Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maul Spam BS


helpmewin's Avatar


helpmewin
11.10.2019 , 07:19 AM | #11
Actually stun - bubble in 1.7 was the worst skill i ever seen in this game. It was a cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN61qm4szNE

Here is some irony video who don't know what was that.

NogueiraA's Avatar


NogueiraA
11.10.2019 , 08:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by helpmewin View Post
Actually stun - bubble in 1.7 was the worst skill i ever seen in this game. It was a cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN61qm4szNE

Here is some irony video who don't know what was that.
I was there
Pvp was a **** show but it was fun
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Drunken-Monkey's Avatar


Drunken-Monkey
11.10.2019 , 08:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
[...]Sins mainly do the biggest hits on the opener.[...]
That's not entirely true. What do you define as "opener"? I would call the opener a timeframe of 4, or 5 seconds after entering the fight. But Sins can delay their autocrit burst several seconds at their will. The autorcrit stacks of the deathknell set last 20 seconds at least (if not longer. i don't remember the exact number, but i tested it on the pts, and they lasted generously long).

And force is not a problem, until you reset recklessness for the second time, in order to repeat the autocrit burst for the third time in a row >> testserver video

That being said: I got no problem with the deathknell set and the autocrits in general, but BW should give Maul at least a small cooldown of 3, 4, or 5 seconds, to prevent the spam.

No class in the game has that guaranteed burstpotential in just 3 gcds (not even a pyro pt under explosive fuel with the superheated fuel tactical, but that's a story for another thread).
Inkabunga - ToFN RIP

UltraFlashStar's Avatar


UltraFlashStar
11.11.2019 , 07:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Drunken-Monkey View Post
No class in the game has that guaranteed burstpotential in just 3 gcds (not even a pyro pt under explosive fuel with the superheated fuel tactical, but that's a story for another thread).
stares at Volatile Strike

For the uninitiated:
Bludgeon automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Blood Boiler and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backblast to critically hit.

Or in Imp Scum:
Veiled Strike automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Volatile Substance and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backstab to critically hit.

Basically almost half your health in 3 GCDs. The only difference is that I can actually (85% of the time) defend against i because the animation is obvious and basically every Scoundrel is running it.

I personally donít run it because I donít run meta builds in Ranked/Unranked.
Coppes Spacer
ďLet me play you a sad song on the galaxyís smallest xantha.Ē

omaan's Avatar


omaan
11.11.2019 , 08:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
stares at Volatile Strike

For the uninitiated:
Bludgeon automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Blood Boiler and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backblast to critically hit.

Or in Imp Scum:
Veiled Strike automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Volatile Substance and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backstab to critically hit.

Basically almost half your health in 3 GCDs. The only difference is that I can actually (85% of the time) defend against i because the animation is obvious and basically every Scoundrel is running it.

I personally donít run it because I donít run meta builds in Ranked/Unranked.
Guy is saying about spamming burst. Both veiled strike and volatile sub have cd whilst maul has none. Get stacks from fotm sin set, spam mauls with small voltaic strikes fillers to get duplicity buff to have nearly internal burst

Ksiphon's Avatar


Ksiphon
11.11.2019 , 08:56 AM | #16
Meta for next ranked season is clear:
Sin/Op.
Most ranked games will look like this:
A total of 6 stealthers and then 2 guys on visible classes as insta nuke cannon fodder.
BOOM!
Mostly the teams with the most stealthers will win.
Pretty predictable.
Basically the merc meta just as stealth.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
11.11.2019 , 10:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksiphon View Post
Meta for next ranked season is clear:
Sin/Op.
Most ranked games will look like this:
A total of 6 stealthers and then 2 guys on visible classes as insta nuke cannon fodder.
BOOM!
Mostly the teams with the most stealthers will win.
Pretty predictable.
Basically the merc meta just as stealth.
From what I've seen so far, you're not wrong. There are other classes that are in pretty decent shape, but it certainly seems like ops and sins are the furthest ahead.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
11.11.2019 , 02:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksiphon View Post
Meta for next ranked season is clear:
Sin/Op.
Most ranked games will look like this:
A total of 6 stealthers and then 2 guys on visible classes as insta nuke cannon fodder.
BOOM!
Mostly the teams with the most stealthers will win.
Pretty predictable.
Basically the merc meta just as stealth.
Pfft... jugg life is thug life

Ayushman's Avatar


Ayushman
11.11.2019 , 08:54 PM | #19
heh... just wait and see how 2 or 3 sorcs melt your jugg/mara now... with their focused lighnings...
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

Drunken-Monkey's Avatar


Drunken-Monkey
11.12.2019 , 02:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
stares at Volatile Strike

For the uninitiated:
Bludgeon automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Blood Boiler and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backblast to critically hit.

Or in Imp Scum:
Veiled Strike automatically critically hits targets affected by your unexploded Volatile Substance and triggers it immediately. Dealing damage this way causes your next Backstab to critically hit.

Basically almost half your health in 3 GCDs. The only difference is that I can actually (85% of the time) defend against i because the animation is obvious and basically every Scoundrel is running it.

I personally donít run it because I donít run meta builds in Ranked/Unranked.
If you really believe, the volatile substance>veiled strike>backstab combo does the same dmg, as the triple autocrit maul spam (even IF volatile substance crits, which is not garuanteed, in case you happen to forget), you're ridiculous bad at math, or straight out ignorant.

Feel free, to upload a small video, to proof your point...

The autocrit maul is fine, but it needs a small cd. The spam is the problem, not the dmg in general. Beyond that, sins are kinda balanced, even still a little bit too weak defensive wise (especially hatred, but that's a topic for another thread).
Inkabunga - ToFN RIP