Discouraged to raid due to the ease of it all.

So, by the time I got to 50 (I took my time) my guild had already zerged through all the 16 man ops including most hardmodes. When I got to 50 I posted on our forums that I was avail to fill a raid spot and I got into a weekly raid group no problem. When it came time to raid I was to be invited into a hardmode 16 man EV. After thinking about this for a while I just didn't show up on the scheduled raid day.

Why?

Because I shouldn't be able to turn 50 and enter hardmode raiding content the next day. There's little to no prep needed, no epic key quests to complete, no gear requirements and because my guild has been doing this for weeks, they'll want to zerg through it as fast as possible which will prob leave me with little time to look around and enjoy the instance.

Honeslty, this makes me not want to raid. I'm starting to hate this part of the game. The way they've made everything so easy. I don't want to turn 50 and get carried through raid content. I want to work for it and when I finally zone in for the first time experience that sense of wonder and accomplishment.

Anyone else feel this way?

Edited by Rotny

So, by the time I got to 50 (I took my time) my guild had already zerged through all the 16 man ops including most hardmodes. When I got to 50 I posted on our forums that I was avail to fill a raid spot and I got into a weekly raid group no problem. When it came time to raid I was to be invited into a hardmode 16 man EV. After thinking about this for a while I just didn't show up on the scheduled raid day.

Why?

Because I shouldn't be able to turn 50 and enter hardmode raiding content the next day. There's little to no prep needed, no epic key quests to complete, no gear requirements and because my guild has been doing this for weeks, they'll want to zerg through it as fast as possible which will prob leave me with little time to look around and enjoy the instance.

Honeslty, this makes me not want to raid and hate this part of the game. I don't want to turn 50 and get carried through raid content. I want to work for it and when I finally zone in for the first time experience that sense of wonder and accomplishment.

Well, obviously you're being carried. You need to start a new group and get fresh fifties in if you want to experience real raiding, which is the countless wipes trying to figure out a kill.

Content too easy? - They must be catering to casuals.

Content too hard? - Why is only 1% of the community allowed to see the content? Stop catering to the hardcore!

Finish content too fast? - Not enough content, you made it a joke!

Content takes too long to complete? - I don't have all my life to waste on raiding!

Everyone has different tastes, not everyone can be pleased.

It is 'literally' impossible for them to try and do so.

So they have to decide, which % of the playerbase do we wish to appeal to the most?

You apparently were not in the % they chose.

Sorry about your luck.

Well, obviously you're being carried. You need to start a new group and get fresh fifties in if you want to experience real raiding, which is the countless wipes trying to figure out a kill.

Agreed, but that's not really the point. Why have people cleared the content a month after release, that alone is very very bad imo. We had 50s before early access ended. Cleared EV within days of the game official launch. There's no difficulty, no time sinks. It's completly un-epic. 3 months after the game launched the server should be talking about the first level 50 like some legendary thing. 6 months after launch the 1 guild with absolutely no lives would be standing around on fleet with crowds around them inspecting and oohing and ahhing at how epic they look and hoping to one day to be able to get a piece of raid gear too.

I know everyone's going to say no one wants to spend that much time in the game, everyone deserves to see the all the content, RL, etc etc. I agree, I just think people are clearing the content way too fast.

I want the epic back in my MMO. I'm sure there are many others who wish to go back to the epic MMO days of old where having purples meant something.

I'm a paying customer and I think SWTOR is too easy. This is my feedback to Bioware, I need more of a challenge or I will prob not play for too much longer.

Content too easy? - They must be catering to casuals.

Content too hard? - Why is only 1% of the community allowed to see the content? Stop catering to the hardcore!

Finish content too fast? - Not enough content, you made it a joke!

Content takes too long to complete? - I don't have all my life to waste on raiding!

Want. To. Sig.

But yeh, form your own guild - set progression at your own pace. With a game in it's infant stages such as now, there is a vast untapped reservoir of capable players who are unguilded.

I dont think it matters what color the gear you get is. As far as the end game content I havent made an alt yet simply becuase I havent had the need. I have been 50 for weeks now and I still have alot to do. Between pvp, ops, hm, daily stuff on ilum, and even some role play I think there is alot to keep most people happy until new content comes. I would agree that a few encounters in EV seemed like free loot machines. The actual encounters are fun though. Maybe not hard but between the mechanics and graphics I think there is evidence that bioware could take end game pve to a whole new level. So in my opinion to your post is just give it some time. The game is still evolving.

Agreed, but that's not really the point. Why have people cleared the content a month after release, that alone is very very bad imo. We had 50s before early access ended. Cleared EV within days of the game official launch. There's no difficulty, no time sinks. It's completly un-epic. 3 months after the game launched the server should be talking about the first level 50 like some legendary thing. 6 months after launch the 1 guild with absolutely no lives would be standing around on fleet with crowds around them inspecting and oohing and ahhing at how epic they look and hoping to one day to be able to get a piece of raid gear too.

I know everyone's going to say no one wants to spend that much time in the game, everyone deserves to see the all the content, RL, etc etc. I agree, I just think people are clearing the content way too fast.

I want the epic back in my MMO. I'm sure there are many others who wish to go back to the epic MMO days of old where having purples meant something.

I'm a paying customer and I think SWTOR is too easy. This is my feedback to Bioware, I need more of a challenge or I will prob not play for too much longer.

You were going being carried by the rest of your guild who rushed to 50, just like the days my old guild carried a lot of people through BWL, AQ40, and even early part of Naxx40.

You shouldn't talk about how easy the fights are having not completed any raid content. Please come back after you killed Soa on Nightmare mode or getting both nightmare timed run titles and then talk about how easy the content is

Accessible gear is actually a good thing. In MMO you want to give ways for people to progress in other ways other than raiding.

