Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

After playing Group Ranked tonight, healers need to be buffed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
After playing Group Ranked tonight, healers need to be buffed

Jinre_the_Jedi's Avatar


Jinre_the_Jedi
11.15.2019 , 09:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Lol Krea. Calm down. You did group ranked for the first time in 6.0. You played against 1 team. And by the looks of it you briefly changed up your comp and they didn't change up their comp.

You don't know the meta. I'm not saying this to be toxic or egotistical. It's just a fact. Most NA teams have been doing 4s for a couple nights on SF now. And while we don't know the exact hierarchy of comps and meta, we are much closer. You haven't even yet touched the classes or comps that are actually strong in 4s.
I don't take any offense to your statements. It's more so that I saw what g ranked was like on PTS and after doing a couple hours tonight, things looked the exact same with all the same issues (DPS vastly outscaling HPS 3 to 1, Sin/Jugg tank damage being vastly inferior in DPS to DPS specs). I mentioned in my post PT tank being the only viable tank, do you dispute this?

Regarding coming back to NA, I plan on probably moving my Shadow to NA, but not my Sin, though I don't think the rest of my team has Pub toons so idk. It's getting annoying moving back and forth between servers, but at least my ping would be happy with the decision to move a character to NA servers again...

Jinre_the_Jedi's Avatar


Jinre_the_Jedi
11.15.2019 , 09:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
A few notes from a long time group ranked healer main:

A) Sorceror and Operative healers are both substandard this expansion. Sorcs just donít heal enough, and operatives have always struggled with being the squishiest healer. This expansion has severely aggravated this issue, and triple tunnel healer strats against an op healer will completely demolish them. Merc heals are the strongest healer right now, as theyíre not far behind operatives in hps but are much more durable.

B) Tanks are still important in group ranked. Prior to this recent nerf to the pt setbonus for explosive fuel, Pt tanks were capable of easily pulling over 10k dps while also outputting trauma. The nerfs have definitely hurt pt tank, but tanks are still very valuable. You have to know when to drop guard and kite out of aoes in this meta, and thatís why we are so many tank players contributing nothing to their team. A good tank, however, is invaluable. None of the better teams would run serious matches without a tank.

C) Certain classes are very very strong right now. Most of the better teams on SF run at least one or more of the following specs: Lightning Sorc, Concealment Operative, Pyrotech PT, or AP PT. Other dps classes can certainly work, but these are the ones that are most prevalent in the matches going on this season.

I would really like sorcs and ops to be buffed so thereís more than one viable healer pick. Also as a side note, you came up with a conclusion as to the whole group ranked meta after 2-3 hours of playing it? You realize that thatís not a very big sample size right?
Thanks for the feedback, and like I stated to Prum, I agree that it's a small sample size, however much of this was already tested on PTS and it only took a couple hours to see that almost nothing balance-wise changed between PTS and live.

Regarding bringing tanks: is the only viable tank a Powertech tank then? Because from what I've seen, Jugg and Sin tank don't come anywhere close to the level of damage PT tank has.

Jinre_the_Jedi's Avatar


Jinre_the_Jedi
11.15.2019 , 09:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
Buff healers so u can win Ö.. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha
What?

septru's Avatar


septru
11.15.2019 , 10:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
I don't take any offense to your statements. It's more so that I saw what g ranked was like on PTS and after doing a couple hours tonight, things looked the exact same with all the same issues (DPS vastly outscaling HPS 3 to 1, Sin/Jugg tank damage being vastly inferior in DPS to DPS specs). I mentioned in my post PT tank being the only viable tank, do you dispute this?
Ya generally you can't bring two melee dps into ranked and expect the op healer to heal it all up. It doesn't work like that in 6.0 anymore. In fact most of the time u have to take double ranged or some equivalent. dps is extremely strong.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Regarding coming back to NA, I plan on probably moving my Shadow to NA, but not my Sin, though I don't think the rest of my team has Pub toons so idk. It's getting annoying moving back and forth between servers, but at least my ping would be happy with the decision to move a character to NA servers again...
I have left toons on each server. It's too difficult transferring every time. The prime NA server swaps every other 6 months or so.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
11.15.2019 , 11:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
And not this.
Everyone is happy to queue now because it's preseason. Get back to me a few weeks into season 12 when rating is on the line. If granked is still alive, I'll gladly eat my words.

Fellow-Canadian's Avatar


Fellow-Canadian
11.16.2019 , 01:20 AM | #16
You may want to take a hard look at commando healers for pvp now. The extra utility point and utility tree rearrangement has made them a lot stronger for pvp healing. They can achieve ridiculous levels of casting immunity now and with the right utilities can face tank multiple dps. The tactical that lets them cast medical probe while moving is a one item wonder for pvp.

The problem with commando healing wasn't the output, but they had to be immobile to put out the numbers and they just got shut down too easily. With 6.0 those weaknesses are gone and they are by far the tankiest healer with the most mobility.

I put up a few videos of me healing using a facetank build for pvp on my youtube channel. Might be useful for those curious how commandos are doing now.

I agree with the sentiment that 6.0 has really tilted the balance towards dps.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
11.16.2019 , 01:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
C) Certain classes are very very strong right now. Most of the better teams on SF run at least one or more of the following specs: Lightning Sorc, Concealment Operative, Pyrotech PT, or AP PT. Other dps classes can certainly work, but these are the ones that are most prevalent in the matches going on this season.
Would you say that madness sorcs is mostly useless in ranked now?

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
11.16.2019 , 02:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Thanks for the feedback, and like I stated to Prum, I agree that it's a small sample size, however much of this was already tested on PTS and it only took a couple hours to see that almost nothing balance-wise changed between PTS and live.

Regarding bringing tanks: is the only viable tank a Powertech tank then? Because from what I've seen, Jugg and Sin tank don't come anywhere close to the level of damage PT tank has.
Pt tank is the best for doing cleave damage, so cleave teams would probably run Pt even though itís the squishiest tank. Once the ED tactical comes out I think jugg will be the best tank as it already has very good damage and that tactical will give it excellent sustain as well. Sin tanks are somewhat of a rarity.

Ahwassa's Avatar


Ahwassa
11.16.2019 , 02:25 AM | #19
Yep healer balance is very off now.
Merc has the best defs, mobility and burst healing now.

Please buff the other healer classes or nerf merc healer.
Preferebly buff because nobody likes nerfs :P

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
11.16.2019 , 02:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Would you say that madness sorcs is mostly useless in ranked now?
Madness has decent damage, but itís too squishy to be playable against good players. Lightning does just as much, if not more, cleave damage and is much tankier. Thereís just no real advantage to running madness.