Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the old Tier Two flashpoint when Lost Island first went live. I totally understand keeping the story mode side of things easy, but what ever happened to the hard stuff? I want a challenge. I want something I have to work to try and beat. Even this new set of Operations didn't seem to hard compared to previous ones.

The only thing I find interesting about these ones is that each run can be different then the last, apparently. Makes it not so monotonous.

Very nice. I love the idea of players of various levels and classes being able to play together at their leisure, as it's always bothered me that I (having the maximum number of characters at level 55) wasn't able to do anything with my friends that just started with the game except roleplay (which can be very inconvenient to do thanks to the ongoing lack of social roleplay features like chat bubbles and more, but I digress). Hopefully there will be more of that coming soon (and potentially have some of the fun, old content converted in this way, too). Although I'd like it even more if levels were made obsolete and all players of any progression would be able to do everything with any other players without penalties, similar to what SWG was before it switched to character level based progression. Edited by Glzmo

And how come everyone acts like this Flashpoint is new news? It came out on the PTS 3 weeks ago.

Is it on live servers yet?

Yeah.. there you go.

Not everyone plays the PTS nor pays close attention to what is in the PTS draft notes.

People obviously don't pay attention to anything to do with the game then.

I don't understand how people can be so oblivious.

If they aren't interested in PTS, how is that wrong? They pay to play the game, not to read Dev Blogs, and have every choice to do either or the other as they wish to.

Honestly, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities that this "tactical flashpoint" represents! First, it adjusts the flashpoint to different scenarios based on group composition (it is role neutral, so you can go in as a balanced group, four of any one role, or anything in between!). Second, it also bases the scenario on faction. Finally, it bolsters the group from level 15 up, meaning a wide range of character levels can all interact together on an even keel (more or less!).

The question is, what might be the next step in this sort of flashpoint? I'm thinking they should take it to a whole new level! So, the Republic's goal is to wrest this facility from the Empire. The Empire's goal is to do the same against the Republic. But, what if a third party held control of this facility, and each faction is trying to wrest it from this other group (similar to Hammer Station)... AT THE SAME TIME!

Can you imagine how cool that would be? Think flashpoint+arena+open-world PvP. Awesomeness.

Now, surely, we'd want to maintain the PvE objectiveness of the area (e.g., after one group wins, - perhaps even best 2-of-3 like an arena - they can go on to finish the flashpoint and the other group is done), but we'd also want to make the PvP aspect optional when queuing as well as provide PvP and PvE rewards.

Muahahahahahahahaha! I'm looking forward to it already! :cool:

yee sure another PVE content , remember Bio/EA PVP players is much bigger community u will learn about it when TESO/Wildstar/Star Citzen will come.

Well in this game pve comunity is bigger then pvp. And if you loking for game whit great pvp thats realy not a game for you

No, this is a bad idea. If all flashpoints become role neutral, then tanks and healers are going to be kicked out of the groups left and right.

Do you want a good example of a role neutral mmo? GW2. Guess what evry1 is running there? A dps (zerker).

SWTOR is an mmo with a holy trinity, it should matter.

The longer queue times for dpsers is not role related problems! Why in WoW they dont have long queues? I guess you can answer this question by yourself.

OK maybe just up until the 55 stuff.

I shouldn't have to wait 2 hours for a Q to pop.

If role neutral doesnt equal snooze fest easy mode then I'm in. Hopefully the bolstering and dynamic nature of the FP will translate into on a balanced challenge regardless of group composition. I have no 55s and story mode FPs have gotten way too easy. My main is a guardian tank at level 48 and the last semi challenging FP was Athis while still learning how to play. I love the dynamics involved in group play but easy mode isn't fun.

Honestly, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities that this "tactical flashpoint" represents! First, it adjusts the flashpoint to different scenarios based on group composition (it is role neutral, so you can go in as a balanced group, four of any one role, or anything in between!). Second, it also bases the scenario on faction. Finally, it bolsters the group from level 15 up, meaning a wide range of character levels can all interact together on an even keel (more or less!).

