New PVP Mode

Lortemand

So, I have been doing a lot of level 70 pvp lately. I’ve noticed that a lot of matches are very one sided in terms of being able to win as one team often has 1-2 sorc healers and the other doesn’t. Mostly it’s GG and 3 components, no matter how good or bad you play, where you position yourself, when and what you interrupt, dps, cc etc.

Therefore my wish: Implement a new pvp game mode that has it’s own daily and weekly quest.

It’s called “DPS Only Mode”. Simply, if you’re heal specced, you can’t queue for it. No need to create new maps for this mode. It just takes place on the regular warzone and arena maps.

Would add some spice to pvp and maybe we get some interesting fights again without mini raidbosses aka sorc healers around.

I don’t concider offhealing from dps to be a problem, as it is not as gamebreaking as sorc healers massive interference.

So what do you dudes(and dudettes ofc) think about this idea? Tears from sorc healers or what? It's a 5 min respec.

So, I have been doing a lot of level 70 pvp lately. I’ve noticed that a lot of matches are very one sided in terms of being able to win as one team often has 1-2 sorc healers and the other doesn’t. Mostly it’s GG and 3 components, no matter how good or bad you play, where you position yourself, when and what you interrupt, dps, cc etc.

Therefore my wish: Implement a new pvp game mode that has it’s own daily and weekly quest.

It’s called “DPS Only Mode”. Simply, if you’re heal specced, you can’t queue for it. No need to create new maps for this mode. It just takes place on the regular warzone and arena maps.

Would add some spice to pvp and maybe we get some interesting fights again without mini raidbosses aka sorc healers around.

I don’t concider offhealing from dps to be a problem, as it is not as gamebreaking as sorc healers massive interference.

So what do you dudes(and dudettes ofc) think about this idea? Tears from sorc healers or what? It's a 5 min respec.

You'd still run into very similar problems, perhaps even worse than now. The DPS specs with the best self heals would have an innate advantage over those with less self heals and those with no self heals are all.

Mercs and Snipers would dominate even more in that sort of environment. Great DCDs, stronger self heals than others, along with great defenses and DPS. They'd still be OP as fuk. With no healers present, PTs, Marauders, Assassins and Juggs would fare even worse against Mercs and Snipers than they do even now. They would be filled virtually wall to wall with snipers and mercs, and the other classes present would be targeted first thing and get mauled, and melee would suffer even more against ranged for lacking support roles. It would be a war of attrition health wise and we all know who would win. Even with all classes/specs at present melee suffer due to ranged superiority and the class imbalances.

It's an interesting idea in and of itself but I think playing anything other than Mercs and Snipers would be a liability to the group.

Operatives as well would likely be good for it too [ due to stealth, self-heals and a CC kit that could choke a horse] .

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

make a seperate skill tree for ALL classes, this skill tree ment for PVP only.

This way many class balance issue can be solved without messing up for the majority of players which are the pve players.

This way both parties get a better experience and viola problem solved

It's called matchmaking, or, in this case, the lack of it. Yet you managed to turn it into a b*ching about Sorcs. FYI if the enemy team has 1-2 healers and you have none, assuming equal skill, you're going to lose, period. Nothing to do with them being Sorcs or not.

I'm so much waiting for the day when people will finally be able to tell matchmaking and class balance issues apart. I fear I won't live long enough to see that.

P.S.: In the current era of roots, Electro Nets and 70% slows (none of those building any Resolve) flying everywhere, complaining about Sorcs is... funny, in a way.

Edited by Schoock

I we are to put matchmaking to an extreme, then sorry to say...melee only and with sticks.

Now this is an issue that I really never understand.

Winning or loosing DON*T at all matter in unranked zones, yet THAT is so important it appears that people will commit suicide over a mere non meaning loss.

Now if there is a better system for ranked matchmaking then THAT is where those concerned with matchmaking should be.

