Impatient People and Bad Behavior

DarthEnrique

This game is becoming more toxic since the server merge, was pulled into the middle of a master mode flashpoint of Directive 7 and while all I was doing was scavenging the droids I was kicked from the group and the reason given was “Jew” and all three kicked me. For scavenging! What the heck? The reasoning was highly inappropriate too to post “Jew”, that seems very discriminatory to me. I put in a ticket and took a screenshot of the chat (as it shows the reasoning given) and gave time and server and names but this is highly ridiculous. Should I send the screenshot to someone or what? Not really sure what to do with it.

Add-on:

Here’s a detailed account of the inteaction: Me just dropped in, it was in the middle of a battle with the three droids, they get defeated I start scavenging, one of the players starts complaining and telling me to click on the droid to start the conversation, another person it appears comes to my defense and say “He’s scavenging. Just let him scavenge.” I post “Lol Thank you!” and the person is still complaining about something to do with “another” and conversation with the droid begins, next battle happens I start scavenging and the next thing I am kicked and reason given is “Jew” and I say “What the h***?” and I am kicked from the group.
Edited by DarthEnrique

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing anyone on here can do about it.

If you still hope for something to be done. You need to send the screenshot along with the names and whatever else you have to bioware. Thats the only thing you can do if you want something done.

Edited by Quraswren

First off I am NOT condoning what they did but I'll play devil's advocate here and say this--it's Directive 7. There's somewhere in the neighborhood of a billion droids in it. The flashpoint IS droids. Most people are in a hurry when they get in a FP and they were prob mad waiting on you scavenging dozens and dozens of droids. Did you indicate to them at the start of the FP you would be doing that?

Also, I'm willing to bet only the vote-kick initiator knew it said "Jew". If there was some internal dialogue going on among them (often is) in whisper/discord/whatever sure, they might have all said "Let's kick this guy". But that doesn't mean they all knew the initiator would write "Jew" in it nor did they ever notice it. Happened plenty of times to me. Someone needs to be kicked, maybe some of us discuss it, someone throws up a kick vote--I never read why. If you need to be kicked I click the check. Point is: don't lump the entire group into it because of one individual.

While what was posted in the reason to kick was not appropriate, and had I read that as the reason I would have voted 'no' to a kick, if you been scavenging all the droids in D7 with me in a MM FP, and someone put up a vote to kick for wasting our time, I would have clicked 'yes'. Edited by DawnAskham

Personally I would have given a few moments after each battle to recuperate and scavenge. I would probably just scavenge alongside you, plenty of droids and it makes scavenging go faster. If I felt I didn't have the time I would likely not have joined the queue to begin with, or if happening to drop in one of the longer FPs I would try to talk and make you understand a possible time constraint.

I tend to just let the vote expire if people can't take 10 seconds to give a real reason.

That said, I did notice a worsening in behavior post merge. The stereotype Moronic Marauders have returned, it used to be 99% of all Marauders was one, the kind that ran into bosses at 1% health ahead of the tank, assuming the healer keeps them at full health while they are at zero resources from trying to keep people alive. Now they are back and it's not just Marauders anymore, even if Marauders are still #1. That is how impatient people are, and it's way beyond not knowing your class because of face-roll mode.

Personally I would have given a few moments after each battle to recuperate and scavenge. I would probably just scavenge alongside you, plenty of droids and it makes scavenging go faster. If I felt I didn't have the time I would likely not have joined the queue to begin with, or if happening to drop in one of the longer FPs I would try to talk and make you understand a possible time constraint.

I tend to just let the vote expire if people can't take 10 seconds to give a real reason.

That said, I did notice a worsening in behavior post merge. The stereotype Moronic Marauders have returned, it used to be 99% of all Marauders was one, the kind that ran into bosses at 1% health ahead of the tank, assuming the healer keeps them at full health while they are at zero resources from trying to keep people alive. Now they are back and it's not just Marauders anymore, even if Marauders are still #1. That is how impatient people are, and it's way beyond not knowing your class because of face-roll mode.

Yeah I have never understood why people rush flashpoints, especially veteran when the likelihood of getting a healer is slim and no one wants to give you a minute to heal up before just running to the next boss/mob and pulling, it’s like “Hey there’s no healer. Heal up!” Nope just rush rush rush, :rolleyes:

Yeah I have never understood why people rush flashpoints, especially veteran when the likelihood of getting a healer is slim and no one wants to give you a minute to heal up before just running to the next boss/mob and pulling, it’s like “Hey there’s no healer. Heal up!” Nope just rush rush rush, :rolleyes:

It's all about CXP/minute. People have to run those FPs 10-20 times a night just to get enough crates to get one decent item out of em. Exciting right?

Wow... just wow.

I'm glad no-one has ever tried to kick me for harvesting the dead droids... though most times I get D7, I'm having to share them ;)

But yeah, sounds like an over-reaction, and I don't get why they even put "Jew" as the reason... what does that even mean? Are you Jewish? Do they even know either way? I just... I don't get it.

