DON'T use Sonic Wall/Guardianship

Torvai

Just a headsup for all fellow Guardian/Jugg players. The mentioned utilities should not be used ever.

The reason beeing, there's a bug(or at least I think it's a bug) where this utility interferes with sorcs Barriers, Operative shield probes and even the reactive warding relic effect. Interferes in it just overrides them and makes these effects useless. And you don't want to override a Static Barrier that absorbs 10k, or a Shield Probe that absorbs 13k damage with a tiny 800 damage absorb.

Just because I was reading around on Dulfy and saw that it's mentioned in almost every Guardian/Jugg guide there. So I thought I mention it here.:)

Edited by Torvai

Just a headsup for all fellow Guardian/Jugg players. The mentioned utilities should not be used ever.

The reason beeing, there's a bug(or at least I think it's a bug) where this utility interferes with sorcs Barriers, Operative shield probes and even the reactive warding relic effect. Interferes in it just overrides them and makes these effects useless. And you don't want to override a Static Barrier that absorbs 10k, or a Shield Probe that absorbs 13k damage with a tiny 800 damage absorb.

Just because I was reading around on Dulfy and saw that it's mentioned in almost every Guardian/Jugg guide there. So I thought I mention it here.:)

It's a great advice but honestly i prefer if BWA move their as*es and fix this. While i sure can swap my reactive warding relic with a shrouded crusader and only use scream when static barrier has fallen and i have the deionized debuff it's not fun.

It's a great advice but honestly i prefer if BWA move their as*es and fix this. While i sure can swap my reactive warding relic with a shrouded crusader and only use scream when static barrier has fallen and i have the deionized debuff it's not fun.

Sure, but as long as it's not fixed, people should know this ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Necessary necro : has this been fixed ? Haven't tanked in ages and I'm going to respec a couple Juggs into immortal...

And I use Reactive Warding relic on all my PVE chars (even DPS, especially as serendipitous assault or focused retribution are useless because of level sync caps) and when this was reported, Sonic Wall/ Guardianship destroyed that relic's damage-soaking proc...

Edited by BenduKundalini

• 4 weeks later...
Necessary necro : has this been fixed ? Haven't tanked in ages and I'm going to respec a couple Juggs into immortal...

And I use Reactive Warding relic on all my PVE chars (even DPS, especially as serendipitous assault or focused retribution are useless because of level sync caps) and when this was reported, Sonic Wall/ Guardianship destroyed that relic's damage-soaking proc...

Yeah, I'd love to know the answer to this as well

Yes it has been fixed. However I don't think reactive warding relic is a good choice for tanks anymore, especially not DPS! Level sync sucks but doesn't matter TBH if you really gotta have your relics proc on level sync planets just use the crit one and a clicky alacrity and then go back to SA and FR later. As for tanks Shrouded Crusader and one DPS relic is the way to go. Sheild amp for certain tanks on certain things, that's it.

Yes it has been fixed. However I don't think reactive warding relic is a good choice for tanks anymore, especially not DPS! Level sync sucks but doesn't matter TBH if you really gotta have your relics proc on level sync planets just use the crit one and a clicky alacrity and then go back to SA and FR later. As for tanks Shrouded Crusader and one DPS relic is the way to go. Sheild amp for certain tanks on certain things, that's it.

Alternatively, one can get the Relic of the Eternal Combatant from KOTFE chapter 16 and the Devastating Vengeance for maximum crit rating procs for level sync content for healers and dps. The clicky alacrity one won't bring you to a new GCD breakpoint.

What are your thoughts on using both dps relics vs SC and one? Do you think SA is superior to FR if paired with Shrouded Crusader, or the other way around? I'd assume SA for the power, since the effect of Mastery on critical chance is more RNG based than a baseline dps increase, and supercrits aren't a thing for tanks. Also, crafted Shield Amp Gemini Mk-4 still has endurance on it instead of the mastery from the 248 one, so that's an option. I've switched to dual "DPS" relics for all my tanks and I haven't noticed any issues, but I keep Reactive Warding, Shrouded Crusader, and crafted Shield Amp just in case.

Off the top of your head, can you mention some fights where Shield Amp is indicated?

And I use Reactive Warding relic on all my PVE chars (even DPS, especially as serendipitous assault or focused retribution are useless because of level sync caps)

I was thinking more about this … on any level-synced world boss that would have any significant dps check (are there any? I guess NiM Pilgrim, because 10-stack Dreadtooth, Revanite Walker, and Ancient Threat aren't really dps checks), if you are level sync'ed then the only thing you can do to boost your damage is maximize crit rating for super crits. Granted, there is no on-demand crit rating adrenal or relic, so there's no guarantee that you'll get DV or Eternal Combatant to proc when you get a supercrit, but with a companion healing you for solo content is Reactive Warding really going to save you? Are you trying to solo a world boss or something?