An Alien as the Warrior

MeyerMDM

So, I've had the urge to roll another warrior, this time make them a cathar. But the whole backstory and introduction to the warrior places them as being of " a great sith bloodline" and brought in to restore purity and all that.

Is there any way an alien would make sense lore-wise in that instance? The Great Galactic War spanned several decades. Maybe, an alien jedi became sith, rose to be a powerful darth, and had a child they then raised to be sith as well? Would having a Darth in your lineage be enough to overlook your alien genetics? I'm stumped.

i also had the urge to play a warrior, a cathar as well and another heretic on darkness and another light sider. I have an idea on the direction i want to take him, he is already level 70 and starting belsavis storyline.

As soon as the class story is complete up to Ilum for the warrior, i got a few other characters that need attention, luckily however, there is another xp/cxp boost coming soon so that will help out.

I have a chiss sith warrior, and explained it as her being adopted to a sith pureblood family. Everyone who does not treat her as a member of that family is going to answer to her father, who most likely has more influence and power than, let's say, your usual Korriban overseer.

Playing an Imp Cathar of any class will end up with oddities when you reach Taris and do the planetary arc. You'll be running around slaughtering Cathar "beasts" right left and centre, and not one NPC will notice that *you* are a Cathar beast yourself.

It's not much better on the Republic side, though. Troopers and smugglers will be witness to the unedifying prospect of an NPC carefully explaining to a Cathar what a Cathar is. On Ord Mantell.

You can probably try to write a ellaborate backstory explaining how an alien managed to reach high status and have a Sith family in the Empire, it'll take a lot of work if you don't want to retcon any of the game's lore but I think it's duable. Same thing with a Pureblood SI, who despite being a Pureblood still can say how lucky he is for not having Sith DNA to HK-47 at the Foundry.

So, I've had the urge to roll another warrior, this time make them a cathar. But the whole backstory and introduction to the warrior places them as being of " a great sith bloodline" and brought in to restore purity and all that.

Is there any way an alien would make sense lore-wise in that instance? The Great Galactic War spanned several decades. Maybe, an alien jedi became sith, rose to be a powerful darth, and had a child they then raised to be sith as well? Would having a Darth in your lineage be enough to overlook your alien genetics? I'm stumped.

Nope. It is possible lorewise, for an alien to become Sith. But the Sith Warriors story has the player character being born and raised from the elite. While the Sith inquisitor starts on the opposite end of the Sith warrior. But if you want to play as an alien, then play as an alien. Most likely, none of that stuff is going to be brought up again in current and future content.

I have a chiss sith warrior, and explained it as her being adopted to a sith pureblood family. Everyone who does not treat her as a member of that family is going to answer to her father, who most likely has more influence and power than, let's say, your usual Korriban overseer.

The problem, unfortunately, is that Tremel went around the usual channels anyway. It's not just a matter of treating your character badly for being an "alien", but also that he wouldn't likely have ever picked your character in the first place for his "screw the rules" plan if he didn't think you were pure enough.

That said, after Korriban, the "purity" of the Warrior's bloodline never really comes up again that I can recall. So if you can suspend disbelief and/or spacebar rush the first few missions, it won't really be something to deal with.

If sith purebloods and humans are compatible enough to bone who says sith can't bone other near human species and pop out an off spring that looks like the near human? Sure its still a bit weird but maybe things are so generally diluted that even a 50% is seen as good enough for their desperate cause. I mean Tremel looks human so presumably he isn't exactly 100% sith himself. Edited by dcaleb

My main SW is a Cathar, my story for her is basically her mother was a slave who hide her force sensitivity till she rose up and killed her slave master and every imperial she could find in the area, the Sith sent to kill the insubordinate Cathar Slave was also killed by her, that Sith's master was so impressed by her ruthlessness and force power they took her on as their new apprentice. If any Imperial questioned her being a Sith because of her species she would just kill them. Eventually she had a daughter, my SW. Just a bit of fun. ;) Edited by BlueShiftRecall

If sith purebloods and humans are compatible enough to bone who says sith can't bone other near human species and pop out an off spring that looks like the near human? Sure its still a bit weird but maybe things are so generally diluted that even a 50% is seen as good enough for their desperate cause. I mean Tremel looks human so presumably he isn't exactly 100% sith himself.

The reason the humans and Sith species were close enough to bone was because of alchemy if I recall correctly.

Human dark jedi and Sith were compatible enough to bear hybrids without much concern, but there were some cases of alchemy and other cases of genetic engineering being involved. it took over 1,000 years to completely corrupt the Sith as a species with human DNA to the point they don't exist any more as a species besides the outward apperance of being a Sith. Edited by Celise

There is a Torguta Sith Lord in Inquisitor story and if you play alien Inquisitor Talos will make a comment that Lord Kalig was one of few prominent alien Sith - so I assume that alien families can earn respect in the Empire, it's just much harder for them than for pureblods and humans.

There is a Torguta Sith Lord in Inquisitor story and if you play alien Inquisitor Talos will make a comment that Lord Kalig was one of few prominent alien Sith - so I assume that alien families can earn respect in the Empire, it's just much harder for them than for pureblods and humans.

Of course aliens can earn respect among the Sith - the Sith, ultimately, respect power above anything else. But in the wider Empire, there's a great deal of contempt for the Sith themselves. (Just listen to all the senior military figures complaining about stupid Sith power games.)

That said, you're right, it *is* harder for aliens to start gaining that respect. Once you reach Darth Nox levels of power, though, nobody cares what shape your head is or what colour your skin is. Well, except perhaps for that Moff on Ilum, but my Rattataki Nox told him off epically. (Regus? He mouths off about alien scum, and right in front of him is an alien who can fry him to charcoal without even blinking, much less breaking a sweat. Idiot.)

Except that the Academy has relaxed its rules enough because of the war that any force sensitive is shoveled off to Korriban for training, even slaves.

From a game mechanic standpoint, Nox has special plot dialogue if you play as an alien because aliens were available as playable choices from the beginning.

I don't remember if the SW had any though, although a Chiss force sensitive would be such a rare occurrence that he might have been trained just because of that. Them being the only alien race the empire sort of decently tolerates.

Except that the Academy has relaxed its rules enough because of the war that any force sensitive is shoveled off to Korriban for training, even slaves.

From a game mechanic standpoint, Nox has special plot dialogue if you play as an alien because aliens were available as playable choices from the beginning.

Still, Lord Zavros was a prominent, powerful Sith and also an alien.

Same concept as the Inquisitor being a pure blood. The overseer still treats you like crap even though you're the same as his pet. I suppose it IS possible for a pure blood to fall to slavery, but idk.

Of course it's possible, Vitiate's mother was a pureblood slave.

Edited by juliushorst

Um i think they was referring to the Sith Pure Blood, to Restore the Purity of the sith bloodline with-in the species/race of Sith.

I don't remember if the SW had any though, although a Chiss force sensitive would be such a rare occurrence that he might have been trained just because of that. Them being the only alien race the empire sort of decently tolerates.

human empire officers will always take issues with aliens no matter if they are allied or enemy. frequently there is chatter about alien scum and filth being mentioned by certain individuals. even on Hoth with that world storyline on the empire side, you can help Yudrass out from the Chiss ascendancy to become a Colonel in charge of an imperial base, none the less Commander Tritan will point out that enlisted soldiers may take issue following the orders of an alien in their ranks. there are other examples earlier on as well.

• 1 month later...

Storywise, it can be made to work.

First and foremost, you are not actually said to be from an elite bloodline. You are actually said to have taken shortcuts and had advantages given to you by Overseer Tremmel. Which, honestly, you have. You skipped the 'school' part of training and advanced to the trials without ever bothering to learn the Sith Code, and had your judgements flown in from off-world for you. Overseer Tremmel has given you special treatment and your fellow Acolytes are (rightfully) jealous of the advantages and shortcuts you have been given.

Now this gets sometimes cast in a different light because of the statements of Overseer Tremmel. Tremmel makes very disparaging overtones against "impure bloodlines". However, when Tremmel makes those comments, whom is he speaking about? Vemrin. And Vemrin is a white human male without any visible cybernetics. So Tremmel's prejudices run far deeper than just species (although he does also make comments about hating aliens). Some presume that this now canonically implies that, since he likes you, and he hates the impure bloodlines, you must somehow be of pure blood.

Unless...

Recall after Tremmel's defeat, Baras very clearly tells you that Tremmel "thought of you as family". He makes a very sentimental comment, trying to play at your emotions. This could mean that Tremmel loved you and thought of you as his own child, perhaps having even adopted you. This could mean that Tremmel considered you someone of similar beliefs to his, a kindred spirit (maybe you are, in your own way, some form of Cathar nobility who feels that you too are better than your Cathar fellows). But I feel the most insightful and accurate interpretation is revealed by actually looking at what "family" means to Tremmel.

We get to see multiple interactions between Tremmel and his daughter. He has her enrolled as an acolyte; however, he does not trust her to defeat Vemrin. Maybe he's protecting her because he cares about her, and looks at you as potentially expendable. More likely, he looks at you as more likely to be successful, and shunts aside his own daughter in order to accomplish his goals. Tremmel's relationship with his daughter is dismissive and detatched, with him throwing his support towards you, an Alien of all creatures, rather than his own pure-blooded daughter.

And how does his daughter respond when she believes you have killed her father? She stands against you, desiring to fight to the death to avenge him. She cared about him in clearly a way that he did not care about her. Or, in other words, he manipulated her and used her to his own gain. Same as he was doing with you. For Overseer Tremmel, to be "thought of as family" means to be thought of as useful, exploitable, and able to be manipulated, but ultimately another expendable tool in his game and to his ends. Not nearly as flattering a comment as Baras made it out to be, but fitting for an Old Ways Sith.

So as a Cathar Warrior, what we know as canon would be this.

The very openly prejudice Tremmel took you, despite your 'inferior' bloodline, because he sensed great power in you. He intentionally skipped you past all the Sith education that might have prepared you to deal with his manipulations, and dropped you straight into the Trials, where your brute strength and power could potentially defeat Vemrin, but without the tools you would need to ascend much further. Tremmel's fears were not that Vemrin would become Sith; it was that with Vemrin's power and Baras's training, Vemrin could become a Sith Lord, perhaps even a Darth someday, attaining leadership that he was too 'impure' to deserve. You, without that Sith education, a lowly alien, are little more than a dog he sicked on his enemies, using you to kill Vemrin and thwart Baras. He treated you like his attack dog, with every intention that, after becoming Sith, you would ultimately fail to move further upwards because of his intentionally poor training. Training which he had a thorough understanding of, considering he was appointed as the OVERSEER for the Sith Academy on Korriban.

And then, once Tremmel falls and you become Baras's apprentice, Baras has canonically and openly expressed he has no interest in the old ways of the bloodlines, and he is happy to exploit anyone, regardless of race, if they provide power towards his own gains. After you leave Korriban, nobody will ever mention the idea of your bloodline, or the shortcuts you took in your training. Only that you have great power and a strong connection to the force, which has nothing to do with race.

Can a Cathar Sith Warrior work? Yup. You just have to understand Overseer Tremmel's role in things.

• 2 weeks later...
Storywise, it can be made to work.

First and foremost, you are not actually said to be from an elite bloodline. You are actually said to have taken shortcuts and had advantages given to you by Overseer Tremmel. Which, honestly, you have. You skipped the 'school' part of training and advanced to the trials without ever bothering to learn the Sith Code, and had your judgements flown in from off-world for you. Overseer Tremmel has given you special treatment and your fellow Acolytes are (rightfully) jealous of the advantages and shortcuts you have been given.

I agree with most of this as you're correct however the bolded part you are incorrect. It is specifically stated in dialogue AND codex that the sith warrior is indeed one of ancient Sith lineage. Note: doesn't mean sith pureblood only, most likely a mix of human and sith pureblood.

Dialogue said by SW on Korriban: "I am the heir of a great Sith bloodline, how dare you even ask such a question of me?"

to which he/she receives the reply: "Your special heritage does not place you above suspicion-- nor should it."

And the codex entry for the Sith Warrior:

The Sith Warrior

Ranking from birth among the most elite in the Sith Empire, <<name>>'s deadly skills and command of the dark of the Force have become legendary. Lightsaber in hand, <<name>> has carved a path of destruction through Republic foes and scheming Sith adversaries alike, eventually becoming the favored enforcer of the Sith Emperor himself. But now the Emperor has betrayed the Empire, forcing <<name>> to join with unlikely allies to defeat a seemingly invincible foe....

You can probably try to write a ellaborate backstory explaining how an alien managed to reach high status and have a Sith family in the Empire.

Backstory for my Cathar SW : his father ( a human sith lord) was a madman who enhanced himself in order to procreate with other species. On Taris, he found a force sensitive Cathar woman, promised to take her out of that dump if she agrees to have a child with him. She died in childbirth, but the offspring was healthy and at the right age was sent to the Sith Academy .