Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Completing daily and weekly Starfighter quests will grant Requisition rewards, as will some of the new achievements."

This along with gear grind = hamster wheel for MMOs? Same old is getting boring.

I'll give GS a shot but honestly, other than getting all my alts up to 55 there really isn't much new to this game that's keeping my interest. I may need to take a break for a while.

Get rid of the cartel coin cost for converting requisition. make it just standard game currency. you already make a substancial profit off the cartel market.

this or increase the rewards for fleet req its terribly grindy right now and looks kinda greedy with the cartel coin conversion

please don't monetize what we already have done the grind for. just spend the effort to create wanted ship designs and paint jobs and earn your pay through cosmetics like you promised, there is absolutely no reason to charge players for rewards they have already earned by playing

in my opinion the requisition system is hands down the worst part of galactic starfighter

"Completing daily and weekly Starfighter quests will grant Requisition rewards, as will some of the new achievements."

This along with gear grind = hamster wheel for MMOs? Same old is getting boring.

I'll give GS a shot but honestly, other than getting all my alts up to 55 there really isn't much new to this game that's keeping my interest. I may need to take a break for a while.

So they're essentially bolting an entirely new game onto SWTOR--one that is the closest thing to a sequel to the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series that we've ever seen, one with an entirely new set of ship classes, one with an entirely new system for upgrading and customizing your gameplay experience, an entirely new combat system that is as much twitch based as it is RPG ... and you dare to say "there really isn't much new to this game". What in the WORLD would you consider new, if not this? What? Seriously, what?

I've been playing GSF in closed beta, then open beta, for the last two months. It is AMAZING. I'd pay $100 + subscription for it alone. Xbox One just came out. PS4 just came out. I might have cared, but GSF got to me first.

So they're essentially bolting an entirely new game onto SWTOR--one that is the closest thing to a sequel to the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series that we've ever seen, one with an entirely new set of ship classes, one with an entirely new system for upgrading and customizing your gameplay experience, an entirely new combat system that is as much twitch based as it is RPG ... and you dare to say "there really isn't much new to this game". What in the WORLD would you consider new, if not this? What? Seriously, what?

I've been playing GSF in closed beta, then open beta, for the last two months. It is AMAZING. I'd pay $100 + subscription for it alone. Xbox One just came out. PS4 just came out. I might have cared, but GSF got to me first.

Meh, I was in beta as well, and what I've seen didn't blow up my skirt. Like I said, I'll give it a shot, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. it's definitely not something I would shell out $100 for.

Something new would be expansion on PVP - not talking about more WZ or arenas mind you. Or, addition of some sandbox elements. There are plenty of ideas on these boards and crowed about to death.

Ok im really confused about this. Is the space thing we have now going away to be replaced by this new space war thing? Or is it something entirely new and we keep the space thing we have now? Also do we have to pay for this expansion? It says early access the 3rd but doesn't say how we get in?:sul_confused:

Ok im really confused about this. Is the space thing we have now going away to be replaced by this new space war thing? Or is it something entirely new and we keep the space thing we have now? Also do we have to pay for this expansion? It says early access the 3rd but doesn't say how we get in?:sul_confused:

It's separate. The existing space remains; however, any character can do the new space, starting from level 1 (and it rewards XP).

The expansion is free; however, subscribers get access on December 3rd, where as premium players get access in January and free players in February.

There are optional cartel coin purchases you can make for particular cosmetic ships, or to speed up earning access to other ship variants. Note, however, that all ships start out "equal" (though different). You upgrade them by earning "ship requisition" which you can only get by playing (you cannot buy ship requisition).

its just a new pvp area, you will have the old space missions still this is just a new concept towards pvp and mixing space combat with it

the requsition concept sounds a bit like the war thunder model to me which sounds good :)

im really looking foward to this :)

For those who have already played the beta can u clarify this for me: Can u see the pilot/your character in the cockpit? Any kool customization if so for that eg the gear you can wear? Also is there any kind of emp weapon?

• Dev Post
The article makes only references to "players earn this, players earn that", not characters. Does that mean what you earn will be account/legacy wide when it goes live? If so, that will be great.

All requisition will be tied to the specific character you are using. Sorry for the confusion!

Groan...

You're kidding me...

Grinding for special equipment to make space fighter combat... wait for it, kids!... GEAR-DRIVEN!!!

In other words, to make it utterly meaningless, pointless, worthless... crap.

We finally had a shot at having on - just ONE - truly skill-based aspect to the game and instead of a decent space flight combat sim, it's just going to be more of the same old "my-stuff's-cooler-than-your-stuff-so-I-don't-have-to-actually-get-GOOD-at-anything" nonsense.

Tie a pillow across your butts, kiddies, and fall ***-backwards into "greatness" you don't deserve.

"X-Wing VS. TIE Fighter" showed everyone how it's done 20 years ago, but these idiots think they have to re-invent the wheel.

May the lameness be with you. I'm outta here.

:csw_atat:

Groan...

You're kidding me...

Grinding for special equipment to make space fighter combat... wait for it, kids!... GEAR-DRIVEN!!!

In other words, to make it utterly meaningless, pointless, worthless... crap.

We finally had a shot at having on - just ONE - truly skill-based aspect to the game and instead of a decent space flight combat sim, it's just going to be more of the same old "my-stuff's-cooler-than-your-stuff-so-I-don't-have-to-actually-get-GOOD-at-anything" nonsense.

Tie a pillow across your butts, kiddies, and fall ***-backwards into "greatness" you don't deserve.

"X-Wing VS. TIE Fighter" showed everyone how it's done 20 years ago, but these idiots think they have to re-invent the wheel.

May the lameness be with you. I'm outta here.

:csw_atat:

GSF is closer to X-wing and TIE Fighter than anything has ever been. The HUD is ripped straight out of those games. Controlling power to engines, shields, lasers. Balancing shield arcs. Slowing to 1/3rd speed to turn faster in a fight. The fricken Imperial Gunship looks like an Assault Gunboat!

The gear upgrades create, at most, 10% discrepancies here or there. A superior pilot will always win over gear.

Maybe you should try it before you go all hyperbolic.

GSF is closer to X-wing and TIE Fighter than anything has ever been. The HUD is ripped straight out of those games. Controlling power to engines, shields, lasers. Balancing shield arcs. Slowing to 1/3rd speed to turn faster in a fight. The fricken Imperial Gunship looks like an Assault Gunboat!

The gear upgrades create, at most, 10% discrepancies here or there. A superior pilot will always win over gear.

Seriously? You get to do all that? That is really awesome. Is there an in cockpit view at all? Either way, roll on the 3rd!

Agreed. The gear grind gives you a slight edge, but it's not hard to max out a build. After that, it's just getting additional options. I already know what ship, and what build, I plan to max out first. After I get it, it'll all be adding variety to tweak my play.

I did wonder at the phrasing of the article, and it would be nice to get actual confirmation on whether or not requisitions and unlocks are faction wide or character specific. I can see why they might tie them to each character, but honestly I'd love to see it launch as faction wide so I don't need to have one toon as my "GSF" character. I'd much rather be able to queue up on any toon...

So, in the absence of an official statement I will expect them to be character specific. (But secretly I will still hope for faction wide unlocks.)

Either way, it's still a great expansion, and I'm looking forward to the 3rd.

Agreed. The gear grind gives you a slight edge, but it's not hard to max out a build. After that, it's just getting additional options. I already know what ship, and what build, I plan to max out first. After I get it, it'll all be adding variety to tweak my play.

I did wonder at the phrasing of the article, and it would be nice to get actual confirmation on whether or not requisitions and unlocks are faction wide or character specific. I can see why they might tie them to each character, but honestly I'd love to see it launch as faction wide so I don't need to have one toon as my "GSF" character. I'd much rather be able to queue up on any toon...

So, in the absence of an official statement I will expect them to be character specific. (But secretly I will still hope for faction wide unlocks.)

Either way, it's still a great expansion, and I'm looking forward to the 3rd.

Yeah, I'm hoping they change it to a Legacy-wide system (or at least Faction-wide, so all your characters in one faction share ships/requisition). Having it tied to individual characters will encourage people to only play GS on one character (Do I want to queue up on my main with a fully tricked-out fighter, or on my alt where I'm stuck with the default components?).

Yeah.. really not liking the currency thing. What was wrong with Fleet Comms? Seriously. I feel like this dual-currency system is designed solely to push CC purchases.

Ditch the new currency. Convert everything to Fleet Comms. And for crying out loud, DON'T charge CC for it!

[...] Ship Requisition can be converted into Fleet Requisition by spending Cartel Coins, allowing you to rapidly unlock new ships, or transfer time spent on one ship into upgrades for another. [...]

Thanks, I'll stick to the ground-game.

E:

And as an old, old, sim-addict --I played X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, and the Wing Commander franchise when you still had to type "/crun (filename).exe" (<---or something like that, it all becomes a blur) to start up a game, no GUIs in those days-- this truly makes me sad.

Edited by midianlord