Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Episode IX trailer is trash and here's you should get off hype train and boycott it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Episode IX trailer is trash and here's you should get off hype train and boycott it

Collec
04.16.2019 , 06:41 AM | #1
You hear Luke talking about, how they passed on all knowledge (lol lol lol) to Rey and she still can't make her own lightsaber. She just uses some saber-clip to have Anakin's lightsaber whole again.

They show off Kylo killing some random dude in most idiotic way with lightsaber, trying to make him look cool..but he got rekt vs Rey 2x with no training in span of less than 10h. And then people freak out about helmet, like that helmet is something we should care about.

Lastly it's like "let the past die" thing , but let's bring everyone back because their movies suck and let's profit on nostalgie and **** all over SW. Why are people excited about Palpatine. First it'll ruin his character like it did every other old one. 2nd it's ruins Anakin's redemption. 3rd NO ONE WILL EVER FKING DIE. Get thrown down into reactor and be blown apart with whole fking Death Star...no just walk away from it. Trash Phasma never dies...so why would Palpatine,right?

Title is crap and just bait to get people into cinemas. And here's the kicker...watch this video on YouTube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlvxnJuq7KI (all the way back in 2012 !!!!)

Send them a message and boycott this turd. And let them buy tickets,like they did for Captain Marvel. Watch Clone Wars when they come out and give Mandalorian a chance, but wait till episode IX is on net do dl or till it hits tv. You won't miss much and since money is all they care about, MAKE episode IX WORST box office bomb in history of SW !!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

KainrycKarr
04.16.2019 , 05:10 PM | #2
Cool story. Good luck with your boycott lmao
Kain'ryk Karr - Level 60 Powertech<Clan Adenn>

MadDutchman
04.16.2019 , 06:29 PM | #3
feel better?

I recommend deep breaths.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Paulsutherland
04.16.2019 , 06:57 PM | #4
It's not that bad. I do question the logic of the Tie pilot using his figher to ram Rey though.

EvanSnowWolf
04.16.2019 , 09:38 PM | #5
I absolutely love the "Palpatine can't be alive!" cries from people that support Darth Maul being cut in half and dropped down a tube and somehow still surviving.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

that_Spartan_IV
04.17.2019 , 12:46 AM | #6
Star Wars was permanently damaged when The Force Awakens came out. Why are we still on any sort of hype train at all?
"Two there should be, no more, no less."

Collec
04.17.2019 , 04:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EvanSnowWolf View Post
I absolutely love the "Palpatine can't be alive!" cries from people that support Darth Maul being cut in half and dropped down a tube and somehow still surviving.
I hated Maul being alive. Same with bringing back Malgus and Revan (skipped whole expansion Shadow of Revan when it came out).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

MadDutchman
04.18.2019 , 04:39 PM | #8
What I don't get about this is, why do people assume he even is alive? Especially considering most of the trailer was narrated by a disembodied spirit...

It's not like it unprecedented in Star Wars lore.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

OBBSWG
04.18.2019 , 09:53 PM | #9
lol fair point...although I think people really wanted Maul to be alive because he was, for most fans (esp. those trying like hell to find value in Episode I ) a really intriguing and visually striking character that was more or less wasted in the movie (he killed Qui-Gon and...that's it). Meanwhile, Palpatine had a good arc through both the OT and PT, being the driving force behind major plot points and probably the best-written character in the PT, and we got to see plenty of him, so bringing him back doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than as nostalgia bait.
Plus, as mentioned earlier in the thread, respawning Palps undermines the significance of Vader's redemption in RotJ. IMHO it was a terrible idea in Dark Empire (among several others...god I hated Dark Empire) and hasn't gotten better with age, except as a ploy to lure back middle-aged dudes who saw the OT in theaters and want to feel like teens again.

FlameYOL
04.19.2019 , 10:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OBBSWG View Post
Plus, as mentioned earlier in the thread, respawning Palps undermines the significance of Vader's redemption in RotJ. IMHO it was a terrible idea in Dark Empire (among several others...god I hated Dark Empire) and hasn't gotten better with age, except as a ploy to lure back middle-aged dudes who saw the OT in theaters and want to feel like teens again.
How so? Vader sacrificed himself for his son to be alive, without that sacrifice Luke would've been killed. The rebelllion would've lost due to Sidious' sith battle meditation and unless somehow Leia managed to become a Jedi and defeat the Emperor, and kill or redeem her father the galaxy would've been thrown in darkness as opposed to slowly turn to the light. Vader's sacrifice was what allowed the New Republic to even exist, and the New Jedi Order to rise thanks to Luke. I'd say his sacrifice is still very important.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything