Remove Heroic 2+/4+ missions.

Britzer

As per title, i think it's time to remove Heroic 2+ and 4+ missions. It's very hard to find any groups for them even on a large pop server, since no one cares for them or even bothers with them. More so i don't think the game has the population to support these missions any more.

A lot of the missions rewards go to waste and could help solo levelers like my self with gear etc

Edit: It would be easy just to make all the mobs in the Heroic 2+/4+ areas normal / strong mobs that way people could solo them.

Thanks

Edited by Britzer

Did it ever occur to you that some people do them? If you don't like them or don't want to or can't do them, ignore them. Then they are, in essence, removed for you. In any event, wait 'til you're over leveled, then solo them if your "OCD" demands you do them.

Did you know that that "some people" is very very little? I've been leveling a Warrior and he is at level 48 and from level one I've only done 4 or 5 heroic 2+/4+ missions in all this time and 2 of them i saved and went back when I've out leveled it just so i could get some armor i liked the looks of. Just no one does them, in all this time. Most of the higher level planets only have a hand full of people on them anyway. ( I'm taking about under level 50 here. Keep the level 50+ heroic missions )

Edit: My point is why even put content in the game when no one is even doing it? It's a waste of time from the developers side of things as well, since hardly anyone has done it. It's like ToR has all these heroic missions and yet only 1% of the player base does it.

Edited by Britzer

Did you know that that "some people" is very very little?

Did you know that neither you nor I have any idea how many people actually do them?

I've been leveling a Warrior and he is at level 48 and from level one I've only done 4 or 5 heroic 2+/4+ missions in all this time and 2 of them i saved and went back when I've out leveled it just so i could get some armor i liked the looks of. Just no one does them, in all this time. Most of the higher level planets only have a hand full of people on them anyway. ( I'm taking about under level 50 here. Keep the level 50+ heroic missions )

Well, I do them on some characters, skip them on others. But to say "No one does them" is nonsense. Maybe you play at off peak times. Maybe you have a bad rep in game (probably not, but it's certainly possible).

Edit: My point is why even put content in the game when no one is even doing it? It's a waste of time from the developers side of things as well, since hardly anyone has done it. It's like ToR has all these heroic missions and yet only 1% of the player base does it.

Again, if you don't like/can't do/won't do them. ignore them. There's no "waste" because they are already in the game. It would take resources to go in and remove them.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Did you know that that "some people" is very very little? I've been leveling a Warrior and he is at level 48 and from level one I've only done 4 or 5 heroic 2+/4+ missions in all this time and 2 of them i saved and went back when I've out leveled it just so i could get some armor i liked the looks of. Just no one does them, in all this time. Most of the higher level planets only have a hand full of people on them anyway. ( I'm taking about under level 50 here. Keep the level 50+ heroic missions )

so because YOU don't like them and YOU don't do them, nobody else does and thus should be removed. How do you justify the "some people = very very little" since you obviously do not do them, how do you know they are NOT being done? Personal experience is not conveying any type of consensus. All I see in general chat is LFG <insert heroric here>

so because YOU don't like them and YOU don't do them, nobody else does and thus should be removed. How do you justify the "some people = very very little" since you obviously do not do them, how do you know they are NOT being done? Personal experience is not conveying any type of consensus. All I see in general chat is LFG <insert heroric here>

Good point. People generally don't post "OK, heads up, y'all, Hadara's Defeat just completed by me and Apprentice Bob."

As per title, i think it's time to remove Heroic 2+ and 4+ missions. It's very hard to find any groups for them even on a large pop server, since no one cares for them or even bothers with them. More so i don't think the game has the population to support these missions any more.

A lot of the missions rewards go to waste and could help solo levelers like my self with gear etc

Edit: It would be easy just to make all the mobs in the Heroic 2+/4+ areas normal / strong mobs that way people could solo them.

Thanks

Yeah, what he said!

As per title, i think it's time to remove Heroic 2+ and 4+ missions.

Even if I were the only person doing those missions, it would still be more work to remove them, than just keeping them as they are.

The existance of those missions does not hurt you, so why do you want them removed?

Maybe while they are at it they should make all the ops and fp's solo-able too. Heck, just remove all the group content so people like you that can't be bothered to, you know, form a group in an mmo have stuff to do.

They are heroics and should stay heroics, we don't need anymore dumbing down of the game. People do them whether you think they do or not. Doesn't mean you have to.

These are not the Heroics you're looking for, move along.