It's called matchmaking, or, in this case, the lack of it. Yet you managed to turn it into a b*ching about Sorcs. FYI if the enemy team has 1-2 healers and you have none, assuming equal skill, you're going to lose, period. Nothing to do with them being Sorcs or not.

I'm so much waiting for the day when people will finally be able to tell matchmaking and class balance issues apart. I fear I won't live long enough to see that.

P.S.: In the current era of roots, Electro Nets and 70% slows (none of those building any Resolve) flying everywhere, complaining about Sorcs is... funny, in a way.

Despite your toxic approach to my suggestion of a new game mode, I will try to explain to you.

1. I have at no point *****ed around about sorc healers. And everyone that played a couple of warzones know how massively overpowered this spec is. No need to dig deeper into that. They're massively overtuned and gamebreaking period. if the enemy team has 2 - let's say - op healers - a win can still be done, if everyone plays right. But vs 2 sorc heals it's GG. Fact and no ************ as you say.

You'd still run into very similar problems, perhaps even worse than now. The DPS specs with the best self heals would have an innate advantage over those with less self heals and those with no self heals are all.

Mercs and Snipers would dominate even more in that sort of environment. Great DCDs, stronger self heals than others, along with great defenses and DPS. They'd still be OP as fuk. With no healers present, PTs, Marauders, Assassins and Juggs would fare even worse against Mercs and Snipers than they do even now. They would be filled virtually wall to wall with snipers and mercs, and the other classes present would be targeted first thing and get mauled, and melee would suffer even more against ranged for lacking support roles. It would be a war of attrition health wise and we all know who would win. Even with all classes/specs at present melee suffer due to ranged superiority and the class imbalances.

It's an interesting idea in and of itself but I think playing anything other than Mercs and Snipers would be a liability to the group.

Operatives as well would likely be good for it too [ due to stealth, self-heals and a CC kit that could choke a horse] .

I get the point with the FOTM classes, BUT I still think these matches would provide more fun and chances to win than the actual meta with sorc healers everywhere(which is GG, no matter what).

Despite your toxic approach to my suggestion of a new game mode, I will try to explain to you.

1. I have at no point *****ed around about sorc healers. And everyone that played a couple of warzones know how massively overpowered this spec is. No need to dig deeper into that. They're massively overtuned and gamebreaking period. if the enemy team has 2 - let's say - op healers - a win can still be done, if everyone plays right. But vs 2 sorc heals it's GG. Fact and no ************ as you say.

Youre coming on a bit strong. Most of the community know Sorc healers are strong. But getting all riled up about it because people disagree with your idea doesn't make them toxic.

Most of the veteran pvpers have seen this before and you just have to find a work around. Also maybe consider the fact that Mercs are strong at the moment and most people are playing them and you will see more healers.

If you give up because of two healers then you aren't using tactics or your team isn't. I've played against 3 Sorc healers many times and you can win.

Edited by Icykill_

I get the point with the FOTM classes, BUT I still think these matches would provide more fun and chances to win than the actual meta with sorc healers everywhere(which is GG, no matter what).

If they remove Sorc healers then let's remove Mercs, snipers, Maras, Sins.. operatives.. etc.

Where does it end. At what point is the game fun?

Maybe give everyone a light sabre and one button to spam and we can run around hitting each other with sticks

Youre coming on a bit strong. Most of the community know Sorc healers are strong. But getting all riled up about it because people disagree with your idea doesn't make them toxic.

Most of the veteran pvpers have seen this before and you just have to find a work around. Also maybe consider the fact that Mercs are strong at the moment and most people are playing them and you will see more healers.

If you give up because of two healers then you aren't using tactics or your team isn't. I've played against 3 Sorc healers many times and you can win.

Whatever no one gives a schyt about this forum and it has no influence whatever.

It was an idea, I kind of guessed it would be toxid down but whatever. RIP swtor forum may you toxic in pieces and ef you.

