No Deserter debuff is making Warzones more and more frustrating

Libertine

seriously...why is there no deserter debuff ?

Right now if theres even the slightest that our team my loose at least 2 people leave which makes it impossible to actually in the thing in the end considering it takes anywhere between 1-2min. until the replacements are actually in...

I really dont understand the reasoning why you let people get away with this ... just doesnt make sense...

deserter debuff plz, cant join WZ's for 10-20-30 mins whatever, lose valor, have some sort of coward debuff, its so annoying to

A) see ppl leave a WZ because we are losing and they dont want too put in some hard graft too turn around the match

or

B) join a losing too team because some coward has ducked out

Edited by Gorrillazz

I so quiter person, reason i *********** sick of Premades.

I have 3 warfronts to do, and i like to do it in reasonable time.

one and half hours is already freaking long to complete the 3 daily's

i not have any more time then 2 hours tops.

so if a team is lossing i gonner, or i just go AFK, in windows mode is quit relaxed.

dont blame the gamer, blame Bioware for their **** design.

so if a team is lossing i gonner, or i just go AFK, in windows mode is quit relaxed.

I no English. I bhuy game so I can play wit myselve. You no win warfront in 10 second, I goner! Premade? Why, no uder game have premade in PvP! I am vury bizy and canot comit to an hour of play wit loser.

TL;Didn't Understand: I hate you

I agree with teh debuff needing to be put in, but before that they need to fix the debuff they give for being in the spawn point. Multiple times I have joined a game late, and since you toon is already in the WZ before you have finished loading the Debuff starts and some times i cant A: load the game before debuff kicks me ( i know my fault for a subpar comp but i still play the game fine so ill stick with ti) or B: you load the game and you get a full door respawn time and you get kicked because you couldnt get out in time.

fscking "gimme gimme gimme" generation...

god forbid you actually have to put in effort to achieve something ...

If you got credit for every WZ win and were able to finish the daily/weekly quests in a reasonable time then you probably wouldn't have so many deserters. I just did almost 4 hours of WZs before I finally got a win... and the *********** game didn't give me credit. My new policy to to quit any WZ as soon as it looks like a loss.

There are two possibilities here that I can see:

1. They leave it how it is and players leave whenever they want.

2. They add a deserter debuff and players now find creative ways/places to be AFK all match.

I'd prefer the former.

I'll have a number 35 please, with extra chili.

People need to understand the cause -> effect scenario.

Adding a debuff, will just further put players off the game. The PvP in this game is laughable at best, joining a warzone, full of player's who aren't geared out versus a team of battlemasters and we just get slaughtered, I'd rather not waste my time.

Join a match and players just farm medals, no thanks.

Join a match and players are AFK with no way of removing them, no thanks.

I want to get my Daily done asap in the time I have. Any spare time after that, I don't care either way. But the ammount of time, when people don't have the faintest idea on what to do, or just run around farming medals without caring of the objectives, I refuse to stay.

Allow me to join Warzones with a full 8man ops group, of players who I know what to play then I probably wouldn't leave ;).

But a deserter debuff goes in, I probably wouldn't bother playing, because of the reasons above. I'm at the point, where I can either log it, or not and I don't feel I'm missing out on anything....

If they add a deserter debuff you'll just see more afkers.

Half of the reason people quit is because of the daily/weekly. You'll get 9 wins a lot faster joining/leaving than just staying and playing 18+ games.

And Battlemasters don't even need warzone commendations, only wins. So if they're hunting after gear there's no reason for them to stay in a game where they're going to lose.

fscking "gimme gimme gimme" generation...

god forbid you actually have to put in effort to achieve something ...

this a product delivering entertainment.

I not putting effort in a product supoce to delivering entertaining to me.

Once they have enough people to bracket the valor, they can add a deserter debuff.

Valor bracketing for those that may not understand: You are placed into a bracket based off your current valor level. (Not meant to be insulting, it's not a "technical term" yet, just an idea).

Ex. Valor levels 0-14 fight each other, then 15-29, etc...

Once they bracket the valor ranks, it wont be as bad with battlemasters fighting battlemasters, and entry level PvP players fighting entry level.

This is an alternative to level bracketing.

Yes this game needs a quitter debuff immediately pls. 15 minutes is what we had in Warhammer and it sure fixed most of the Scenario imbalances. Where is your honor? Fight on, be proud, work together, and you can have a come from behind victory that will make you proud.

I don't like those that always leave. But I also don't like those who give up and stealth afk not helping either. If you stay in the warzone trying to afk, then I will do everything I can to get you killed... pull you into a fight, have enemy chase me to your location so they can kill you... whatever I can.

There are two possibilities here that I can see:

1. They leave it how it is and players leave whenever they want.

2. They add a deserter debuff and players now find creative ways/places to be AFK all match.

I'd prefer the former.

1. Do not even think about it. Those weeping players will start using it as common thing, they already using it as common strategy!!! :mad:, and all WZ experience will go to the deepest hell. They are using all other decent players as their hostages in open war against developers! How ridiculous! This behaviour is acceptable for small spoiled kids when they try to push their parents to buy something! Not acceptable for real MMOG players! Developers need reasonable discussion, pros and cons, not threats and fighting with part of their own "customers"!

