Can we get weekly passes back?

Is there any interest in the game bringing weekly passes back in a bound form so that players can use their own cartel coins to buy their own weekly passes?

OR alternatively a way for an item to be sold as sub time, bought with real money? IE a 20 dollar item that one can buy that grants a month of subtime (you wouldn't buy it with CCs, just real money, to avoid the free cartel coin problem), that would not be bound and would be sellable on the GTN?

I know that many players I know would play the game if there was an ingame method for earning sub time that didn't take away from revenue from Bioware, and I'm curious why this doesn't exist. It doesn't result in any lost revenue for Bioware, it can only reel in more players who play the game enough to afford to buy an item that cost real life money with credits, and helps fight gold farmers by giving players a legitimate way to use real money to acquire credits at a rate that's more reliable than using say, cartel packs / CM items.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

remove GC first and return the passes is the only way i can see it return along with thousands up on thousands of people. GC is the big problem no one wants to deal with, it's created a division between those who want it left and those who want it gone and the devs appear to be intentionally ignoring it (as i have yet to see anything about in any roadmap or anywhere else so far).

Remove GC! RemoveRNG.

Edited by Celise

Sounds like the PLEX system that EveOnline uses.

They've had it for quite a long time,..seems to be working as intended.

Be a heck of a credit grind though in this game.

I would not use it. Just as well Sub,..but that's me.

Sounds like the PLEX system that EveOnline uses.

They've had it for quite a long time,..seems to be working as intended.

Be a heck of a credit grind though in this game.

I would not use it. Just as well Sub,..but that's me.

Yeah, for people who don't want to, they can just sub regularly, but having alternative revenue methods to gain subtime is always a good idea, there's no situation where they lose money on this, since you wouldn't be able to abuse it with free Cartel Coins.

I'd love an answer on this from Keith, but even in the absolute meltdown worst case scenario for the ingame economy, IE a massive Credit Exploit, the laws of supply and demand would still apply, since the item would only be attainable with real money. Maybe even code it to a unique item so you wouldn't be able to hold more than one at a time, so if someone made an item dupe for it it wouldn't work.

Yeah, for people who don't want to, they can just sub regularly, but having alternative revenue methods to gain subtime is always a good idea, there's no situation where they lose money on this, since you wouldn't be able to abuse it with free Cartel Coins.

I'd love an answer on this from Keith, but even in the absolute meltdown worst case scenario for the ingame economy, IE a massive Credit Exploit, the laws of supply and demand would still apply, since the item would only be attainable with real money. Maybe even code it to a unique item so you wouldn't be able to hold more than one at a time, so if someone made an item dupe for it it wouldn't work.

There's no guarantee that marking it "only have one" would prevent item dupe exploits from working, since they are, by definition, bugs in the item management system, so all bets are off. (Example: a hypothetical(1) exploit involves handwaving like *this* when mailing the item to another account, allowing the sender to keep a copy while the receiver receives one. Each account ends up with one, so the unique restriction is not a problem.)

(1) It's hypothetical, for the purposes of explaining my reasoning, but I have heard of similar cases in other games.