Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why delete a character after purchasing a species unlock?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why delete a character after purchasing a species unlock?

Nightblazer
12.25.2018 , 12:03 PM | #1
I'm actually curious about that. I notice that the habit is to purchase a species unlock more often then not, then claim the unlock, then immediately log out, delete the character and then can't create a new character with the new species.

So I'm curious, why delete the character? I've purchased many things through the Cartel Market but always through a main character I use all the time. I've never purchased an item, then deleted said character immediately. Has anyone here done that? If so why delete the character?

I understand maybe not knowing you need to claim or use the item from your inventory, but why delete the character is what I'm curious about?
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

JediQuaker
12.25.2018 , 12:15 PM | #2
I can't say I've ever heard of that. Perhaps they are trying to save the cost of changing a character's species through the customization kiosk - although simply creating another character would also avoid that.

But, unless you're out of character slots and can't afford to buy more, I don't see much reason to ever delete a character. Even if you don't play it, you can still use it's inventory and cargo bay as storage, if nothing else.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

ceryxp
12.25.2018 , 01:23 PM | #3
Just to be clear, you're talking about someone buying a species unlock from the CM and claiming it but not using it before deleting the character? If so then yeah, that doesn't make much sense and is likely due to someone not really understanding how unlocks and CM items work. Or just forgetting to use it before deleting. I can understand someone buying a species unlock then deleting that character in order to reroll them as that species so they can use that name. Depending on the level of the character it does make more sense to delete and reroll than to pay the CC cost to change species.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj