this is how much i hate corso riggs!

teambff

http://i.imgur.com/qPcUN.jpg

first i just levelled without a companion for a level, leading into and the beginning of nar'shadaa... then i completely benched corso for the ship bot.

i can't stand corso riggs, i wanted the fatman siidu to join me as companion, he was awesome.. instead i get this freak.

on top of it all for some reason he hangs out in the command area of the ship, which i'm baffled by. what business he has up front is beyond my understanding.

the ship bot is way better than corso, cut my downtime in half and he doesn't hate every decision i make. ship bot > corso.

Edited by teambff

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say you most likely have no clue what you are doing.

I leveled as a Sawbones to 43 then switched to Scrapper at 50 and now am a Sawbones again after the nerfs.

I love Corso Riggs for a number of reasons:

1. Surgically pulls a mob out of a pile to be killed. Before the others can get there I flash Grenade them and slow them and kill that mob. Then have Corso yank that one out of the pile to be killed. Works great for Sawbones or Scrapper.

2. Bowdaar is the most fun to watch but a nightmare as he beats mobs into other mobs. And if you turn that off the is no better then Corso other then for more then one target.

3. Risha can tank as well as the others but is not designed to tank. And mobs will waste her.

I have all 5 of my companions in full Centorian or Champion gear now.

The Bot is the most worthless piece of crap in the game, heals small and can not fight.

Besides Guss can wear my gear and heal almost as good as I can.

Nothing wrong with Corso you just need to learn how to play using him.

Most morons in the game want to charge in like a tank and kill stuff. Typical noobs....

this is just a guess but i think you missed the point, completely.

i don't even know what you're talking about, you don't even need a companion on nar'shadaa or most of the low levels. who cares if corso pulls someone with his little tinker toy grapping hook. i don't need any of that.

i'm not a healer so i can basically solo any of the non heroic stuff excluding the boss mobs without a companion so it doesn't matter if i have the ship bot or worthless corso.

had nothing to do with "knowing what you're doing", i dislike corso as a companion i don't care if he was the toughest person in the galaxy and solo'd bosses himself i'd still bench the freak.

but since you missed the point i'll proceed to explain it to you:

jokingly, i'm saying i dislike corso and think he's such a horrible companion, so much so that i benched him for that worthless ship bot. hah.

Edited by teambff

i'm not a healer so i can basically solo any of the non heroic stuff excluding the boss mobs without a companion so it doesn't matter if i have the ship bot or worthless corso.

Youtube link plz. For soloing some pack of 2 norm+2* (or even 3norm +1*, same\+1-2 level, non heroics and non-boss, yes), being not a healer and not a tank, and without any companions. I just'd love to see it.

Or it never happened, good trolling Sir. ;)

jokingly, i'm saying i dislike corso and think he's such a horrible companion, so much so that i benched him for that worthless ship bot. hah.

And the sad thing is that a well-geared C2 isn't actually a bad healer at all. He's just useless for anything else, since he can't shoot AND heal both.

the bot was a better tank for me when he was geared then corso ever was. Since he aggro while healing and he healed himself while mobs foolishly attacking him while no dents are being made.

Then again i'm a gunslinger and croso was always useless to me

Youtube link plz. For soloing some pack of 2 norm+2* (or even 3norm +1*, same\+1-2 level, non heroics and non-boss, yes), being not a healer and not a tank, and without any companions. I just'd love to see it.

Or it never happened, good trolling Sir. ;)

you must be joking? you really think that's hard?

i have 2 ccs (1 for droid and 1 for non droid), 3 interrupts, 2 of them stuns as scrapper.

(also i never stated that i was below the enemy level or the same level, i think i was 1-2 levels above the enemies)

the average encounter you will face on nar'shadaa, for example... would be 1 strong enemy and 2 normal enemies.

i will tranquilize the strong enemy from stealth, shotgun blast 1 of the others as an opening, pistol whip him and punch him and he's dead in a few seconds, then pistil whip the other and use pugnacity which is skilled and heals me for 90 or so a tick and restores energy... then easily take out the strong mob 1v1. mostly using pistol whip/punches and a quick shot (first hitting him with vital shot).

if it's 2 strongs / 2 normals, i'll tranquilize 1 strong and then quickly dispatch 1 of the normal mobs - then i'll use the sonic bomb to freeze the other strong mob while i kill the last normal enemy and then it's a 1v1 on the strong enemy in which i should be able to easily kill before the other one wakes up and then i fight him 1v1.

it's not difficult at all as a scrapper if you're geared pretty well and have pugnacity skilled for the heal, use a medpack, and use all your tactical utilities. (use distract/dirty kick/sonic bomb to interrupt any vital casting like a heal, etc).

the only time i have trouble is anything that causes me to have a very long fight because of energy management, i don't think the scrapper has the greatest energy management for long fights (at least in the 20s and even with cool head). so i do have some trouble with a few of the elite mobs.. but i have solo'd a couple of the elite mobs without a companion fairly easily.

just because you don't believe it doesn't make it so, i don't care enough to download fraps and record it and put it on youtube, it's not even a big deal really.. i'm sure other people have done it before as well.