This game is becoming more toxic since the server merge, was pulled into the middle of a master mode flashpoint of Directive 7 and while all I was doing was scavenging the droids I was kicked from the group and the reason given was “Jew” and all three kicked me. For scavenging! What the heck? The reasoning was highly inappropriate too to post “Jew”, that seems very discriminatory to me. I put in a ticket and took a screenshot of the chat (as it shows the reasoning given) and gave time and server and names but this is highly ridiculous. Should I send the screenshot to someone or what? Not really sure what to do with it.

Obviously, these people came to grind CXP. That's why they always hurry. They do not care about teammates. I'm sorry that you had to go through this. Today random groups are the best way to meet arrogance and rudeness, unfortunately.

My favorite thing in the world is clearly being the highest dps and pulling all the aggro but people pulling before I can heal up. Because, you know, I love dying and stuff when I inevitably pull everything. Had a level 25ish "tank" doing that yesterday. Prob didn't even have all of his gear. Had a group pull a bunch of mobs with me at around 10% yesterday. I just stood there and watched. I'm not getting a repair bill because you can't wait 10 seconds for me to get HP.

Wow... just wow.

I'm glad no-one has ever tried to kick me for harvesting the dead droids... though most times I get D7, I'm having to share them ;)

But yeah, sounds like an over-reaction, and I don't get why they even put "Jew" as the reason... what does that even mean? Are you Jewish? Do they even know either way? I just... I don't get it.

It definitely was an over reaction and no idea where the “Jew” part came from. No I am not Jewish, but that’s still inappropriate to put as a reason to kick someone. So I am with you, I don’t get it either...

Obviously, these people came to grind CXP. That's why they always hurry. They do not care about teammates. I'm sorry that you had to go through this. Today random groups are the best way to meet arrogance and rudeness, unfortunately.

That’s for sure.

My favorite thing in the world is clearly being the highest dps and pulling all the aggro but people pulling before I can heal up. Because, you know, I love dying and stuff when I inevitably pull everything. Had a level 25ish "tank" doing that yesterday. Prob didn't even have all of his gear. Had a group pull a bunch of mobs with me at around 10% yesterday. I just stood there and watched. I'm not getting a repair bill because you can't wait 10 seconds for me to get HP.

Preach it!

First off I am NOT condoning what they did but I'll play devil's advocate here and say this--it's Directive 7. There's somewhere in the neighborhood of a billion droids in it. The flashpoint IS droids. Most people are in a hurry when they get in a FP and they were prob mad waiting on you scavenging dozens and dozens of droids. Did you indicate to them at the start of the FP you would be doing that?

Also, I'm willing to bet only the vote-kick initiator knew it said "Jew". If there was some internal dialogue going on among them (often is) in whisper/discord/whatever sure, they might have all said "Let's kick this guy". But that doesn't mean they all knew the initiator would write "Jew" in it nor did they ever notice it. Happened plenty of times to me. Someone needs to be kicked, maybe some of us discuss it, someone throws up a kick vote--I never read why. If you need to be kicked I click the check. Point is: don't lump the entire group into it because of one individual.

You pretty much summed it up, he was taking his sweet time scavenging droid instead of playing the objective and completing the mission and they kicked him for being off task (scavenging). The reason listed is obviously BS and unacceptable but I understand why they would kick someone holding the group back. When I run a raid on my biochem toon and we kill animals, I'll scavenge one or two while the group is standing there and when they move I move whether or not I was finished in order to not hold the group back, it doesn't sound like the OP was doing this.

It's another symptom of why GC is terrible.

People did the same thing demanding space baring and not dawdling pre-5.0 before when they farmed XP, specific gear sets, item drops, achievement hunting etc. GC didn't start people running the same FPs over and over again and wanting to be efficient about it, it's been like this since launch.

People did the same thing demanding space baring and not dawdling pre-5.0 before when they farmed XP, specific gear sets, item drops, achievement hunting etc. GC didn't start people running the same FPs over and over again and wanting to be efficient about it, it's been like this since launch.
That doesn't mean that GC isn't the current cause for speed runs.

It's a rather crappy reason to give. But I can't say I blame them for it, you were kinda wasting their time by scavenging, why not just do the FP on solo and scavenge on your own time?

People like you are the reason why other people leave. What a rotten attitude.

There was definitely bad behavior. The person who trotted out an anti-Semitic remark during the vote kick was 100% in the wrong for saying it, and there is no excuse for that sort of toxic behavior among the players.

I'd have to disagree however that the group was impatient. In fact had they not opted to insult you they wouldn't have done anything wrong as the vote kick itself was justified, if not in the way in which was delivered. Group flashpoints are not the time and place to be stopping to scavenge from every dead droid, and in Directive 7 there is a ton. If you want to scavenge the droids from Directive 7 you should be running it in solo mode rather than in a group. If I was in that group I would politely asked you to stop and if you had continued, I would have initiated a vote kick as well.

Having said that, hopefully you reported the person who trotted out the insult. He deserves a time out.