2. No, if they do it by reasonable and intelligent way, this will not happen. This behaviour cannot be allowed. In addition, please enlighten me, how do you want to bypass/hide rage-quitting punishment/behavior. I am really curious :D . TheAFK is not good solution too. It can be detected, flaged and punished too.

Edited by WmongerCZ

I'd like a deserter debuff and a report player "AFK" option (similar to WoW). While it wouldn't stop abuse it would certainly cut it down a bit.

People do leave far too quickly. Fall just a bit behind and they start deserting. I PvP a lot and have never left a WZ before completion. You still get valor, credits, xp, etc.

A number, probably in the 25-30% or so range, where people leave we still win. My favorite was a Civil War match my team won. When I pulled up just the allies list at the end there were over 25 people listed. Most of the deserters left in the first 5 minutes or so when we were a bit behind.

I've seen people enter a WZ, wait until it starts, then leave. You should at the least be prevented from entering another WZ until the one you left is completed.

Why should someone be penalized for leaving a game full of afkers or otherwise crappy teammates? It's a waste of everyone's time, and nobody has a lot of it to begin with.

Fail thread.

Edited by -Fenix

If they add a deserter debuff you'll just see more afkers.

Half of the reason people quit is because of the daily/weekly. You'll get 9 wins a lot faster joining/leaving than just staying and playing 18+ games.

And Battlemasters don't even need warzone commendations, only wins. So if they're hunting after gear there's no reason for them to stay in a game where they're going to lose.

This is part of it, and I'll add that another reason is some people simply can not stand being put on a team full of people who refuse to play the objectives.

Seriously, how hard is it to understand what the objectives are?

What annoys me to no end when trying to complete a daily...

Hutt Ball it tells you the rules right before it starts, So get the Ball and get it across the goal... Why should it be that once you take down a ball carrier you get jumped by 5 of the other teams folks, and no one from your team is near by, why is it taking 5-7 of them to kill the 2 unaccounted for folks on the other team?

Civil War, getting stuck with a bunch of folks who do not guard the turrents, or once one is captured they think 6 of them need to hang out there to guard it and soak up defender points...

Voidstar, When a bomb get planted while defending and all your team mates run to the opposite door.

You know, I can accept those things happening once or twice a match, but when it consistently happens it's apparent they are there just to PvP not Win. At that point it becomes a simple matter of those other players who just want to "PvP" wasting my time while I'm trying to complete my daily, I joined the War Zone with an objective and a goal, you didn't why should I continue in a War Zone where you don't care about winning it? Why spend 15 minutes in a War Zone with a team that can't play to objectives when leaving and re-queuing means I'll get into another War Zone with a different team and quite possibly have success?

I'll freely admit I'm not the greatest PvP Player, but I do go out and give an effort and try to play to the objectives it's much more rewarding in the end, what I can't bring myself to do is spend 90% of my available play time trying to complete one Daily Mission. Seriously I don't mind staying a losing war zone if everyone is working together and trying to win, but once the team gets the "We're gonna lose lets just PvP" attitude going, it's simply not worth my time.

Edited by Quantum

I think part of the issue with that, Quantum, is that defending objectives doesn't really net many medals. If commendations are your PvP gearing EXP basically, getting stuck defending a turret on Alderaan sucks unless you just want to be half-afk.

Defending a turret I'll get 2-5 medals. Running all over the place I'll get 9-11.

Edited by savionen

I understand both sides of the argument to be honest. And I think it is important that people think on this.

1. There are a lot of warzones you can load into where even having a premade of four does not help you because the other people in your group are either intentionally not participating in the relevant fight because they are not watching objectives, or through incompetence don't even understand the objectives.

OR

2. The opposing team pretty clearly has everyone organized (and likely in voice chat) and yours does not.

OR

3. You get stuck with a group full of really low level people in your group and get ROFLstomped because of it.

None of these things will be overcome just because a couple of people are forced to stay in your group. The WZs feel really long when they just turn into farm fests for the opposing team. And there is a recognizable point when it is extremely clear your team is not going to win.

Rather then focusing on deserters, they need to fix these issues in PVP so that people are still having fun even if they are losing.

I think after a few matches witnessing babboon teammates getting steamrolled by premades your disdain threshhold achieved the maximum and you cannot be bothered wasting your time with a setup like that.

- At beginning of match see enemies effortlessy cap turrets -> leave warzone

- Enemy team gets ball, easily kills your whole team going in one by one into the angry mob of death, then they kill everyone on your defense zone while they score -> leave warzone

- Enter a match that is already lost -> leave warzone

Especially the last bit is bad, it is essentially passing along the turd which makes solo queueing hell.

Well if people leave a lot there's some reason for it. Maybe Bioware should look at for example World of Tanks feels more fair despite also being based on levels of "gear" and come up with something similar. It's not perfect but it's better.