Comic Characters (very minor spoilers)

atalis

You're kind of framing this in the wrong direction. The webcomics would have been written after the involvement of such characters in the game was written, so they aren't "remembered" from the webcomics so much as BioWare wanted to flesh out the time period and backstory by using certain NPCs from the game.

But, yes, it's cool. BioWare has been doing a pretty good job at expanding their game stories into other works for a little while now. I've also enjoyed the Mass Effect and Dragon Age novels. I've only read one of the ME comics series but I enjoyed that one as well.

As much as I hate what BioWare did to his model, Master Arca Jeth from the Tales of the Jedi comics appears in the game, though you wouldn't recognize him. Apparently they changed his race from Arkanian/Sephi to Human in the game, he looks almost nothing like his official artwork.

Still, its nice to acknowledge one of the wisest masters in Jedi history.

You're kind of framing this in the wrong direction. The webcomics would have been written after the involvement of such characters in the game was written, so they aren't "remembered" from the webcomics so much as BioWare wanted to flesh out the time period and backstory by using certain NPCs from the game.

But, yes, it's cool. BioWare has been doing a pretty good job at expanding their game stories into other works for a little while now. I've also enjoyed the Mass Effect and Dragon Age novels. I've only read one of the ME comics series but I enjoyed that one as well.

Actually, the comics take place BEFORE the game timeline was. I mean, he had to be Teneb Kel first before being Darth Thanaton in the game.

What he meant was that the storyline/setting for the game was already written before the comics came out. Indeed, it was probably the first thing fully developed during the game's development period. The comics grew out of this and, being on a much shorter creation period, were released first to add more backstory/satisfy those waiting for the game's story.

In all likelihood, the comics' stories and the game's story were developed together. One just happened to be released first. So even though the comics are "before" the game, in terms of both release and time period, they were not developed separately then folded into the game's canon. In fact, pretty much all SW EU during this period comes from this game's development (being 300 years since the last games/comics and a couple thousand from the next set of EU works).

As for me, my happiness at the shoutouts comes from somewhere in between your liking the Old Republic Era comics and VoxTheHero's Tales of the Jedi. I was wondering if they were going to tie in anything from The KotoR comic, and it's nice to see they did. "Carrick" Station, mentioning the Rakghouls' origins as a Sith creation (though, I don't remember if that was established outside of the Comic first), the covering of the basic arc in the Datacron histories. Always fun to see things like that. Too bad I went Imperial first.

Just a pity none of the comic book characters (up to and including Satele) look anything like they did in the comics. Darth Baras looked good in the comics... and healthy. In the game he looks like a morbidly obese man in a art nouveau Cyberman mask, did he really decide to hit the pies the moment the Treaty of Coruscant was signed?

Just a pity none of the comic book characters (up to and including Satele) look anything like they did in the comics. Darth Baras looked good in the comics... and healthy. In the game he looks like a morbidly obese man in a art nouveau Cyberman mask, did he really decide to hit the pies the moment the Treaty of Coruscant was signed?

I also noticed that almost every single character in the comics...

...dies in TOR.

I think the only exception is Satale.

The dark side has cookies.

• 2 months later...
Actually, the comics take place BEFORE the game timeline was. I mean, he had to be Teneb Kel first before being Darth Thanaton in the game.

Indeed, Teneb Kel in the comic is MUCH younger than Thanaton in the game. The comics are a prelude to the game.

ps. Blood of the empire is one of my favorite Sith comics of all time, I absolutely love it and acquired it as a hardcopy too.

Edited by Karkais