"Choke Point"...

Aleeha

Has anyone had trouble with this quest? Either I get smoked within the first wave pretty quickly, or the two droids just kick my butt... Now I've noticed that my pet - Vette - is having a very hard time staying in battle and keeping on targets unless I'm targeting for her. But with as many as 8+ mobs on the screen at once, I've got my hands full as is..

Has anyone had trouble with this quest? Either I get smoked within the first wave pretty quickly, or the two droids just kick my butt... Now I've noticed that my pet - Vette - is having a very hard time staying in battle and keeping on targets unless I'm targeting for her. But with as many as 8+ mobs on the screen at once, I've got my hands full as is..

Take out Quinn.

It can be challenging. I found it easy enough though if you pull the waves back far enough that the friendly NPCs engage them. Especially when you get to the droids -- pull back all the way to the tents if you have to, and let the droids target the NPCs for a breather.

I did the quest with Quinn, had no problems with it after the NPCs actually started being useful. Just don't stand too close to the cave exit, otherwise you'll get killed in seconds when the two droids spawn. Pull your companion off "attack" and to "passive" when you're retreating back, and they should survive.... as long as their health isn't already down too low.

And a bit of a spoiler on the waves, too -

there are actually three waves. An elite droid spawns in the final wave after the two droids. So be ready!

Pretty easy with following tactic;

Preperations:

- Use Vette

- have a medpac or two ready

- if you have one, use a presence-stim

tactic:

To the left where the friendly soldiers are standing there are a few barrels, you use these to get out of sight of enemies. Have Vette focus one enemy at a time down, she should be able to kill almost all standart mobs by herself if you equipped her a bit (of course, stims that increase presence work nicely here). Before Vette goes down take her back, have her los the enemies as well and wait for them to come or just charge into the last wave. Repeat this.

Second wave I think you face two strong opponents at once, just have the soliders "tank" one of them and kill the other one, cloak of pain, obfuscate, saber ward etc can and should be used and of course, medpacs, you can also use call on the force, the elite in the 3rd wave is easily done without CotF.

When annihilation specced you can be a little bit more offensive, whenever you have 30 rage (use cd, dot and watch your health get back up), don't forget to force choke stronger opponents for 3 sec without taking dmg and always interrupt the abilities with a cast time.

Had no problems on lv 28 with this at all after I wiped the first time charging in recklessly, because I didn't think there would be waves ;o

Now the real problem was acutally beating the stupid Jedi on Hutta afterwards, phase 1 is easy, phase 2 doable with cotf and luck (or a higher lv), 3 is basically 2 and afterwards there is another fight that is managable... would recommend to bring a friend though for less frustration.

Vette survives a lot better if you tank for her against the most powerful opponents (she didn't die until just before I did), but I still haven't been able to get past the final opponent in the third wave. Just got there and died a few minutes ago. That was mostly because I wasn't expecting it (should have, Bioware loves threes) and didn't wait for all my abilities to recharge. I'm taking a break before I go back in because, for me, being without a speeder, it's very irritating to have to run all the way back to the cave repeatedly.

The first few times I got booted from this, I thought it was a bug, because I wasn't dead for the first time (now, that was a bug) and the lag was so bad, I was still showing health when I got booted and showed dead. Eventually, I sussed it out, though. ;)

not to troll, i just happends to done that quest yesterday on my Level 35 Mara, and failed 3 times.

the key is not getting to much agression, and sacrifice 1 of you'r companions

and use dark channeling before talking to the commander.

other then that their is just nothing more you can do.

a merc will have done it without breaking a sweat.

• 1 month later...
To the left where the friendly soldiers are standing there are a few barrels, you use these to get out of sight of enemies.

This was the key to the fight.

I tried this quest at level 29 several times and died miserably. Went away and got 30, came back to face the same result with both Vette and Quinn.

Then I read this thread and started each wave behind the barrels, only coming out after the soldiers had built up decent aggro. The fight was a piece of cake.

In the first wave, I let the soldiers do almost all the work.

In the second, I let the main quest guy kill one of the tougher dudes and killed the other myself.

In the third wave, I let the quest dude start the fight and then jumped in. I hardly drew aggro at all.

Using those barrels made a night and day difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure which quest it is but I have come across several quests that are challenging. Either do it later at a higher level or try to balance out out the damage you take by sending in your companion first and then you go in and take aggro away at the right time to kill the boss or mobs. Sometimes you have to approach the fight a certain way too. Not just which companion you have but also how you enage the fight.

In addition, someone already mentioned but have your stims, and medpacks.

• 1 month later...
Yeh, like Vdubb said, you can stay behind the stacked barrels and the quest guy will kill the mobs for you. I did, however, come out to kill the droids and the final boss- which were quite easy given that me and vette had full health and all abilities were ready to use.:p

• 3 years later...

I am very happy to have found this thread. After getting my head handed to me three times in a row with my Sith Marauder (level 32 first two tries, then level 33), I followed the advice found here. I stayed behind the barrels, coming out only to use "Disable Droid" on any incoming droids (second and third groups).

When the Captain sang my accolades, calling me a "war machine", I had to laugh, as all I did was stand and watch... then take all the credit. Hmm...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...