The Most Boring Quest in the Game

DomiSotto

Digging up HK Parts.

End of story.

Unless you get really lucky and someone in chat says they have almost found it and will wait for you to get it as well. This happened to me on DK, and I did it for someone else on Coruscant, but Hoth took forever. Would never want to do that again.

Staged Weekly on Makeb for me. Without a doubt.

Agree 100%. Mostly because you can only have one active mission at a time and have to travel back to pick another one up.

Let's face it, dalies/weeklies as a whole are pretty boring, but when they're logistical nightmares like the Makeb staged weekly, it goes from about a 5 to a 10 on the watching paint dry scale.

BTW. I just got my HK over this past weekend and I didn't spend more than 15 minutes per planet finding the necessary parts. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones.

Agree 100%. Mostly because you can only have one active mission at a time and have to travel back to pick another one up....

Just to note, any mesa that has a Staged Weekly mission will have a terminal at the Taxi to pick up another Staged Weekly. If, at the end of a mission, you QT to the Mesa you just did it on, or the next mesa you want to do one on, there is a Staged Weekly terminal near the shuttle-in point.

I'd like to change (well, narrow down) my answer to "anything on Hoth, especially if it involves gathering."

because looking for the HK part was worse on Hoth than on all the others combined. And now, frankly, looking for the dread seed is worse on Hoth than anywhere else. And pretty much every quest there is worse than any quest anywhere else.

Edited by EranofArcadia

Just to note, any mesa that has a Staged Weekly mission will have a terminal at the Taxi to pick up another Staged Weekly. If, at the end of a mission, you QT to the Mesa you just did it on, or the next mesa you want to do one on, there is a Staged Weekly terminal near the shuttle-in point.

Right, but I'm done with the next mission(s) before the QT timer resets.

Oricon, I can pick every necessary quest up at once (and grab a few on the way), then hammer them out in one large loop to finish the weekly. The only QT I use is when I finish the last daily.

Makeb is: mission, qt, mission, run back, mission, run back, mission, qt, etc.

See the difference?

Right, but I'm done with the next mission(s) before the QT timer resets.

Oricon, I can pick every necessary quest up at once (and grab a few on the way), then hammer them out in one large loop to finish the weekly. The only QT I use is when I finish the last daily.

Makeb is: mission, qt, mission, run back, mission, run back, mission, qt, etc.

See the difference?

My "quest rotation" on Makeb (Empire) is Frinn Mesa (whatever the quest is called, something like Clean bill of health) --> QT to Abandoned Mining (Covering your tracks) --> jump to death after finishing --> taxi to Stronghold (Trace of Guilt) --> QT to Sanctuary (Interlude) --> QT to Volcanic (Smuggler's Den) --> burn to death in lava followed by taxi to Talaos (Eviction Notice) --> QT to Tarlam (Landing Party).

These are the fastest quests in the Weekly you can get done solo, plus it gets you to the locations of all but one GSI quest on Makeb. It's Empire only though, the Republic one is much worse.

95% of the time, you're faster dying in an environmental hazard (fall damage, lava) than running back. And the environment doesn't cause repair costs.

And yes, this is not very exciting or anything, but it's no slower than the other daily areas, even though I do some extra dailies + GSI every time.

That said, I can't bring myself to do the Weekly on more than one character per week.

Edited by Darkelefantos

My "quest rotation" on Makeb (Empire) is Frinn Mesa (whatever the quest is called, something like Clean bill of health) --> QT to Abandoned Mining (Covering your tracks) --> jump to death after finishing --> taxi to Stronghold (Trace of Guilt) --> QT to Sanctuary (Interlude) --> QT to Volcanic (Smuggler's Den) --> burn to death in lava followed by taxi to Talaos (Eviction Notice) --> QT to Tarlam (Landing Party).

These are the fastest quests in the Weekly you can get done solo, plus it gets you to the locations of all but one GSI quest on Makeb. It's Empire only though, the Republic one is much worse.

95% of the time, you're faster dying in an environmental hazard (fall damage, lava) than running back. And the environment doesn't cause repair costs.

And yes, this is not very exciting or anything, but it's no slower than the other daily areas, even though I do some extra dailies + GSI every time.

That said, I can't bring myself to do the Weekly on more than one character per week.

For Republic side, some of the missions are truly awful (looking at you, Operation Overwatch and Door to Door), but once you figure out the right missions, I really don't think it's too bad. Here's the rotation I prefer:

Stage 1:

- Too Close to Home (do the regular daily Clear Skies ahead at the same time) - not the shortest mission ever, but since you're knocking out a second daily at the same time, it's not too bad.

- Among the Rubble - quick and easy, once you learn to avoid all the mobs, anyway.

- Into the Fire (do the GSI mission Volcanic Metals at the same time) - a slightly longer mission, but completing it shortens one of the Stage 2 missions.

Interlude

Stage 2:

- Stone and Steel - easy, and if you complete Among the Rubble in Stage 1, it removes the timer (not that it's long enough to be an issue, anyway)

- Taking Back Talaos (do Civilian Cattle Call at the same time) - both missions are really short, and can be done w/ very little combat

- Hostage Rescue (do the GSI mission Quake Engines at the same time) - if you do Into the Fire in Stage 1, you don't have to kill the hovertanks, you can just run over and free the hostages.

This is the shortest combination of missions I've found on Pub side, although maybe substitute Signal Intelligence for Stone and Steel, and it also lets you get some of the easier regular and GSI dailies done at the same time.

As for the most boring mission, I'm going to nominate a storyline mission for the Republic on Makeb: Planetary Surgery is a truly mind-numbing mission. You have to travel to platforms scattered at all corners of the map, and repeat the same boring process at each one. I have never had a mission make me want to rage-quit out shear boredom like that before.

Staged Weekly on Makeb wins for me.

Because I hunted HK parts only once(and NEVER ever again), same with Seeker Droid/Macrobinocular/GSI missions - never doing them again, they're just beyond boring, it's torture. Staged Weekly I'm going to do again. But, god, it's boring.