Game Resolution - Fixed!

CAgirlnKS

Just wanted to share - I had a major problem with the display in the game after the 5.8 patch. Everything was stretched top to bottom and squished side to side and I thought the patch was the problem. Seems I was wrong. I had updated my NVidia driver just prior to patching and it was the culprit. I have a GTX 970 and had to rollback to the 388.71 (Dec 2017) driver to get everything back to normal.

Just wanted to share - I had a major problem with the display in the game after the 5.8 patch. Everything was stretched top to bottom and squished side to side and I thought the patch was the problem. Seems I was wrong. I had updated my NVidia driver just prior to patching and it was the culprit. I have a GTX 970 and had to rollback to the 388.71 (Dec 2017) driver to get everything back to normal.

That's exactly the same driver I rolled back to. The latest one was giving me random reboots. Tried everything, including re-installing Windows 10, and it still gave it to me. On a hunch, after the install, I rolled back to 388.71, presto, no more reboots.

That's exactly the same driver I rolled back to. The latest one was giving me random reboots. Tried everything, including re-installing Windows 10, and it still gave it to me. On a hunch, after the install, I rolled back to 388.71, presto, no more reboots.

I'm getting reboots since 5.0 (Nov 2016), no amounts of rollbacks, reinstalls and workarounds could fix it... :(

Have you ever considered that you may have a Hardware problem and not Software?

No, because I did not change hardware around the time when the reboots started.

I checked for memory errors, nothing.

Also, my reboots killed my PSU, which I changed and I was actually happy, because I thought it was a PSU problem.

But no, the reboots are back after I replaced the dead PSU.

I read somewhere that Windows 10 tends to just reboot when runs into an issue.

It may be that or any number of other things as well, but it definitely started with 5.0, that hadn't happened on an unchanged hardware for 1,5 years before.

Edited by Galahard

Also, my reboots killed my PSU, which I changed and I was actually happy, because I thought it was a PSU problem.

It may be that or any number of other things as well, but it definitely started with 5.0, that hadn't happened on an unchanged hardware for 1,5 years before.

which driver are you running now?

Just a suggestion but you may want to check your CPU to see if it may have been over heated or damaged (download and run a stress test) and Graphics card for the same (also with a stress test software) .

Not saying that you have a hardware problem but if your system has been rebooting for that long, it is most likely something in you hardware that may be failing when pushed as in when you run the game. I sure that you have already reinstalled windows and all drivers with no help. The only other thing left is the system its self.

If you cooked your CPU or GPU they could still work till you taxed them, they would fail. Unless you monitor the temp's you may not even know that they cooked, it doesn't take much or long to do to fry a CPU or GPU.

Edited by denavin

Just a suggestion but you may want to check your CPU to see if it may have been over heated or damaged (download and run a stress test) and Graphics card for the same (also with a stress test software) .

Not saying that you have a hardware problem but if your system has been rebooting for that long, it is most likely something in you hardware that may be failing when pushed as in when you run the game. I sure that you have already reinstalled windows and all drivers with no help. The only other thing left is the system its self.

If you cooked your CPU or GPU they could still work till you taxed them, they would fail. Unless you monitor the temp's you may not even know that they cooked, it doesn't take much or long to do to fry a CPU or GPU.

I'm thinking he didn't roll back his nvidia driver far enough. I went back 3 versions.