Have sentinels become more tanky???

Dayshadow

I guess it really depends on how well you understand your defensive Cooldowns. Sentinels/Marauders have one of the best defensive CD's in the game generally for all specs, and some more specific to other specs. The class by itself is generally one of the squishiest classes in the game if played by one who doesnt fully understand how best to manage CD's, not to mention your a pure dps and melee ranged class.

It's understandable to give a melee dps class a better advantage to CD's to insure better survival, without being too tanky. The class itself if played properly is a force to be reckoned with, but at the same time is limited if pressured by more than one person if were talking PvP. for PvE they now have several methods after 5.0+ to provide survivability in sticky situations like blade blitz (sentinel) and utilize the utility point that gives pacify not only 90% accuracy reduction when used on people, but also 75% damage reduction for 6 seconds which when paired with rebuke is nearly equivalent to a guarded by the force, if a little less in effective protection. Again the class has no self heals aside from minor ones from watchmen, so this is understandable.

Recently it feels like they are as tanky as a jugg. I see them taking on multiple people WITHOUT cooldowns and still doing insane DPS with no healer in sight. Or have they removed the animation/identifier for the defensives?

They are actually tankier than a dps jugg.

Recently it feels like they are as tanky as a jugg. I see them taking on multiple people WITHOUT cooldowns and still doing insane DPS with no healer in sight. Or have they removed the animation/identifier for the defensives?

Those multiple people must be absolute garbage at the game. Even a marauder who knows how to cycle DCDs correctly in tune with burst shouldn't be able to 2v1 if the 2 know what they're doing.