Nightmare Pilgrim should be an instance

So you dont think that the encounter would be more fun if you were actually competing for the kill in a real way? For example Auto PvP flagging when you attack them. Or through a contribution point system? You honestly think its more fun to just get one shotted when one player outside your group from EITHER faction attacks the mobs?

I remember SWG used to have it so the party that did the most damage would get credit for a kill.

They don't have that in SWTOR instead they have it so NPCS/MOBS get tagged by whoever hits them first & The one-shot kill for NP is obviously to keep multiple raids from joining forces to down it easier.

This thread/topic just proves yet again that if people can find a way to exploit a MMO to grief other players they will use it.

Edited by MorgonKara

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember SWG used to have it so the party that did the most damage would get credit for a kill.

They don't have that in SWTOR instead they have it so NPCS/MOBS get tagged by whoever hits them first & The one-shot kill for NP is obviously to keep multiple raids from joining forces to down it easier.

This thread/topic just proves yet again that if people can find a way to exploit a MMO to grief other players they will use it.

This is completely off topic, but it is kind of funny how SWG was so much better then SWTOR. All SWTOR has ove SWG is graphics and voice acting...:rolleyes:

Okay let's explain something here.

PvP server: tht means you are always flagged for PvP even when you're questing.

PvE server: this doesn't mean it's exclusively PvE. It just means tht you get to CHOOSE when you want to open world PvP or not. So if you are flagged for PvP and a repub player comes up on you while fighting a world boss, then expect to be attacked.

That isn't an exploit. That is the way the game was designed. We are on a PvE server, so don't flag for PvP if you don't wanna fight other players in open world.

Okay let's explain something here.

PvP server: tht means you are always flagged for PvP even when you're questing.

PvE server: this doesn't mean it's exclusively PvE. It just means tht you get to CHOOSE when you want to open world PvP or not. So if you are flagged for PvP and a repub player comes up on you while fighting a world boss, then expect to be attacked.

That isn't an exploit. That is the way the game was designed. We are on a PvE server, so don't flag for PvP if you don't wanna fight other players in open world.

Wow. Did you even read one post in this thread? The issue has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with PvP. When a raid engages the nightmare pilgrim he does an ability that will one shot the entire raid unless everyone has an alphawave inhibitor. If anyone outside your raid (meaning if 21 people enter the threat table) that ability will kill the raid reguardless of your inhibitors. Its a mechanic that was implemented to prevent raids from receiving outside help. the problem with this is that if some annoying little troll happens upon your raid in the middle of the fight all he has to to is hit the nightmare pilgrim or the add and BAM. Raid wiped instantly.

I am ok with how it is atm... but i would like 2 things get implemented to avoid trolls...

Basically currently the issue is the debuff and the consumable that you have to buy to avoid it... and how a troll can wipe a raid just doing 1 taunt to one of the 2 NPC's... and he even does not need it...

So what about IF... you make that debuff & damage general to the zone? Like 100 yards (or less) of the zone... so everyone must have the consumable to be able to approach to the bosses or it's an instant death?

In this way i think it could prevent being griefed... and having a real world pvp matches between guilds fighting for downing the boss...

Just my 2 cents.

I am ok with how it is atm... but i would like 2 things get implemented to avoid trolls...

Basically currently the issue is the debuff and the consumable that you have to buy to avoid it... and how a troll can wipe a raid just doing 1 taunt to one of the 2 NPC's... and he even does not need it...

So what about IF... you make that debuff & damage general to the zone? Like 100 yards (or less) of the zone... so everyone must have the consumable to be able to approach to the bosses or it's an instant death?

In this way i think it could prevent being griefed... and having a real world pvp matches between guilds fighting for downing the boss...

Just my 2 cents.

Except the World Boss is in a questing area... so this would inconvenience every level 45 doing their quests in that area.

sphyg

"We did this last night. An opposing faction was attacking NP. The dudes were flagged for PVp. So my buddy sent in there and aoe taunted to take less damage. This pulled the boss and killed him instantly, but then they all got mad and said they were reporting bla bla bla.

My thought was, don't be flagged for PVp when fighting an open world boss."

Really Sphyg...... I'll explain again what tactics your guild used to get me guild to wipe multiple times on NP. Before the raid we specifically made sure that everyone's pvp flags were turned off cause mine is always turned on. Sat there for 5 minutes and got it off. We were doing NP when your guild showed up to do it but couldn't. So your guild members decide to use this trick to get our pvp flags turned on. If say Sphyg ran out into lets say my AoE my flag gets turned on for some odd reason Bioware made it this way. Then because the healer throws out a heal to me the healer gets it and eventually the whole raid. I would be fine if you guys did it a couple of times whatever. But the constant 1-2 hour of pulling NP and causing a wipe was BS. Also waiting til we got the guy down to 19% was bs too. To be fair Sphyg didn't do any of the pulling or taunting of the boss but his guild members and an officer did. But since this is considered fair play in Swtor you better believe you'll see my guild around when yours is trying to do NP.

