Fixing Commando for PvP...your thoughts?

stendarrs

GCD=1.5s

Grav Round=1.5s

With the option to queue abilities before GCD, I never even waste a fraction of a second casting grav round.

My only conceivable uses for the extra alacrity would be for a faster channel in Full Auto, Mortar Barrage, or Pulse Cannon, but only Full Auto makes its way into my PvE rotation. My opinion is that Heavy Trooper is a better talent, especially when PvPing or clearing PvE content where you take a lot of damage.

And what about the alacrity talents are mutually exclusive with Heavy Trooper? And actually with casted abilities the GCD is whatever the cast time is (or 1.5s whatever is shorter). So yes, the quicker channels on Full Auto and the marginally quicker cast times on Grav Round will be worth it if you're looking to eek out every point of DPS possible.

Here is the build I use. Though some have started about taking one in Weapon Calibrations and one in First Responder. A tad too RNG dependent for my tastes though. Also note that from a pure PVE perspective the Advanced Tech is probably better than Concussive Force.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

I need only one thing How to make commando real Range DpS?

Today Comando is call a range DpS but we have no range to play, I mean other class can close to us easily some class can fire far than us (35 metes) I dont understand Why sage can throw stone or pistal in gunslinger hand can fire far oue Heavy Cannon :eek:

Some class can charge (force leap) to us at 30 metes some class can pull us to him at 30 metes. Oh.... Do you ever see any guy who can jump equal to maximum firing range of HMG? Ok you can tall me Jedi in this game can do that. It mean HMG is usedless in this game.

Other class has some skill to take a gap between him and his target. Gunslinger has their Screen that pervent him from leap or pull. What dose it mean GS can stay at range and fire anyone want to melee with him must move closer to him cant leap cant pull. Sage has force speed if someone try to move close to him, He can sprint out and maintain a range between him and his target then firing.

What skill we have to do like that when target try to move closer to us? Knockback 4 metes .... Ar Thank you That help a lot nearly to nothing!!

I need BW give some skill to keep commando can stay at range more deficult to close up I no need interupt or more power up skill I need only this one.

** Plz try to understand my very bad English :p **

Commando's need three things and it should not even be a question, they SHOULD just give them to us.

1 an interupt

2 a snare needs to be added to our knock backs

3 we should be given flash grenade's like the gunslingger class has

That is it, those three things would ballance the commando class and make me a very happy trooper.

EDIT.....I have been a 50 Gunslinger for a LONG time, I just rerolled another class and it was Commando. I am 36 now and starting to wonder why in the hell did I pick commando. gunslinger is 80% better than what this class is at this time.

Edited by Lastot

Commando's need three things and it should not even be a question, they SHOULD just give them to us.

1 an interupt

2 a snare needs to be added to our knock backs

3 we should be given flash grenade's like the gunslingger class has

That is it, those three things would ballance the commando class and make me a very happy trooper.

EDIT.....I have been a 50 Gunslinger for a LONG time, I just rerolled another class and it was Commando. I am 36 now and starting to wonder why in the hell did I pick commando. gunslinger is 80% better than what this class is at this time.

Actually Concussion Charge does have a 50% snare attached to it. It should really be a root in my opinion. And I don't need Flash Grenade, I need an ability that makes me unable to be leapt to or rooted. In my opinion we should get a variation of Hold the Line which basically gives us Cover conditions (unable to be leapt to or interrupted) for 8 seconds with a 30 second cooldown.

Hmm, from a gunnery perspective:

1) No interrupt on Full auto

2) No resisting concussion charge (not talking about resolve here)

3) root or snare on stockstrike KB

4) Long dot on sticky grenade and/or turning explosive round into something useful

5) Add minor damage zone effect to stealth scan (ie. giving us defensive anticapping utility)

6) Unnerf charged barrier back to 2% per stack.

Essentially give us better CC, better instants, better surivability, better utility - without increasing our damage output when left alone. An interrupt would be nice, but I'd be happy without it if I got all of the above.

Edited by Jherad

Reduce the amount of Resolve Stockstrike build up. I think it's pretty silly that this miniscule Knockback builds as much (400) Resolve like Concussion Charge. Especially if you are forced to use it as an interrupt cause you have nothing else.

Stock strike used to have a knockdown. They removed the knockdown but left in the full resolve build. Another in a long list of half done development.

A 2s knockdown has always been building as much resolve as a knockback, and knockbacks build resolve on a fixed amount whatever the distance it pushes back people. 400 resolve points for a knockback is the normal amount. This is not an half done development.

Edited by Altheran

1. Full Auto should be uninterruptable except for knockback/CC. This is a big channeled damage dealer and it always gets interupted with a leap or kick. Why can I master strike through an interupt on my sentinel but not get off a full auto on my commando?

it is comical that all jk's get an uninterruptable channel, and the combat sent actually gets a target root to go along with it, but the commando equivalent is almost impossible to get to (3 gravs first) and then can be interrupted - thus, your resolve doesn't come into play.

it was incredibly stupid to nerf gunnery. all they had to do was fix the vortex stacking, which was a glitch in the first place.

hold the line belongs in commando trees. this is silly. every other ranged has a hard root on their knockback/punt plus either a way to become uninterruptable for a short while or a way to sprint away after dotting and slowing a melee. in other words, commando is the only range class in the game without a remotely effective means of dealing with melee...even if said means only takes effect on cd.