Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

sdom
11.14.2019 , 04:10 PM | #1
As in the title, you have broke these specs they suck now.
The sentinel burst spec isn't even bursty anymore and the sage seer spec is noticeably weaker.

You've "balanced the game for everyone" at the cost of these two classes.
That's my mains you nerfed.
Fix it or get 1 fat un-sub, for life, because these classes didn't need a nerf and you've ruined my toons.

Coming from someone 306 geared with correct stats and the new augments in place. (Maxxed)

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 04:13 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by sdom View Post
As in the title, you have broke these specs they suck now.
The sentinel burst spec isn't even bursty anymore and the sage seer spec is noticeably weaker.

You've "balanced the game for everyone" at the cost of these two classes.
That's my mains you nerfed.
Fix it or get 1 fat un-sub, for life, because these classes didn't need a nerf and you've ruined my toons.

Coming from someone 306 geared with correct stats and the new augments in place. (Maxxed)
Maras are still good. They can stealth out and heal every 30 seconds. They are a pain to pin down and kill early in rounds. They're just no longer fotm like they were throughout 5.0. You'll have to get used to it.

sdom
11.14.2019 , 04:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Maras are still good. They can stealth out and heal every 30 seconds. They are a pain to pin down and kill early in rounds. They're just no longer fotm like they were throughout 5.0. You'll have to get used to it.
Yes maras get a tactical that means they can stealth twice. Whoopty-doo.
That doesn't mean the fact that its dps has been completely nerfed so burst spec is no longer burst spec, should suddenly be acceptable. Survivability is a secondary objective. What matters most is being able to DPS as it is the classes one job in a pvp match. and this areas suffering greatly.

5.0 was perfect.
And no I don't have to get used to putting my time into a class and gearing it and making it right just for Bioware to completely destroy it. That defeats the purpose of playing the game.

It honestly sounds like you're agreeing to the nerf. which is a sure sign that you have never played a mara to a professional standard and you clearly only care about what suits you.

UltraFlashStar
11.14.2019 , 04:22 PM | #4
Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.

And 5.0 class balancing was perfect? With a select few classes and specs that were good in a Ranked scenario. Eh, might wanna re-read that.
Coppes Spacer
“Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.”

Seterade
11.14.2019 , 04:25 PM | #5
This is why you dont main fotm. shocking, its almost like fotm is guaranteed to be nerfed at some point.

also unless you play carnage, fury is not the burst spec. its the quasi burst spec. less dmg for utility effects, compare MM sniper vs engineer sniper for reference.

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 04:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sdom View Post
It honestly sounds like you're agreeing to the nerf. which is a sure sign that you have never played a mara to a professional standard and you clearly only care about what suits you.
The interesting thing is that they weren't nerfed at all. Other classes just got buffed by good tacticals/set bonuses. Maras were among the best classes in 5.0, now they're more like middle of the pack. I'm definitely ok with that.

Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
lmao, love the star wars twist.

omaan
11.14.2019 , 04:39 PM | #7
Mara supposed to be most dps doing class since it has TWO sabers, no guard, no taunts and no heal abilities. Yet it does very small dps now. I swapped to play sin right when 6.0 came out because there is no sense playing mara now. Class is dead go play sin and oper

sdom
11.14.2019 , 04:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post

And 5.0 class balancing was perfect? With a select few classes and specs that were good in a Ranked scenario. Eh, might wanna re-read that.
So lets go through what 5.0 did good.

Sentinels / Maras:
OP ASF. Ranked: Pass
Jugg/Guardian:
Solid and strong dps whos cleaves were noticeable. Most played class last season.
Highlight for tanks was the skank tank, tanks were also solid. Ranked: Pass

Sage / Sorcerer:
TK could have performed better. Dot spec was fine, healing was perfectly balanced. Ranked: Pass
Shadow / Sin:
Dps could have been better, but people good on the class did fine, dot spec was particularly good in arenas. Tanks were the most squishy of all tanks but the stealth balanced it out. Ranked: Pass

Trooper / BH:
mercs / commandos:
Strongest dcds in the game allowed the slightly lower dps numbers to even out in arenas. Nets a solid utility. also on healspec who's heals were burst heals. Solid class. Ranked: Pass

VG/PT:
Pretty squishy dps, could have used a bit more survivability but tanks were solid with great health management and cleave was absolutely lethal. Ranked: 50/50

Gunslinger / Sniper:
Solid tanky dps classes. sniper with particularly lethal aoe when engineering.
Two sets of cds were balanced in perspective with someone good at them. Ranked: Pass

Operative / Scoundrel:
The best duel spec in the game with great survivability.
Healspec also did okay in pvp but not particularly remarkable although adequate for ranked. Ranked: Pass

Conclusion:
What was 5.0 bad for? VG and PT DPS only.
Sages and Sentinels did not need nerfed.

And as you play a scoundrel coppes, yes maras were good vs scoundrels also vice versa,

Spasi
11.14.2019 , 04:43 PM | #9
I think fury is fine.What needs to be done is heavily buff carnage so that it becomes an actual burst spec not a 50k crit with 10 s. set up that by the time you complete the enemy already has you slowed, stunned, netted, castrated and so on.Carnage should have been the pvp spec to begin with. It should be carnage doing those infamous 80k crits ppl are crying about not sins. I already said that i think damage is too low this patch in another forum post especially for marauders. Its just fury is the one that doesn't suck all too much.Annihilation is worthless in pvp and carnage is a joke. If you think about it this is the fourth nerf that Carnage has received in a roll.
While i dont agree with crying that maras suck now, cause it doesn't due to fury being decent, i think the class does too little damage overall and needs buffs for pvp especially carnage and annihilation.

sdom
11.14.2019 , 04:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Mara supposed to be most dps doing class since it has TWO sabers, no guard, no taunts and no heal abilities. Yet it does very small dps now. I swapped to play sin right when 6.0 came out because there is no sense playing mara now. Class is dead go play sin and oper
I'd prefer to make them fix it, because not doing so sets a bad precedence for every class. Its not fair.