This post I think is made on the assumption that everyone is an old shoe or something. But a lot of people just starting to play after the bugs were worked out. 2+ are all doable with a companion so far. 4+ and Flashpoints, well, just because I can't do it, I won't say delete it. Same goes for Starfights and PVP. Plenty enjoy it.

All and all, the game needs adding to, not subtracting!

The only thing they should do is get rid of the mechanics that require 4 people to complete (Seeker Droid/Macrobinocular Heroics, I'm looking at you...), so if you *really* want to do them, you can come back and solo them once you've sufficiently outleveled/outgeared them.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless. Got any real proof?

I didn't think so. It takes 0 resources to leave these in the game; it takes >0 resources to remove them. Why not spend those resources on something besides REMOVING content from the game?

[sarcasm]Hey! I have an idea! Let's make all FPs soloable. Nobody does those anyway. I mean, I leveled up a toon to 50 and didn't do any so it's obvious nobody does them. Just make it so people can solo them on-level, then it's not wasted content![/sarcasm]

Typical response from the people on these forums, nothing new here. Why did i even bother for, no wonder why this game is sinking, it's the community and it's toxic behavior. While leveling PEAK US WEST TIME it was hard for me to get into any groups simply because no one was looking for any Heroic 2+/4+ missions, this was the same with other classes i have leveled in the past month. I didn't say get rid of them all, i just said it would be worth while to make the solo able since they serve no purpose at all at the lower levels( under level 50 )

Everyone on each planet just wants to get off the planet and onto the next as fast as possible, that is the answer i got from a a lot of people when i asked in general chat in a few planets.

Edited by Britzer

Anecdotal evidence is worthless. Got any real proof?

I didn't think so. It takes 0 resources to leave these in the game; it takes >0 resources to remove them. Why not spend those resources on something besides REMOVING content from the game?

[sarcasm]Hey! I have an idea! Let's make all FPs soloable. Nobody does those anyway. I mean, I leveled up a toon to 50 and didn't do any so it's obvious nobody does them. Just make it so people can solo them on-level, then it's not wasted content![/sarcasm]

Really? Ever been told act your age?

I never said remove them in that sense, you really need to learn to read before making a post.

Edited by Britzer

Thanks

Go play single player games ... and leave grouping in MMO where it belongs.

H2+ are solo-able with 2 - 3 levels over, same way H4 are doable with 2 players, if you simply cannot socialize for 1 - 2 hour per planet simply don't do them.

You are over leveling planets even without them, who needs more solo content?

Very bad idea. And no need to get so defensive OP, people are just trying to understand your viewpoint here. Which doesn't really make sense because you don't have to ever touch them nor is it resulting in a hindered game experience for your gameplay.

I disagree with "nobody does them". Everytime I go back to planets, start a new character, etc, there is always somebody in chat saying "lfg _____ " then in the line is saying the heroic. There are people out there that do them. I very rarely do them if even at all. But that does not mean there are not people out there that play this game in groups and go do them all.

They are not hindering, hurting, spoiling, souring or handicapping your gameplay in any way shape or form regardless of what you want. So there is no point to even removing them or thinking about it. I understand your viewpoint about, "If I don't do them or I don't see people doing them...what is the point of them?" To be there. To have more to do. To have something for groups and encourage grouping. That is why they are there. You don't need to do any of them if you don't want. But to ask for the removal of them is...illogical.

That's the bottom line. Have fun in the game!

Edited by Sarfux

Mmm...

I think removing them is a bit too extreme, usually when I am in leveling mode, I tend to solo the content and not waste time trying to form or join groups in planet to do Heroics. But because I play add odd hours of the day, and when guild members are at a low, it does not preclude other players, who could easily be leveling with guild mates to naturally do the heroics along the leveling way.

I do agree, there is a lack of means to queue up for planetary heroics, an dwould be nice if each planet had all their heroics in a queue system much alike the flashpoints, so players such as myself could queue for the heroics while grinding the level content in solo mode.

Sue

I wish there was a possibility to scale them down. I play only for the story, strictly solo . I can play through heroics If I overleveled them enough, but I doubt I will be able to play through 50 level heroic missions even on level 55.

You can easily solo level 50 heroic 2s with a level 55 in the best crafted gear (which is, what, 28/66/156?) I dunno about level 50 H4s (never tried one). The toughest thing I've soloed in gear like that was False Emperor on normal mode, which I think is probably equivalent to a level 48 H4. In basic comm gear, you could do even more.