Survival in Pvp

Elrithis

Hi all

I would appriciate a little help, i have looked at the various pvp guides for playing a mostly immortal speced Jugg at 50 ive got all my warhero gear following the route of buying the vindicator and then ripping mods out of the tank boots for it, im now in the process of buying the augments for it. I leveled my biochem to 400 for the rakata stims and med pack and yest despite all this i spend half my time locked up in stuns watching whilst a Shadow (or assassin) eliminates pretty much all my health in the space of about 10 secs with me barely being able to touch them.

Is there something im missing is is this the be all and end all of pvp at 50 spend all your time in stuns whilst other untouchable classes kill you.

That's mostly due to the fact the shadow/sin is hitting you with mostly force attacks and bypassing your shield/absorb and defense stats. You want to pop invincible when you see one rolling up to you. Enraged defense as well if you hybridized and went up the Vengeance tree for the 15%/4% DR talent. Damage reduction is the only thing that will help with them. If they are 'middle tree' specced (deception) you may have a chance, they do a lot of weapon based attacks but the tank and madness specs are a tough nut to crack as a jugg tank. In my experiences anyway.

EDIT: And everything Helig said too.

Edited by Ridickilis

Hi all

I would appriciate a little help, i have looked at the various pvp guides for playing a mostly immortal speced Jugg at 50 ive got all my warhero gear following the route of buying the vindicator and then ripping mods out of the tank boots for it, im now in the process of buying the augments for it. I leveled my biochem to 400 for the rakata stims and med pack and yest despite all this i spend half my time locked up in stuns watching whilst a Shadow (or assassin) eliminates pretty much all my health in the space of about 10 secs with me barely being able to touch them.

Is there something im missing is is this the be all and end all of pvp at 50 spend all your time in stuns whilst other untouchable classes kill you.

Immortal Jug's main defense is proactive CC and mobility. Keep the enemy slowed 100% of the time, stun, LoS-kite them. Your job is not to kill them, but to stay up long enough to, for example, deny them the node. Abuse Intercede as much as possible, especially with Vindicator 2 set bonus.

As far as PvP goes, I would advise you to consider the Vigilance tank hybrid. Basically, you take Deafening Defense, Impale and Sonic Barrier. This way you practically get a rather good, short-CD Enraged Defense (combine with pvp adrenal if needed), you get Unstoppable which is amazing in combination with Push and instant Choke. This way, you have 1 less stun, but you can take noticeably more damage.

One small thing. Endure Pain may suck on paper, but, in combination with escaping Execute range, WZ medpack and Enraged Defense healing, it actually is very decent.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the replys :) i might have a mess arround with my spec and see :) I did just have the enlightening experience of getting a healer who knew what they were doing, knew i had guard up on them and promptly stood on top of me the entire time at a turret in civil war and no one could shift us.

Thanks for the replys :) i might have a mess arround with my spec and see :) I did just have the enlightening experience of getting a healer who knew what they were doing, knew i had guard up on them and promptly stood on top of me the entire time at a turret in civil war and no one could shift us.

That's awesome! That really is the best feeling ever; tanking your *** off for a healer who is healing their *** off for you. Totally unstoppable, or at the very least difficult to bust up.

As an immortal, or a hybrid tank you want to make sure you are always getting your defenses on. Don't use them all at the same time. One after another if you are in a prolonged fight. Not all at the same time. Enraged Defense is excellent if you are a hybrid tank, but I will use a combo of my rakata medpac and Endure Pain [which can take your health from like 20k to 30k for 10 secs combined] at the beginning of a fight, and either pop my D. Ward or Enraged Defense with it. However, you might want to hold off on using D. Ward and E. D. and use your Force Scream defense first. Also make use of your force slow so your opponent is not running circles around you. Then if you need some rage to burn use Force Push [also to interrput opponent], then Saber Throw and Force Jump with a Force Scream [free] and Sundering Assault. Force Choke is also a nice interrupt and you can use your Ravage. You can actually be good in any one on one fight, it'll just last longer. Don't burn all your defenses or stuns. Wear your opponent down. You are like Obi-Wan Kenobi. In the end there can be only one. Oh yea, don't forget, you are a tank. Put your guard up, use your taunts because that is your role still. If you are below 50k protection in a WZ you're not doing your job. You can use your taunts to help others you are not guarding, but stay near the guy you are guarding to obsorb their damage. I remember this one WZ where I was double teamed and actually beat the pair and a 3rd came in and I got 3 solo kills at the begging of a Civil War match as I was heading to side. They might have sucked, but you can become a force if you play it well. It takes some getting used to but practice makes perfect. Focus on one after another, don't keep switching between them, and use Intiidating Roar to keep the others out of the fight and Force Slow to help as well. Haha, just giving different situations. Edited by LordQordisz

Yeah that change to my spec was interesting. I think im helped out more by the fact i have my augments in now wich has given a nice hp boost and a slight dmg increase. I do still get mauled by certain classes but i feel im providing more utility now.