Bioware's Plans for Operatives

Yagabage

"There is a joke among real concealments: "Those who can play concealment played concealment from the start. The rest are Heal spec'd."

I created an operative back in July and specced concealment. I have been doing fine in pvp, but if what you guys say is true about operatives back before the big nerf, I am pretty sure that I would be almost unstoppable.

Everyone knows, DPS Ops need attention. Concealment dmg buff and Lethality complete rework.

I made statistics - been watching Ops in 100 PuG warzones. 0 (zero) Lethality and 14 concealment Ops. I made thread about it on PVP forum and got trolled by people, that never played the class, only they are butthurt (because ops killed them once..)

You know what is sad true? Mercs already got attention of BW devs - because there is simply more of them, so they are louder on forums. Good for them, they need it. But Lethality is in PVP is even worse that Arsenal Merc.

Thing is, because noone play DPS Ops these days, BW deploy those 3 devs left on F2P shop, as there is bigger impact on them an not fixing some Lethality tree, where there is specced like 10ppl out of 1000.

We're not going to get attention any soon, i'm afraid.

I already switched my 'main' to Juggernaut after playing Lethality almost year exclusively. I simply gave up hope. I cheers anyone who still play it as main char.

It's not that there's no reason to play DPS operative, its mainly due to other classes can do it better, and easier as well. If you cant even outdps marauder on a dummy (equal gear and skilled you will never ever touch marauders dps btw) the difference will be even greater in operations. Reason is simple your uptime will be lower, and you are a melee dps without a real gap closer on super short cooldown like force charge, and depending on mechanics where you cant connect your TA can expire and drop off because its only up for such a short time.

Similarly to arsenal merc, they have 30m effective range, extremely easy rotation, and naturally higher dps than you do as a dps operative. (yes even if you execute a perfect rotation AND assuming you would have 100% uptime).

In short, in PvE, ALL CLASSES (unless the player is stupid and fail) can easily out DPS you. In PvP, other than healing (which you said you want to DPS) Assassins can do everything you do but better,

Sins provide great group utilities, one of the best 1v1 classes as well, can taunt and AoE taunt, have much more survivability than you ever will, with some setup they also out burst you, they have real gap closer on short CD like force speed so they are even more mobile than you do, and every minute they can extend their force lightning (one of their most damaging attacks) to 30m up to 3 shots, if they take madness they have a hard hitting 30m aoe they can use as well on a very short CD. They also have passive self heal in 2 of their trees which happens "automatically" (no lolcasting) while they are DPSing, lastly you got no force shroud nuff said.

Oh and some noob sins will tell you you can heal as DPS operative (as an attempt to justify their prowess over operatives), which is true, but your heals are extremely laughable without "enough" points in medicine tree.

My advise to you is play whatever you like and dont listen to what others have to say. If you get kicked by the Ops leader just get use to it, life on an operative DPS is rough, theres a reason why they are the absolutely least desired DPS AC in the entire game PvP and PvE (at least merc/commando excel in PvE dps).

Wow. This has been quite the read. Back at launch all anyone ever talked about was how Ops just wrecked shop in pvp. I don't really don't mind not being top bill on dps I'm past that stage of my gaming career. So far the story is cool as well.

I played a Merc BH and a Sage Consular at launch.

Wow. This has been quite the read. Back at launch all anyone ever talked about was how Ops just wrecked shop in pvp. I don't really don't mind not being top bill on dps I'm past that stage of my gaming career. So far the story is cool as well.

I played a Merc BH and a Sage Consular at launch.

While smash spec got unnoticed when it was doing the same damage numbers.

Now people have twice the hp pools they had at launch.... and every class got a damage boost except concealments/scrappers.

OUR damage simply doesn't account for the increase in gear and hp pools.

We SHOULD be doing 6-8k's on HS now just like every other class because a skilled player knows not to wig balls about it... oh wait... never mind that's what they are doing now with smash specs.

Forget I said anything carry on.

Cwatididther?

The mentality of the community hasn't changed in 11 months. Instead of learning to play their class, they prefer to nerf a class because BW made the unfortunate mistake of announcing how overpowered smash spec has been since launch.

Do I feel smash spec needs a nerf. No I do not... Why? Because then I'd be a *********** hypocrit like everyone else.

Give concealments/scrappers our pre 1.2 damage numbers back and bubble sorcs can keep their retardedly overpowered stun skill.

Mercs have no say in the matter at this point, since BW already stated they will be the new FOTM when they get more escapes. Which results in an unforseen nerf to concealments/scrappers because WE don't have gap closers like all other melee classes in the game.

And having stealth is not an excuse for the absence of a gap closer... Assassins and Shadows are a prime example of that arguement being pointless.

Edited by Ahebish