The question is, what might be the next step in this sort of flashpoint? I'm thinking they should take it to a whole new level! So, the Republic's goal is to wrest this facility from the Empire. The Empire's goal is to do the same against the Republic. But, what if a third party held control of this facility, and each faction is trying to wrest it from this other group (similar to Hammer Station)... AT THE SAME TIME!

Can you imagine how cool that would be? Think flashpoint+arena+open-world PvP. Awesomeness.

Now, surely, we'd want to maintain the PvE objectiveness of the area (e.g., after one group wins, - perhaps even best 2-of-3 like an arena - they can go on to finish the flashpoint and the other group is done), but we'd also want to make the PvP aspect optional when queuing as well as provide PvP and PvE rewards.

Muahahahahahahahaha! I'm looking forward to it already! :cool:

That's not exactly how it works. The scenario is random so no matter what group you have, that doesn't effect the scenario. Basically you get a scenario much like you get a particular warzone in pvp, Luck of the Draw. The same thing with the 3 bosses (5 total actually but 2 bosses are re skins of another 2 depending on which faction your on)

The mob difficulty doesn't change either based on your level or your group composition, the difficulty is the same what change is the players are all bolstered to lvl 55.

what your suggesting for the Open World PvPvE senario is practically impossible and a very terrible idea for several reasons.

1. Flashpoitns are instances so it can't be Open World

2. You can't make a PvPvE senario and then make the pvp optional otherwise no one will do the pvp aspect of it because it slows them down. You either go all in with pvp or you don't do it at all.

3. Having PvP preventing people from completing PvE flashpoints is a horrible idea in an instance and is asking for players to rage quit. It maybe ok in the open world because people have the option to participate or not.

4. That would go completely against the concept of role neutral flashpoints, and having tanks and healers an absolute must.

5. It's a Balance Nightmare in the making. I can already see players now preventing certain classes from joining their groups because they are not the proper dps class or proper tank class or proper heal class, especially if their is loot drops for the "Winning side" and getting a shot at the boss.

The only way a PvPvE scenario would work in an Operation instance where there are 2 bosses 1 for each side and half the Ops group engages in pvp and using mechanics inside the room to slow the other team down, while the other half engages with their boss simultaneously and whichever team finish first wins the match.

Edited by MisterBlackJack

yee sure another PVE content , remember Bio/EA PVP players is much bigger community u will learn about it when TESO/Wildstar/Star Citzen will come.

You do realize that pvp has been getting most of the attention for the past 4 months. PvPers have gotten a new arena map and GSF now they are getting bombers and Team Deathmatch, PvE is only getting 1 flashpoint. Not saying PvE has a right to complain, they don't. But PvP shouldn't complain either because pvp has been getting most of the attention recently

If role neutral doesnt equal snooze fest easy mode then I'm in. Hopefully the bolstering and dynamic nature of the FP will translate into on a balanced challenge regardless of group composition. I have no 55s and story mode FPs have gotten way too easy. My main is a guardian tank at level 48 and the last semi challenging FP was Athis while still learning how to play. I love the dynamics involved in group play but easy mode isn't fun.

I will be quite honest with you, the new flashpoint is not difficult at all. I may actually be easier than the Czerka flashpoints. But difficulty is not the point of this new flashpoint. The point of it is to give dps of the lower levels a chance to level up through flashpoints without waiting hours in queue.

It's also mainly about the design of the flashpoint rather than the difficulty. Its suppose to be about how the objective changes each time you enter so you don't know what you are going to get objective wise.

The reason i say it's easier than CZ-198 is because there is only 1 boss in the entire flashpoint the other "Bosses" are just mini bosses much like random champs you find out in the open world. The final boss is an interesting boss and at least 2 out of the 3 I have seen have interesting mechanics. But that's about it. 90% of the flashpoint is trash mobs and objectives.

what your suggesting for the Open World PvPvE senario is practically impossible and a very terrible idea for several reasons.

1. Flashpoitns are instances so it can't be Open World

2. You can't make a PvPvE senario and then make the pvp optional otherwise no one will do the pvp aspect of it because it slows them down. You either go all in with pvp or you don't do it at all.

3. Having PvP preventing people from completing PvE flashpoints is a horrible idea in an instance and is asking for players to rage quit. It maybe ok in the open world because people have the option to participate or not.

