KDY, stopping Master Khoris blue circles?

Hi folks,

I have spent ages at KDY, using it as my main method of leveling, however I have only just noticed something with master Khoris, want to check it out

I was with an entirely melee group, had master Khoris as a boss. the first bit of the fight went as normal, however the last section (where he gets to 25%, grows bigger and goes into what i call "super mode") i noticed he did not pop the blue circles under peoples feet, until one person ran off to kolto, then he did. As soon as we all came back to melee him he stopped again.

Basically the theory is, if EVERYONE in the group (including ranged classes) stands close to Khoris (3-4m) during his super mode he doesnt pop bule circles under people.

The issue I have is convincing the groups i get to test this theory, Therefore i wrote this thread asking for help. If you play KDY as imperials, and u happen to get master Khoris could you also test this theory and post on here about whether u found it works, or prehaps the 3 times its happened to me was just coincidence.

Thanks for your help, if this works we can make Khoris just as easy as Modo (the rep version, who doesnt pop circles once he goes into super mode).

P.S. look at post #4, hilarious. Some bloke complaining about noobs while he himself has a "use my referral link" signature.

Edited by BobFredJohn

All ready did this since the beginning. The Blue circles won't come if you stack. Hence why i'm often getting annoyed bythose pesky pugs who keep running away when I say to stack up in the last phase.

While we are at it. Please also tank the boss towards a wall so he knockbacks you to a fixed spot instead of a ragdoll who gets tossed around the room :p

All ready did this since the beginning. The Blue circles won't come if you stack. Hence why i'm often getting annoyed bythose pesky pugs who keep running away when I say to stack up in the last phase.

While we are at it. Please also tank the boss towards a wall so he knockbacks you to a fixed spot instead of a ragdoll who gets tossed around the room :p

Depending on the group, it can get challenging tanking against the walls with a melee heavy group (though that is where I tank him).

I get the melee that instead of attacking the boss from behind and moving away from the boss when he drops the circles, will stand on top of me attacking from the front and / or run on top of me when moving from circles, ending up with the area close to the wall covered in circles and me unable to just strafe left / right to avoid.

Also, the I think the Rep version is bugged in that the Sith boss doesn't seem to drop the circles in the last phase ever, regardless of whether the group stacks or not.

So some of the issue may be players who have been running it on the Rep side, though even without the circles, it is much quicker and easier to stack instead of chasing the boss all over the room.

Edited by DawnAskham

Yes, stacking prevents all the annoying mechanics in the last phase.

Good luck getting people to do that though.

I have only done the Republic version, and have always seen him do mechanics, except for the one time where a group stacked. Of course, if you get 3/4 stacked, it's possible to get lucky and hardly see anything.

Edited by shadowflit

No. I kite back and forth between the Koltos, so when he does the knockback, he'll knock me back into it and I can activate it at the appropriate time. It pisses me off when other people use MY koltos.

And the circles still spawn if all are on top of him. He just does them so randomly that it might seem that he doesn't. Phase 2 i'll usually tell everyone to stack on a kolto, and half the time they do. Still circles.