I wish they would have utilized the difficulties better:

Normal- For the very casual, anyone can complete and enjoy the story (Tionese rewards)

Hard - OoH, a punch to the gut... learnable though (Columi)

Nightmare - Hell on earth for even the best of guilds... ungeared need not apply... (Rakata)

We one shot everything first attempts in Karagga's last night on nightmare... The Trash was more feared then the bosses...

And change the rewards from HM FP's to Tionese...

Edited by Cloviscat

Running reg raid to get gear to run hardmode raids was a meh in wotlk and is meh here too.

It's been said 9999 times and here's the 10000th.. designing a game to attract every type of gamer in an MMO makes for a watered down, easy mode MMO.

Wow got worse and worse as they tried to bring in as many people as possible to make as much $ as possible. Swtor has taken that business model and gone even further.

I don't think I'll ever have as much pride and affection for any characters in swtor like I did for my hand of a'dal priest in wow.

I'd agree things were a little too hardcore for me in wow. I spent way too much time raiding and just being online and my RL suffered, but aspects of that more hardcore MMO experience are seemingly absent here and I'm already looking forward to other MMOs.

When a bunch of more hardcore-ish raider types leave the game it will be even worse for the game will have a majority of casuals steering it into even more watered down MMO territory.

They just needed to slow down the leveling process and make getting to 50 just the first step. Once you're there, you embark on some epic quest line that takes you through multiple HM FPs, has you kill a couple world bosses and finally after turning in a quest item EV opens for you. It's not overwhelmingly hard, but as it is it's kind of a joke.

I realize I'm ranting. I'm pretty much done now, but I signed up on swtor.com back in 2008 and have been looking forward to it for ages and now that's it's here I'm extremely disappointed at how watered down it is. Just my $.02.

Goodluck!

Why?

Honeslty, this makes me not want to raid. I'm starting to hate this part of the game. The way they've made everything so easy. I don't want to turn 50 and get carried through raid content. I want to work for it and when I finally zone in for the first time experience that sense of wonder and accomplishment.

They confused Casual as wanting stuff handed to them. keying up for zones having long questlines and gear req's are not hard core mechanics. they are mechanics that make people feel achievement and accomplished when they achive said goal. In the end Bioware has created a game that only apeals to rerollers in the hardcore community and hand outs to the Casuals. I am a casual player and a guild leader. we did our first normal mode EV run and it was an absoloute joke. we one shotted the whole place with no deaths and lvl 50's that had some green and blue gear. The tiering system is borked, the gear aquisition is a incredibly grindy and makes zero difference to the casual as they can raid in greens and blues and oranges. I just dont see the long term appeal of SWTOR though im having fun i do not feel any attachement to my main , the only reason im not back playing Rift right now is my guildmates.

Edited by wifeaggro

By your line of thinking, if every kid in your neighborhood knew how to ride a bike by the time they were 7 and made it look easy, and talked about how easy it was, you'd be the one standing aside and saying, "Nah I'm not even going to bother learning how to do it, cause it's too easy."

Does that make any sense? No? Neither does your reasoning for not wanting to do dungeons.

Is this guy mad because he is in a PROGRESSION BASED GUILD and didn't level at the requirement set by his guild? Sounds like you are wanting to be put on someone's back.

Progression means moving forward in content not back. You will have to keep up with the pace set by your peers or be left behind because they aren't going to go back and do it for you.

Don't whine because this is something you can fix.

This is like complaining because you lost the remote to turn off the TV. Get your lazy butt off the couch and turn it off.

Won't miss you when you unsubscribe.

And if you want a challenge go do NM in T1 or less gear.

Is this guy mad because he is in a PROGRESSION BASED GUILD and didn't level at the requirement set by his guild? Sounds like you are wanting to be put on someone's back.

Progression means moving forward in content not back. You will have to keep up with the pace set by your peers or be left behind because they aren't going to go back and do it for you.

Don't whine because this is something you can fix.

This is like complaining because you lost the remote to turn off the TV. Get your lazy butt off the couch and turn it off.

Won't miss you when you unsubscribe.

And if you want a challenge go do NM in T1 or less gear.

We have no requirements level or otherwise. There are multiple OPs groups for reg, HM and NM OPs. That's not the point. The point is that any 50 in greens can complete raid content the day they turn 50 a mere month after starting at level 1. There's no challenge. HM and NM modes are largely irrelevant to my point. They are a cop out in raid content imo.

It's easy mode MMOing for 2012.

We have no requirements level or otherwise. There are multiple OPs groups for reg, HM and NM OPs. That's not the point. The point is that any 50 in greens can complete raid content the day they turn 50 a mere month after starting at level 1. There's no challenge. HM and NM modes are largely irrelevant to my point. They are a cop out in raid content imo.

It's easy mode MMOing for 2012.

You sir, just won the hyperbole award.

1) The reason YOU are able to even contemplate the above paragraph is because where your guild is at;

2) Someone in greens NORMALLY is going to have a tough time doing Normal - it is absolutely doable but not easy - the fact that they are getting people into raids as early as possible is a great thing. Artificial gear checks for raiding, are exactly that, artificial;

3) You discount HM and NM. Why? These are part of progression. Anyone who completes all Normal mode content and says they are finished raid content will be laughed at.

4) A significant majority, no one has numbers so I can only give personal observation, is not close to completing NM or even HM. The fact that a certain small percentage of guilds have done all of NM is a good thing, They pushed themselves through progression and get to call themselves elite guilds. The converse of this is that is is also a good thing that the same NMs will be beaten in a few weeks/months by a second tier of guilds. This type of content design is optimal.

(Also you sound quite ridiculous complaining about easy content when it is clear, and you yourself have admitted, that you are being carried through said content).

Edited by Uncommonname