Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is the republic boring

Lium
12.21.2018 , 11:51 AM | #11
Because the Republic is the adult, more mature side.

Estelindis
12.21.2018 , 12:26 PM | #12
I much preferred Tau. Different strokes for different folks!
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Goreshaga
12.21.2018 , 12:43 PM | #13
To each their own, i liked Tau more than Anri.

And T7, Scourge, Kira, and Theron are among my favourite companions, and are all more pub side companions.

katiekrossover
12.21.2018 , 12:49 PM | #14
Buuuuuut
The republic has HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

SithKoriandr
12.21.2018 , 02:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by katiekrossover View Post
Buuuuuut
The republic has HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!
And she's awesome!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

JattaGin
12.21.2018 , 06:09 PM | #16
I just finished Ossus witrh my light side former-slave inquisitor who is now a traitor to the Empire.

I gotta say, the imp version of Ossus is so much better than the rep version. Rep side was good, but nothing compared how the imp version played out. What a difference.

And Anri immediately made it to the top of my list of favourite NPCs. She is really super cool. I also liked Tau, but Anri is the bestestest.

As for the question "Why is the republic boring"? Alrik Fassbauer would say: because the devs are biased and all play imp side. I don't think he's wrong with that.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

BenduKundalini
12.21.2018 , 08:24 PM | #17
Damn, my main, a gray bearded Jedi Knight, hasn't touched anything KOTFE & beyond with a 10 foot pole, but I really feel like discovering Ossus with him. Only thing is, I'll miss Kira dearly...

QuiDonJorn
12.21.2018 , 10:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Because the Republic is the adult, more mature side.
ha ha yep. its like all the teens and 20 year olds play empire and the more mature adults play republic.

Rheshalea
12.22.2018 , 12:47 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Atma View Post
Just find the Imperial companions more memorable is all. Even if I hate some of them, I remember them. With the Republic I draw a big blank for the most part.

Vette, Jaessa, Broonmark, Blizz, Gault, Khem Val, Andronikos, Kaliyo, SCORPIO

Republic has.. T7, Scourge, Jorgan, and.......
...and Dammit, Corso!

Senden
12.22.2018 , 01:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Kira is awesome and has the best sense of humor out of all the comps imo. She is also republic.

I rather enjoy the smugglers sarcasm ( and taunting poor Corso making him jealous).

I live for making Aric jealous flirting with Jonas and if you give him sass his responses are gold.

Among other pub characters for various reasons. Just depends on taste.
Kira is awesome but she also has one of the worst sayings in the game "feel my force" it sounds like the sort of thing I'd say to my friends as a teenager while simultaneously farting on them.

I think for me, it's just the main 1-50 story experience is better on Imperial side. JK while good feels like it's trying too hard to be heroic at times. Trooper while good is a bit stereotypical, Smuggler while good feels like one of the worst stories in the game which is more of a testament to the overall quality of the stories really. Consular has arguably the best story on republic side and one of the best in the game but combines that with the most dull personality for the consular himself. All the imperial stories on the other hand are great.. Warrior captures the feel of a ****** sith perfectly, Inq does a great job exploring Sith politics, BH and Imp Agents are arguably my favourite stories in the game, both capture their respective feel perfectly while simultaneously feeling Star Warsy.