Edited by teambff

the bot was a better tank for me when he was geared then corso ever was. Since he aggro while healing and he healed himself while mobs foolishly attacking him while no dents are being made.

Then again i'm a gunslinger and croso was always useless to me

you are correct, suprisingly he can take a pretty good amount of damage. i was kinda shocked. haha. i geared him up with cybertech parts (from another char.) and he wasn't that bad (well, not as bad as i expected). but he basically does no damage and his heals are fairly standard. but with pugnacity skilled, it's heal plus his heals made for a pretty easy ride with no downtime.

he's still pretty worthless but i did get a good laugh out of the whole thing, cocky corso riggs sitting on the ship while the ship bot is out fighting with me and doing pretty good for himself. :D

Edited by teambff

/gigglesnort

People never know what good stuff they just arbitrarily throw away.

Loss of free interrupt + good damage + good tanking + good looks.

Alas for them, I will take my pixel husband and go now.

lawl @ cocky corso fangirls. :p

i'm not denying he "can" be useful, all of the companions across all the classes have some use... the reason i dislike him so much is his personality and cocky attitude.

he preaches to me about my choices, always disagreeing with me even telling me not to do stuff again, he stands up at the command center of the ship where i don't want him... his voice irritates me to no end... he is just one of the most annoying companions i could ever ask for.... but i had to laugh because the fatman siidu got one over on me even after death by sticking me with him. and i wanted siidu as a companion and was salty that i didn't get him but instead got corso.

he doesn't fit in with the smuggler style at all, doesn't have any good comments, doesn't provide anything in terms of conversation. at least the wookie grunts or whatever noise he makes which is far more interesting than anything corso ever said.

you girls are have such weird taste in guys, i swear. :)

Edited by teambff

lawl @ cocky corso fangirls. :p

i'm not denying he "can" be useful, all of the companions across all the classes have some use... the reason i dislike him so much is his personality and cocky attitude.

he preaches to me about my choices, always disagreeing with me even telling me not to do stuff again, he stands up at the command center of the ship where i don't want him... his voice irritates me to no end... he is just one of the most annoying companions i could ever ask for.... but i had to laugh because the fatman siidu got one over on me even after death by sticking me with him. and i wanted siidu as a companion and was salty that i didn't get him but instead got corso.

he doesn't fit in with the smuggler style at all, doesn't have any good comments, doesn't provide anything in terms of conversation. at least the wookie grunts or whatever noise he makes which is far more interesting than anything corso ever said.

you girls are have such weird taste in guys, i swear. :)

You mean Viidu not Siidu :p

And I love him so much for his personality and cocky attitude :p

See, I have three great SWTOR loves.

Corso Riggs is my white knight and a cocky one at that.

Malavai Quinn is... well he just is. Evil men are hawt.

Torian Cadera is everything I've ever really wanted (irl, even). Period. Especially when he tells me he'll kill anyone I tell him to.... and he's voiced by Vash the Stampede.

But actually, Corso fits very well with the 'heart of gold' type smuggler - the light side smuggler that really does love the republic but doesn't like to show it because it's not good for the rep. The cocky Han Solo-ish smuggler and Corso go together very very well - particularly female smugglers.

I always think of Corso as the angel on Lillian's shoulder.

Now, a dark side or neutral smuggler I could see not going very well with Corso.

Edited by silvershadows

You mean Viidu not Siidu :p

And I love him so much for his personality and cocky attitude :p

See, I have three great SWTOR loves.

Corso Riggs is my white knight and a cocky one at that.

Malavai Quinn is... well he just is. Evil men are hawt.

Torian Cadera is everything I've ever really wanted (irl, even). Period. Especially when he tells me he'll kill anyone I tell him to.... and he's voiced by Vash the Stampede.

But actually, Corso fits very well with the 'heart of gold' type smuggler - the light side smuggler that really does love the republic but doesn't like to show it because it's not good for the rep. The cocky Han Solo-ish smuggler and Corso go together very very well - particularly female smugglers.

