Missed legacy-bound currencies

Cassianus

Darth Malgus server, tested on the Republic character Cassi Delight, lvl 75 Jedi Shadow.

Not all legacy-bound currencies are available for any legacy character, i.e. are visible and usable. Only the Tech Fragments are shown on the "Currency" tab in the Inventory of all characters. Other currencies, like Gray Helix Components and Rakghoul DNA Canister are visible only for the character who obtained them. They have to be exchanged to tokens, tokens sent to another character and exchanged to currency again. This is not "Binds to Legacy" way contrary to description in the tooltip.

How to reproduce:

1) Get some Rakghoul DNA Tokens as a reward for Rakghoul event missions.

2) Exchange them at proper NPC, like Captain Rizos Flautply on the Republic Fleet (Cartel Bazaar) to currency.

3) Note that you got the Rakghoul DNA Canisters in the Inventory, Currency tab. They are also shown as green (avaliable to trade) in the trader's dialog, so you can buy some items.

4) Switch to another character. You will not see these Canisters on the Currency tab and will not be able to buy items from this vendor. The same is for Gray Helix Components.

Tech Fragments are shown and used properly (truly legacy-wide). All other legacy currencies should work the similar way.

(As a quickfix, before the bug is completely fixed, you can remove the "Binds to Legacy" from the tooltips).

The currency tab is currently correct. This is one of the changes that arrived with 6.0.

However, each vendor sells a binds-to-legacy token on a one-for-one basis that can be transferred to your other characters and converted on a one-for-one basis into the receiving character's inventory.

If the tokens in the mission reward have a tooltip that says that they are binds-to-legacy, it is, indeed, wrong.

There is a separate debate about whether this change was a good idea, of course, and I fall on the "no, of course it's not a good idea" side of the fence.

SteveTheCynic, it's a bugreport. I wrote it from the point of common sense, which in our case means that the items labelled as "Binds to Legacy" in the tooltip should have the same in-game behaviour without exception. Currently this principle is being violated; this should be fixed at least in two different ways (by changing the behaviour or changing the tooltips).

Whether the introduction of legacy-bound currencies was a good design decision or not, is a separate question beyond of this report. I deliberately refrained from expressing my own opinion.