"Just deal with it" is a piss poor argument. Nightmare pilgrim trolling just devolves into a "no one wins" scenario. We show up and pull, Sithies attack the boss, paranoia counter goes over 16 and everyone dies. Imps pull the boss, I add on, paranoia over 16, everyone dies. Now, NO ONE, can run the boss. BUT WAIT, WE CAN JUST DEAL WITH IT. That's the same as offering no solution. It's just an endless cycle of hate, screwing one another over. How is that fun? You can't just let the other faction have it once the trolling has started, because then they'll simply do it every time to guarantee only their faction(or guild) can farm the boss. You're virtually forced into participation of pure stupidity. Is this how world bosses were meant to be done? If so, then the intention to begin with severely flawed. Eliminate world bosses ENTIRELY and switch to world dungeons, where content is protected and instanced. "It's meant to be this way" is just as stupid of an answer as "Just deal with it".

sphyg

"We did this last night. An opposing faction was attacking NP. The dudes were flagged for PVp. So my buddy sent in there and aoe taunted to take less damage. This pulled the boss and killed him instantly, but then they all got mad and said they were reporting bla bla bla.

My thought was, don't be flagged for PVp when fighting an open world boss."

Really Sphyg...... I'll explain again what tactics your guild used to get me guild to wipe multiple times on NP. Before the raid we specifically made sure that everyone's pvp flags were turned off cause mine is always turned on. Sat there for 5 minutes and got it off. We were doing NP when your guild showed up to do it but couldn't. So your guild members decide to use this trick to get our pvp flags turned on. If say Sphyg ran out into lets say my AoE my flag gets turned on for some odd reason Bioware made it this way. Then because the healer throws out a heal to me the healer gets it and eventually the whole raid. I would be fine if you guys did it a couple of times whatever. But the constant 1-2 hour of pulling NP and causing a wipe was BS. Also waiting til we got the guy down to 19% was bs too. To be fair Sphyg didn't do any of the pulling or taunting of the boss but his guild members and an officer did. But since this is considered fair play in Swtor you better believe you'll see my guild around when yours is trying to do NP.

I have tried to duplicate what you said happened a few times with a sith buddy. It didn't happen bro.

BW should have learned their lesson from WoW. The open world bosses where people could zerg in and screw up your try were awful. I can understand them hoping to penalize 32 man ops buzzsawing it, but that same mechanic leads to griefing when the boss is open world.

From SWTOR:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your report that you were harassed by Republic players from the "Chatos Paladins" Guild where you were flagged for PvP and were interrupted with your Nightmare Pilgrim PvE event. I understand your disappointment regarding this issue on a PvE server and your advised that PvP flag were not your doing. We will investigate this issue, and take any appropriate action in accordance with our policies and procedures regarding the reported players Omniscient, sphyg and dreskord.

Please be aware that we are unable to discuss any actions taken against another player’s account, and so we will not be in any further contact with you regarding this report. We are sorry to hear that you have encountered issues during Player versus Environment (PvE) gameplay. "

Among other things I submitted to SWTOR about Sphyg and the his group. Also submitted the screen shots via email with 0 flagged persons as well as his crew coming in flagged.

TOS.EA.COM/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc

Section 11 Rules of Conduct.

- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other

area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited

to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within

an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to,

commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.

- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking,

phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of

counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

- Use and communicate exploits and/or cheats.

- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take

actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA

Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the

game.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1857

Permanent Account Suspension

This is typically reserved for players who commit repeated violations within the

game or have grossly violated the Terms of Service through their actions or

intentions. The bottom line is that we want Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ to be

a fun and safe environment for all players. Players who are unable to abide by

our rules and insist on negatively affecting other players’ enjoyment of the

game, or harming the service itself, will receive increasing levels of sanctions

that can ultimately result in Permanent Account Suspension.

Bug Exploitation

There may be times when the game has a bug in it that, if exploited, can give an

unfair advantage to a player. At BioWare we do our best to make a game that has

as few of these bugs as possible, however due to the constantly evolving nature

of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, these may crop up at times. Please refrain

from taking advantage of any mechanic in the game that gives an ‘edge’ or unfair

benefit in any way as this can result in temporary or permanent account

suspension.

Should you encounter a bug please report it by accessing the Customer Service

Help Request menu in the Star Wars: The Old Republic game client and submitting

a ticket under the Bug Report category. Please include as much information as

possible in the report to enable us to reproduce and classify the bug.

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play

of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include

excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of

sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over

so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or

quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

I am happy to say they still have my ticket open and keep asking for more details.

"Just deal with it" is a piss poor argument. Nightmare pilgrim trolling just devolves into a "no one wins" scenario. We show up and pull, Sithies attack the boss, paranoia counter goes over 16 and everyone dies. Imps pull the boss, I add on, paranoia over 16, everyone dies. Now, NO ONE, can run the boss. BUT WAIT, WE CAN JUST DEAL WITH IT. That's the same as offering no solution. It's just an endless cycle of hate, screwing one another over. How is that fun? You can't just let the other faction have it once the trolling has started, because then they'll simply do it every time to guarantee only their faction(or guild) can farm the boss. You're virtually forced into participation of pure stupidity. Is this how world bosses were meant to be done? If so, then the intention to begin with severely flawed. Eliminate world bosses ENTIRELY and switch to world dungeons, where content is protected and instanced. "It's meant to be this way" is just as stupid of an answer as "Just deal with it".

