphasis on being a hoocker :)

Well then I'll tell you how to pronounce J'hellsing. It's not J... nevermind. Nobody loves me enough to care... /wrist

and for some reason i pronounce yours jell-sing dono why

Edited by BattleGracefully

always pronounced it like conan the barbarian without the emphasis on being a hoocker :)

and for some reason i pronounce yours jell-sing dono why

I used to have this lass in my guild when I was in Proteus. She nicknamed every active member of the guild. I ended up with the name Jelly.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it not pronounced Wee-bo? ie, the aptly descriptive term for anyone who names their character after a Japanese word or anime character.

See;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weebo

Well, being full Chinese I think I can be considered an oriental ;)

Also I pretty much never watch anime anymore and even when I dd it was only 1 lol, never really been too much on an anime fan. Oh, I've also never cosplayed, not even once, no interest in it

Edited by Rorkiy

Phonetically it is said –

“Shi” “Lo-“

Slightly rolling your tongue for the Ro, but not drawing it out like the word “low”. It’s certainly not pronounced “She-Row” or “She-Ro”

I know how to pronounce it lol, I just wrote it that way to make it clearer for peeps who don't