PVP is an utter disaster right now.

Jarbarian

Vanguard, Sentinels and a few other classes got some overpowered boosts for PVP.

Can't touch a Vanguard now even in crap gear, they steamroll you.

Can't get Sentinels off me, then and Vanguards take 1/2 your health in the first second of PVP.

Seriously I can't believe a company like this rolls out patches and completely breaks PVP. There's been a couple of patches since the big patch, it did not fix a damn thing related to PVP.

Just PVE crap which no one likes anyway.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguard, Sentinels and a few other classes got some overpowered boosts for PVP.

Can't get Sentinels off me, then and Vanguards take 1/2 your health in the first second of PVP.

Seriously I can't believe a company like this rolls out patches and completely breaks PVP. There's been a couple of patches since the big patch, it did not fix a damn thing related to PVP.

Sentinels Overpowered??? I never thought I'd hear those words in the same sentence. I play a sentinel as my main, we are not "Overpowered". If anything we can use a buff.

Powerlode is broken but mara damage is fine. Mara is great in pvp with defel splice genes tactical, a definite tier 1 class for both regs and solos and i wouldn't be mad if they nerfed that tactical slightly

Vangaurd is probably the only class in the game that's balanced.....Sure they have crazy good burst, but if you so much as sneeze on them they die.

There's no way you actually believe that

Edited by Sharkii_boy

Vangaurd is probably the only class in the game that's balanced.....Sure they have crazy good burst, but if you so much as sneeze on them they die.

During 5.0 this was true. Since 6.0, they have monster burst, and they are doing about 1.5X too much DPS.

TL;DR

PT DPS are definitely over-performing.

During 5.0 this was true. Since 6.0, they have monster burst, and they are doing about 1.5X too much DPS.

TL;DR

PT DPS are definitely over-performing.

Which is fine imo. Burst is burst and honestly I think all the burst specs should have similar burst given the general TTK in this game is waaaaay too high with literally the exception of VG's who are glass cannons which is why I say they are the most balanced.

Which is fine imo. Burst is burst and honestly I think all the burst specs should have similar burst given the general TTK in this game is waaaaay too high with literally the exception of VG's who are glass cannons which is why I say they are the most balanced.

Ya... no.

Time to Kill seemed to me to be a lot higher than I remembered. Since returning to PvP (and the game) I attributed it to rust and general mediocre skill level. Maybe I am not daft after all.

this whole thread is pointless, cause the first 3 posters probably only played 5 battlegrounds on one spec with bad utilities, bad gear and generally no clue.

I hope I'm wrong, but it reads like that.

this whole thread is pointless, cause the first 3 posters probably only played 5 battlegrounds on one spec with bad utilities, bad gear and generally no clue.

I hope I'm wrong, but it reads like that.

The OP of this thread cried about dps juggs being overpowered a few months ago.

Perhaps OP could tell us what is a balanced class because their list of op classes is starting to become rather long winded.

A lot of classes just have straight up broken mechanics, so I can understand why people think everything is OP. Like Op roll for example? That thing is stupid broken. If it was just a movement skill fine, but giving the damn thing 100% immunity to everything? Dumb.

Or what about mercs/mandos? On my mando I can literally survive an all out war on my character. Basically 3 heal to fulls and talents that makes one of them basically spammable, then you add in things like e-net and double jetout with leap immunity.....yikes. I rarely died on my mando.

There's too much utility/broken mechanics. Like the mando crap.....all that stuff literally only exists because the developers decided to have a knee jerk reaction to how bad they performed in solo arenas....balancing classes around solo arenas has made most classes way too strong in self sustainability.

I wouldn't really call any class OP, just a lot of mechanics/utility among classes are stupid and shouldn't exist.

Edited by Raansu

I hate to rain on your parade, but most of this game is pve, and pvp is a very small (toxic) minority. So, No, it doesn't make sense to divert a lot of resources away from what most people pay for. To imply pvp hasn't been broken for many years----->Lol:rolleyes: Pvp has been an utter disaster for a loooooooooooooonnnngggg time now; besides a few regs, most players just avoid pvp like the plague as we know pvp is a lost cause :cool:

Edited by BlackSilverFire

A lot of classes just have straight up broken mechanics, so I can understand why people think everything is OP. Like Op roll for example? That thing is stupid broken. If it was just a movement skill fine, but giving the damn thing 100% immunity to everything? Dumb.

Ever tried to... idk... maybe not attack into their roll? Or how about... idk... rooting them before their roll. The nice thing about mercs is they have an on command root. Missile blast, might wanna look it up.

balancing classes around solo arenas has made most classes way too strong in self sustainability.

As opposed to balancing around regs where 90% of the players have no idea what they are doing on their class.

Edited by septru

Ever tried to... idk... maybe not attack into their roll? Or how about... idk... rooting them before their roll. The nice thing about mercs is they have an on command root. Missile blast, might wanna look it up.

As opposed to balancing around regs where 90% of the players have no idea what they are doing on their class.

lol. But. This is all true. I love Missile Blast with Rootz!

Ya, because I'm psychic and totally knew they were gonna roll the very minute I pressed a button. Sorry, but a spammable 100% iommunity skill that can be done twice on an extremely short CD toppled with all their other defensive utilities? No, just no. The roll should never have had immunity attached to it.

Also, you can only root them for so long and roots and internal CD's....so ya, that statement is a moot point, especially when the class has root breakers. Your argument does not negate the fact that roll with immunity is a broken mechanic.

And yes, balancing around 8v8 objective pvp is way better than balancing around 4v4 arenas. Class balance before the introduction of arenas was not perfect, but it was 1000x better than what it is now.

Edited by Raansu

lol. But. This is all true. I love Missile Blast with Rootz!

the god damn ability even has a knockback now if you take the tactical.... i hate the devs. lmfao.

Edited by septru

The drawback is that a conc op only gets 3 seconds of immunity out of every 13 if they are willing to sacrifice a huge chunk of DPS.

Not even remotely a drawback....2 rolls on a basically 10s CD and barely giving up any dps is not a drawback to have 100% immunity. White damage working on shroud? Thats a drawback. Barrier rooting you inplace? That's a drawback. A mobility skill that gives immunity and can basically be spammed? Ya no.

For the record, I'm not calling the class OP. I don't think any of the classes are OP, I just believe specific mechanics are broken (mando having a bunch of h2f's shouldn't be a thing, all the speed buffs sorc healers get shouldn't be a thing, predation being on a CD shouldn't be a thing etc....)