We haven't tried NP with my guild yet, but I'm kinda confused. Can someone easily make the group wipe, without the PVP flag on any of them ? If so, well... it's BS then. It's giving the ability to trolls and griefers to engorge themselves with it. Pretty stupid.

We haven't tried NP with my guild yet, but I'm kinda confused. Can someone easily make the group wipe, without the PVP flag on any of them ? If so, well... it's BS then. It's giving the ability to trolls and griefers to engorge themselves with it. Pretty stupid.

If more than 16 people attack Nightmare Pilgrim it auto-kills everyone.

So, if you have 16 people in your Op and someone else, another group (could be opposing or same faction) runs in and attacks him, auto kill. Have him to 10%? Zerg, auto die. Attempt over. Its awful game mechanics.

From SWTOR:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your report that you were harassed by Republic players from the "Chatos Paladins" Guild where you were flagged for PvP and were interrupted with your Nightmare Pilgrim PvE event. I understand your disappointment regarding this issue on a PvE server and your advised that PvP flag were not your doing. We will investigate this issue, and take any appropriate action in accordance with our policies and procedures regarding the reported players Omniscient, sphyg and dreskord.

Please be aware that we are unable to discuss any actions taken against another player’s account, and so we will not be in any further contact with you regarding this report. We are sorry to hear that you have encountered issues during Player versus Environment (PvE) gameplay. "

Among other things I submitted to SWTOR about Sphyg and the his group. Also submitted the screen shots via email with 0 flagged persons as well as his crew coming in flagged.

TOS.EA.COM/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc

Section 11 Rules of Conduct.

- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other

area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited

to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within

an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to,

commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.

- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking,

phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of

counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

- Use and communicate exploits and/or cheats.

- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take

actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA

Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the

game.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1857

Permanent Account Suspension

This is typically reserved for players who commit repeated violations within the

game or have grossly violated the Terms of Service through their actions or

intentions. The bottom line is that we want Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ to be

a fun and safe environment for all players. Players who are unable to abide by

our rules and insist on negatively affecting other players’ enjoyment of the

game, or harming the service itself, will receive increasing levels of sanctions

that can ultimately result in Permanent Account Suspension.

Bug Exploitation

There may be times when the game has a bug in it that, if exploited, can give an

unfair advantage to a player. At BioWare we do our best to make a game that has

as few of these bugs as possible, however due to the constantly evolving nature

of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, these may crop up at times. Please refrain

from taking advantage of any mechanic in the game that gives an ‘edge’ or unfair

benefit in any way as this can result in temporary or permanent account

suspension.

Should you encounter a bug please report it by accessing the Customer Service

Help Request menu in the Star Wars: The Old Republic game client and submitting

a ticket under the Bug Report category. Please include as much information as

possible in the report to enable us to reproduce and classify the bug.

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play

of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include

excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of

sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over

so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or

quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

I am happy to say they still have my ticket open and keep asking for more details.

I'm happy to report that I haven't been banned nor will I be banned. All I did was attack people flagged and talk a little trash. If I do get banned it will be another case of bioware cozying up with the winers.

If more than 16 people attack Nightmare Pilgrim it auto-kills everyone.

So, if you have 16 people in your Op and someone else, another group (could be opposing or same faction) runs in and attacks him, auto kill. Have him to 10%? Zerg, auto die. Attempt over. Its awful game mechanics.

an interesting note (bug?).

if you have more than 16 people in your raid, but only 16 fighting him, if the extra people are in semi-close proximity (like at the camp on the ledge above him), you will actually get credit for the kill.

found that out last week when we were trying to figure out who's gonna sit out, and had a couple that weren't fighting and just sitting around watching.

I'm happy to report that I haven't been banned nor will I be banned. All I did was attack people flagged and talk a little trash. If I do get banned it will be another case of bioware cozying up with the winers.

I very much doubt that anyone is going to be banned for straight up killing another player in open world enviroments. Now getting banned for constantly griefing raid groups by getting them killed over and over could be considered exploiting (exploiting a broken game mechanic) and would most likely be bannable. Something to keep in mind for those of you considering it.

I very much doubt that anyone is going to be banned for straight up killing another player in open world enviroments. Now getting banned for constantly griefing raid groups by getting them killed over and over could be considered exploiting (exploiting a broken game mechanic) and would most likely be bannable. Something to keep in mind for those of you considering it.

According to SWTOR GMs this method is totally acceptable to do.

So your honest, honest intention was just enjoying a pvp match with a couple of random players, not to cause the wipe of 16 people. Right.:rolleyes:

Edited by wainot-keel

You fill find no evidence if me attacking the boss. Attacking players fighting the boss, unless of course thu attacked me. There were about 25 sith players down there. I switched to PVp once my buddy got attacked.

Never struck the boss. Never attacked anyone while fighting a boss. Ask the dude who files the complaint. He'll tell you the same thing.