Won't be reading this crap anymore and goodbye, because anywhere is a place for better ideas than this forum.

wut.

calm down. not every idea people have equals good. also, try posting this in the suggestion forums. the developers read that, but don't respond.

it's not a bad concept, but it wont be good till every dps class has an offheal function.

also, if you have a well geared dps sitting on a sorc healer who really knows his class, you can really doom the hlrs team, as he spends 15 minutes kiting and healing himself.

Edit: er....... *if you have a well geared dps who really knows his class sitting on a sorc healer*

Edited by Seterade

Whatever no one gives a schyt about this forum and it has no influence whatever.

It was an idea, I kind of guessed it would be toxid down but whatever. RIP swtor forum may you toxic in pieces and ef you.

Won't be reading this crap anymore and goodbye, because anywhere is a place for better ideas than this forum.

Bye. And L2P on your way out.

make a seperate skill tree for ALL classes, this skill tree ment for PVP only.

This way many class balance issue can be solved without messing up for the majority of players which are the pve players.

This way both parties get a better experience and viola problem solved

That would be an awesome Idea. Not only would be a huge help for balancing, it would be something new to invigorate PVP. It would show that devs are hearing and acknowledge that there are issues with PVP that need addressing and that they haven't just given up on PVP. I think it would make a lot of people happy.

Great Idea.

I we are to put matchmaking to an extreme, then sorry to say...melee only and with sticks.

Now this is an issue that I really never understand.

Winning or loosing DON*T at all matter in unranked zones, yet THAT is so important it appears that people will commit suicide over a mere non meaning loss.

Now if there is a better system for ranked matchmaking then THAT is where those concerned with matchmaking should be.

The issue with winning or losing in regs comes down to the gearing. You get alot less UCs for a loss. [8 if your team wins, 3 if they lose]. I personally could care less if my team wins or loses as far as ego goes. I can still have fun in a match that turns out to be a loss, but losing so many UCs does suck given the grind involved gearing thru PVP. That's why people care so much about losing in most instances I'd think.

Even better. Just let people change spec in the match before it actually starts.

That's a really good idea too. Once people got into the WZ and could see the make up of the group, those classes that have a spec that switches their role they'd than have the opportunity to better fill the needs of the group if they were so inclined. [No healers in this group, and other team has one! I'll respec to bodyguard for this match.]

Letting us be able to change utilities at the start of the match as well once we see what map we're playing would be another really nice feature. Some utilities are better suited than others for certain matches and some are just a total waste. You can change utilities between fights during Operations, why not in WZs?

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Even better. Just let people change spec in the match before it actually starts.

Meanwhile that would be good idea for couple of reasons, guess what would for example happen in voidstar. Team defending with 5 heals and 3 tanks. Fun for all :p

Lol. Rage quitting over people not liking your DPS warzone idea aka nerf sorcs thread. Priceless.

Did not read thread because the absolute last thing PvP needs is for BW to try and invent a new PvP mode at this point. Evidence: Iokath and it's attempt to reanimate the corpse of OWPvP.

Just fix the balance, address the gearing issues, and maybe add new WZs with the current model and call it a day.

That would be an awesome Idea. Not only would be a huge help for balancing, it would be something new to invigorate PVP. It would show that devs are hearing and acknowledge that there are issues with PVP that need addressing and that they haven't just given up on PVP. I think it would make a lot of people happy.

Great Idea.

It would be truly awesome. 8 trees instead of 24, let's dumb the game down even more, gogogo.

And would everyone be a damage spec? Or everyone a little trinity army alone?

Or just implement matchmaking.

(I know very well they won't do it. But workarounds won't solve the problem, this one in particular would quite possibly just make it worse.)

Meanwhile that would be good idea for couple of reasons, guess what would for example happen in voidstar. Team defending with 5 heals and 3 tanks. Fun for all :p

LoL.. I know.. it's why they removed the option in the first place. But I can't think of a better one

I always Q as heals on my sniper. 5.2 mil HPS most games