Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What to do about a level 51 idiot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What to do about a level 51 idiot
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTergon
06.24.2019 , 09:58 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
So we all have to suffer because a few people might regret global ignoring someone? I can't imagine anyone I consider a friend could piss me off to the point I'd ignore them. Similarly, your troll example is exactly why I want global ignore. If someone is so vile that I ignore them on one character, I want them ignored on all the others, even if they can pretend to be a decent human being on a couple of them.
People get pissed off really easy in this game, for stupid reasons too. Account wide ignores wouldn't bother me, I was just saying you'll see the forum flooding with complaints, etc. And as I said, it could be an friends alt, that you don't know, they could do something mild, that you'd ignore if you knew it was them, but for whatever reason, you don't know it's them, and you hit ignore. Too slow in a fp, scavenging while a fight is on, jumping the gun before a tank, just a small few things you hear people complaining about, lots more out there.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

SteveTheCynic
06.24.2019 , 11:49 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
legacies are not unique. it would be nice to have an account wide sort of thing though. toggling duels on/off, however, seems so freaking obvious. like...how is it 2019 and that's not a thing?
Legacy names that we see are not unique, but the legacies themselves are distinct. That is, the legacy name that we see is purely cosmetic, and the game, internally, identifies them by some other means. A "ignore that whole legacy" feature would do it by the internal name.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Khaleg
06.25.2019 , 01:27 AM | #33
Help him level up so he becomes a lvl 52 idiot! :-)
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

DarkTergon
06.25.2019 , 01:39 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Help him level up so he becomes a lvl 52 idiot! :-)
lol
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

DarthSpuds
06.25.2019 , 01:54 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know you're pushing for this!
He didn't say he was pushing for it.
Just that he was going to make people aware that there is no auto-decline function.

If there is a Developer on this game so out of touch with the game and the code that they aren't already aware of that then we are in serious trouble.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Esron
06.25.2019 , 05:02 AM | #36
Just keep wispering idiotic things to him until he ignore you! stuff like, are u hawt ? u think i r sexay!? Dance baby daaaance !!!!! and just keep doing it over and over. I promise you, in the end he will leave you alone, and THEN you start stalking him with aaaaall your other toons !!! in the end, your ignore list will be smooth as a baby's bottom, but his will be full of all your toons and voila, he wont ever be a problem again xD

IoNonSoEVero
06.25.2019 , 06:18 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey!

I would definitely use some of the advice that others have posted here. Ignore the player and if they are being harassing, definitely report them in-game. I suspect the team is already aware but I am going to raise it up that there is no auto-decline for duel requests.

Thanks.

-eric
Thank you Eric! I do hope the team will consider adding an auto-decline for duels. It would make life easier for a lot of players, I suspect.

Lhancelot
06.25.2019 , 07:15 AM | #38
This has been common on SWTOR since there were noob zones and people could offer duels.

I think most of these players are probably teens or younger, they will spam over and over duels to lowbies.

I just think only a child would keep spamming a duel when declined over and over, most likely not an idiot. Maybe exceptions as always, though.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

IoNonSoEVero
06.25.2019 , 07:46 AM | #39
I wouldn't blame this one on kids. A lot of people online are ahem, very young for their age and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the duel spammer turned out to be a grown adult taking out their frustrations on the world by trying to harass people online.

casirabit
06.25.2019 , 07:47 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
This has been common on SWTOR since there were noob zones and people could offer duels.

I think most of these players are probably teens or younger, they will spam over and over duels to lowbies.

I just think only a child would keep spamming a duel when declined over and over, most likely not an idiot. Maybe exceptions as always, though.
Not all are children. Some are adults. You would be surprised at how well some children act compared to some adults I have met on the game, that actually do this.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121