Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Streaming Launcher vs Direct Download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Streaming Launcher vs Direct Download

Klaymour
12.24.2018 , 03:16 PM | #1
What is the difference and why would one not launch the game when the other might?? Where do I get the Direct version?

MadDutchman
12.24.2018 , 04:51 PM | #2
The streaming launcher (using BitRaider) prioritizes how it downloads files so that you can launch the game to the starter worlds without having the full game downloaded (that continues in the background).

Sounds good in theory, in reality is a pile of crap. Never ending problems

Here are some instructions on how to go back to the old non-streaming (SSN) launcher http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7826333
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Klaymour
12.25.2018 , 08:11 AM | #3
Thank you very much for this!! Im downloading now and the "st" isnt there on the launcher and hopefully I can play!

SirMannii
12.25.2018 , 09:07 AM | #4
I can confirm the launcher issues years ago when they introduced the Streaming Launcher thingy.
<Ruthless>
FAMOUSLY FURIOUS
Idling on Carrick Station since December 14th, 2011.

Klaymour
12.25.2018 , 12:34 PM | #5
**UPDATE**
My launcher finished downloading, and I still get the same low resolution loading screen that just sits there at 1 frame per second and never goes any further.... I dont know what the problem could be. My account plays just fine on the Wifes rig, so its not that. Her launcher has the "st" in the corner and has no issues. Anyone have some ideas??

DarthSealth
12.25.2018 , 10:36 PM | #6
You'd have to offer more substance of what the rig is but at most it is the fact the game is 86x which means it won't use extra resources available once it's capped. Main thing is high clock cores most it uses is two, high ram speed most it uses is around 4GB, SSD and most importantly cooling this game has been known to make rigs run hot and thermal throttle.

Graphics cards are mediocre with this game especially if you're not looking to be playing at Ultra in 4K.
Darth Malgus
English equates to (Sarcasm x Endearment)

Have you heard Chief Keith is the New Reformed Ben Irving?
My Referral Link Refer A Friend T&C My Twitter Link