I always think of Corso as the angel on Lillian's shoulder.

Now, a dark side or neutral smuggler I could see not going very well with Corso.

aghh yes, you're right it was viidu not siidu.

too each their own, if you're enjoying yourself then so be it. i can't say i agree but that's why there are other choices.

it doesn't suprise me that girls like cocky corian. (corso/torian).

they're the typical meathead jocks with no personality who get all the girls.

moving on... i just thought it was funny my original post, that is... i guess it was only funny to me. :D

aghh yes, you're right it was viidu not siidu.

too each their own, if you're enjoying yourself then so be it. i can't say i agree but that's why there are other choices.

it doesn't suprise me that girls like cocky corian. (corso/torian).

they're the typical meathead jocks with no personality who get all the girls.

moving on... i just thought it was funny my original post, that is... i guess it was only funny to me. :D

Torian definitely has a personality :p

You just have to get to know him!

/gigglesnort

People never know what good stuff they just arbitrarily throw away.

Loss of free interrupt + good damage + good tanking + good looks.

Alas for them, I will take my pixel husband and go now.

Man i love crazy RPers. I love RPing and I find it so funny when a female comes along and totally Rps it up with their (like silvershadows says) "pixel husbands" It makes me laugh every time. Keep Rping Gals!!;)

I guarantee you that your hatred for Corso Riggs can not compare to mine.

Redneck hippies (yes, they really do exist), irk me at some deep level that is beyond rational explanation.

Ok im not a HUGE fan of corso...... but really??

Is his slight southern voice that bad????

Seriously people!!!

Ok im not a HUGE fan of corso...... but really??

Is his slight southern voice that bad????

Seriously people!!!

It's not the voice, it's the backwater, 'aw shucks,' 'women are weak, don't be mean' crapola that drives me insane. If you're mean to another guy, he's like "Yeah! 15!" - but say one wrong thing to a woman who just killed your contact, betrayed you, and is snogging one of your worst enemies and he's all "dude, that's a woman, don't do that -40!"

Whatever. Wanna be chivalrous? Be a jedi's companion - I've got some smugglin' to do, son!

It's not the voice, it's the backwater, 'aw shucks,' 'women are weak, don't be mean' crapola that drives me insane. If you're mean to another guy, he's like "Yeah! 15!" - but say one wrong thing to a woman who just killed your contact, betrayed you, and is snogging one of your worst enemies and he's all "dude, that's a woman, don't do that -40!"

Whatever. Wanna be chivalrous? Be a jedi's companion - I've got some smugglin' to do, son!

indeed, that's this reverse sexism attitude by meatheads where they will act all noble toward a female in terms of not hitting her like "you don't lay your hand on a female" and then they will cheat on them and treat em like crap in relationships... they lower females by putting them on this level below a male.. with this condescending way about it. always hate that attitude as if a female can't possibly be strong or smart enough to be a proper foe.

those are the same guys who think they "love females" because they wouldn't ever hit one but at the same time emotionally abuse them and use them up and cheat on them. etc. they don't do that out of "love" or a great caring they do it out of this lowering of a female as this weak, fragile little thing.

ahhhh that really annoys me, i love strong female characters and female villains all the same and to try and say they couldn't fight or be killed is a disgrace to them.

the girl on ord mantell was a straight up rogue, killer, backstabber.. she was "in the game" live by the gun, die by the gun. being famale doesn't change that.

and corso with his false bravado and caring sickens me and all guys like him.

just earlier

he was begging me to kill the resistance people, and cheering at their deaths but because syreena is female he has a huge problem. a form of sexism, in my opinion.

not sure if that rant even makes any sense. :)

Edited by teambff

All I can say is, once I got him...Bowdaar became my best friend.

It was also much more amusing that while finishing up Act 1, whenever Skavak would call me after NS he'd be all, "Ugh, seriously man, keep your pet on a leash! I don't want fleas" And I'd make a witty retort. +22/+60 Bowdaar and he's all, "Wait until we find you. I'll rip out your arms."

Kept giving me grins with the cutscene RP/dialogue.

I don't have a problem with Corso. I like him a lot. I understand that on other threads, as well as this one, some people have mentioned him being sexist. But our "real life" assessment of that comes along with a heap load of cultural/social baggage that (I'd like the assume) the Star wars universe doesn't have.

I don't have a problem with Corso's chivalry because:

1) I'm still in charge. Corso, like a good companion, knows that and respects it. I make all the decisions. ("Don't look at me! You're the one in charge!", "What's our play, Captain?", etc.) He goes willingly with me into situations with crazy odds where any sane person would run away screaming.

