Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I destroy Toborro's Glittering Fury?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do I destroy Toborro's Glittering Fury?!

danielbcaldas
12.24.2018 , 11:39 AM | #1
I'm having big trouble with this mission. Found a lot of suggestions and online videos about how to defeat that droid, but none of them seem to work. For what I've read, this mission's been altered by patches and none of the tips I've found so far (keep the range close, get behind the droid, let the companion tank, hide behind the wall, etc.) have worked. I keep getting one-hit kills over and over again. Any up to date tips?

MadDutchman
12.24.2018 , 11:52 AM | #2
The big laser of doom only fires forward. When he's prepping to fire it, don't stand in front of him.

Otherwise, just keep bashing him.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

denavin
12.24.2018 , 01:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by danielbcaldas View Post
I'm having big trouble with this mission. Found a lot of suggestions and online videos about how to defeat that droid, but none of them seem to work. For what I've read, this mission's been altered by patches and none of the tips I've found so far (keep the range close, get behind the droid, let the companion tank, hide behind the wall, etc.) have worked. I keep getting one-hit kills over and over again. Any up to date tips?
It's very simple....

Set your companion to TANK.
Have them attack and tank the droid.
YOU stand behind the droid and kill it.

Your companion will survive the laser attack you will take minimal damage. Then just kill the droid.
Easy Peasy...
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

danielbcaldas
12.24.2018 , 03:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
The big laser of doom only fires forward. When he's prepping to fire it, don't stand in front of him.

Otherwise, just keep bashing him.
Thanks a lot! it's a bit tricky to find the right spot to survive at close range (sometimes you're practically under the droid and it still hits you) but after dying another 3x I was able to do it! I appreciate the help!

MadDutchman
12.24.2018 , 04:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by danielbcaldas View Post
Thanks a lot! it's a bit tricky to find the right spot to survive at close range (sometimes you're practically under the droid and it still hits you) but after dying another 3x I was able to do it! I appreciate the help!
Glad to hear it.

That fight has always been annoying (and the Imp side version even more so). I hate bosses with insta-kills
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.