Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What to do about a level 51 idiot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What to do about a level 51 idiot
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Katpoohtoo's Avatar


Katpoohtoo
06.22.2019 , 09:19 PM | #1
On Tython I'm playing my new character which is level 6 and some level 51 idiot keeps harassing me for a duel. Some of my other characters could wipe the floor with him, but of course my level 6 can't. My high-level characters would feel too much shame challenging a low level character to a duel. How on earth can this level 51 guy think that he's some kind of champion by dueling with single-digit characters?? That's kind of sad.

ThomasStarWars's Avatar


ThomasStarWars
06.22.2019 , 09:32 PM | #2
The level 51 is scaled down to starter planet maximum level. I don't see a problem here.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.22.2019 , 09:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
The level 51 is scaled down to starter planet maximum level. I don't see a problem here.
It’s the ability differences that give the lvl 51 the advantage, not the lvl or gear. He has way more abilities to attack with as well as DCDs

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
06.22.2019 , 09:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It’s the ability differences that give the lvl 51 the advantage, not the lvl or gear. He has way more abilities to attack with as well as DCDs
and more gear iirc. you can't even slot items below a certain level. and some of the shells you can wear don't have mods that low. not that it matters. I'm pretty sure you can auto ignore duels.
Krack

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.22.2019 , 10:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
and more gear iirc. you can't even slot items below a certain level. and some of the shells you can wear don't have mods that low. not that it matters. I'm pretty sure you can auto ignore duels.
Yep, all of the above ^^

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.22.2019 , 10:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Katpoohtoo View Post
On Tython I'm playing my new character which is level 6 and some level 51 idiot keeps harassing me for a duel. Some of my other characters could wipe the floor with him, but of course my level 6 can't. My high-level characters would feel too much shame challenging a low level character to a duel. How on earth can this level 51 guy think that he's some kind of champion by dueling with single-digit characters?? That's kind of sad.
You could always just get the point and laugh emote, and everytime he challenges you, use it
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

BlueShiftRecall's Avatar


BlueShiftRecall
06.22.2019 , 10:50 PM | #7
Korriban during double XP week a guild (I'm not mentioning names so don't ask) had about 7/8 members all high levels 50+ all standing outside at the bottom of the academy. They were trying to duel any low level players (only low levels never anyone higher than 10) that walked out from the tombs, a lot of them maybe were new players and accepted blindly, they were subsequently beaten and then trolled/harassed in the chat for how bad they are. Anyone who declined received that same trolling/harassing in the chat for being wimps/scared etc: the usual. This went on until I finished and left for fleet so who knows how long they stayed challenge low levels.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
You could always just get the point and laugh emote, and everytime he challenges you, use it
I like this idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
06.22.2019 , 10:52 PM | #8
Don't answer the duel request until you put the /ignore command into the chat box. If you're not sure how this works, you write /ignore and the player's name (example: /ignore idiotduelspammer). Then they will no longer be able to bother you.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
06.22.2019 , 10:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I'm pretty sure you can auto ignore duels.
Duels are the one thing in the game that still doesn't have an auto-decline. It's most irritating.

MorseGod's Avatar


MorseGod
06.22.2019 , 11:28 PM | #10
Reject the first duel request. If people persist, just ignore the next request. I'm fairly sure they can't keep sending them if one is still pending.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.