2) His protectiveness doesn't rankle me because he's a TANK! That's his job. Dang straight he's supposed to protect me, take hits for me, even die for me. And he does that, regularly. (Sorry I can't heal you Corso...)

3) I even told him straight out, "I'm no lady" and other similar sentiments, and he responded positively to that.

4) He gave me a gun for a gift. He knows I'm a space cowgirl and it's my job to shoot things (and look awesome doing it.) He didn't talk down to me or say I'm too fragile or I don't know what I'm doing, or "you poor thing let me take that dangerous gun from you before you hurt yourself."

5) He may get jealous if he sees me flirting, but does he really have any power in these scenarios? Our characters are always in the drivers seat. If I really don't want to upset him (and lose affection points), I just send him back to the ship and get Bowdaar ("I think I'll go climb some trees." :D )

Corso is cheerful and makes me laugh. :D

Personally, I really like Corso, mechanically he's a good tough tank and while yes the harpoon gun can sometimes be annoying, it can also be useful as hell a lot of other times, especially if you're a scoundrel, which I am, and can't engage as well at long range.

In terms of his personality, I find him endearing and appropriate to my character. admittedly, he's got nothing on Vette and her fall-out-of-chair-laughing snark lines, but he's a likeable hick and a good straight man to my smuggler's funny man. Of course, this largely comes down to how you play your smuggler, and I think one of the biggest weaknesses of the companion system is that you can get a first companion whose personality totally clashes with your character and you're stuck in affection-hell for 20 levels. I think at the very least each class's first companion should support the "default" personality of that class, AKA the star wars character they take after. In the case of the Smuggler that's of course Han Solo and if you basically play as Han, you and Corso will get along just fine, so they've succeeded in that regard.

Corso is fundamentally a light side companion though. If you play dark side, don't expect to get along with him. That doesn't make him a weak or badly designed character. Nor is Corso sexist, he's just "old-fashioned" and tries to be a gentleman.

Yes he wants to go easy on Syreena, I think largely because he can empathize, she was taken in, used, and betrayed by Skavak just like you and he were. At the same time, on Tatooine, when you meet the blatantly evil Vaverone Zare, even though she's played as a sexy femme fatale, Corso favors opposing and attacking her, despite her being a woman. Same with "big jan" in the quest about Corso's cousin, even though she's a woman, Corso doesn't want you to be nice to her.

If you're a male smuggler, which I am, Corso falls into the role of your bro/buddy/wingman, and does it very well. If you're female...well then yes I can see his jealousy getting annoying, but us guys are in the same boat with Risha. Hell, we're not even together yet, in fact she's sarcastically deflected all my advances so far, but I still get -affection whenever I flirt with anyone else. Talk about the queen of mixed signals!

Like every companion in the game, Corso works well with some character personalities and not so well with others. My guy is basically...a mix of Nathan Drake, Mal Reynolds, and Neal Caffery, a smooth talking, adventure loving, vaguely crooked space cowboy with a heart of gold and a girl in every spaceport...and the only real problem I've had with Corso is when he objects to my character smuggling spice in a few quests. Come on Bioware, you gave the smuggler a first companion that objects when they actually smuggle something?! Relatively minor concern in the scheme of things though.

Corso Riggs inspires so much ambivalence on my part that he's the only character in the game who can really provoke me into posting about him on the community boards. In most every thread that gets posted about him.

I'm light side aligned so I'm not completely unaware that he's not a bad guy, but that doesn't prevent his attitudes from being really friggin' ANNOYING for me.

Star Wars universe isn't supposed to have all the gender baggage stuff, but it totally does. What was going on with Viidu and Syreena, even after what she did she was looking at Skavak to look after her. And that doesn't seem to be that uncommon, considering some of the smuggler quest line from a female perspective. There are all these NPCs hitting on me from like level 4 on, and I just want to get working, get gear, and level up. If I lived in that verse, it would be pretty much unbearable how much unwanted attention is thrown at my character from every direction.

Corso not only contributes to that, and can't take a hint, and insists I take his blaster I don't want because apparently I have no idea how to fight or equip myself... but I actually spared Syreena and I still couldn't believe the double standard hypocrisy he spouted off at me.

I can not possibly see how he acts as constituting any definition of having respect for me. If I were even inclined to accept the advances of this constant flood of overtures from the other NPCs, which I'm not because of how ridiculous it all is, I could then expect to enjoy his overprotectiveness, jealousy when we AREN'T EVEN INVOLVED, and being called promiscuous by him.

No thanks.

Edited by Bytemite