4. That would go completely against the concept of role neutral flashpoints, and having tanks and healers an absolute must.

5. It's a Balance Nightmare in the making. I can already see players now preventing certain classes from joining their groups because they are not the proper dps class or proper tank class or proper heal class, especially if their is loot drops for the "Winning side" and getting a shot at the boss.

The only way a PvPvE scenario would work in an Operation instance where there are 2 bosses 1 for each side and half the Ops group engages in pvp and using mechanics inside the room to slow the other team down, while the other half engages with their boss simultaneously and whichever team finish first wins the match.

Ah, such a lack of imagination!

1. Not "Open World" in the sense of anyone just stumbles through but, rather, in the sense that other considerations (such as mob aggro) factor into faction interactions other than just the players.

2. Rewards associated with the interactions change all that. If you can get warzone comms and PvE comms at the same time, why would people not be tempted to participate (aside from the "I only PvP/E" crowds)? See below for more details.

3. Progressive rewards and area restrictions eliminates this. Yes, the successful group will get more rewards, but they also end up having to invest more time in the instance.

4. Not so much. Have you played arenas? Also, consider that this is an interactive story, if you will: You don't always know what you're going to encounter. Sometimes you are prepared for it and other times you are not.

5. PvP is optional. If the rewards are proportional to the time invested, with an added boost to incent victory, this isn't a problem. People queue solo into warzones and flashpoints all the time, despite the added risk of odd pairing and an unsuccessful outcome. People who can't handle the heat will stay out of the kitchen (or QQ about it on the forums), and the rest of us will enjoy the unpredictability of it.

----

Ultimately, this a fun opportunity to blur the lines between environment and player interactions.

As an example: Initially, there's a separation of factions wherein each faction progresses into the flashpoint and through an initial boss whose defeat triggers the first flashpoint reward. Beyond this point, the factions' players enter a common area wherein the PvP interactions come into play. Now, this isn't something where both teams are essentially dumped into a sterilized arena and expected to duke it out before they can continue; they're simply in the same area and can fight (or not) at any point within there, but they still have to deal with environmental dangers at the same time. This area might even have some sort of complicated mechanic that would allow a team to use their prowess to avoid the need to outright defeat the other team in order to advance. But, one team must emerge the victor before being able to advance into the final half (or third or whatever) section of the flashpoint to challenge the last boss. That point triggers the second reward set (and final reward set for the unsuccessful team). The last reward comes after final boss and is the victor's spoil.

But, clearly, this is practically impossible.

Edited by -Wes-
word choice

*Sighs*

So I just finished my very first attempt on lvl 55 Kuat Drive Yards... Solo... With my crapgeared tank and even worse geared companion. And it was a breeze...

Please ramp up the "difficulty" on this thing!

My guess is they're going to make a hardmode version of it for 3.0, whenever that comes out - along with Colicoid Wargames and Red Reaper.

I hope we get something a bit harder than just standard HM, I miss Lost Island HM that was worth playing. Now everything seem to be aimed at new players and totally forgetting majority of well geared players who been very patient so far and not getting much to do apart from replaying the old content or guarding their spot on fleet.

I hope we get something a bit harder than just standard HM, I miss Lost Island HM that was worth playing. Now everything seem to be aimed at new players and totally forgetting majority of well geared players who been very patient so far and not getting much to do apart from replaying the old content or guarding their spot on fleet.

I do not know, i think that NiM TfB and SaV are still pretty problematic for most people even though they are geared in full 78s...

I do not know, i think that NiM TfB and SaV are still pretty problematic for most people even though they are geared in full 78s...

TFB and S&V are Ops, he was referring to FPs. Ops are fine, but some Lost Island-like Fps are definitely needed.

i wanted to test this on the PTS but every time i logged on the PTS no one was there or there wasn't enough any place to start a group . i could not get on the PTS the first week . PC issue some what and real life , i was gaming live from time to time . so , i guess i get to see it feb 4th live . learn it then I'm a fast leaner and before you know It, i ll be giving advice or directing noobis thu it , on my geared 55's :) ... Edited by tanktest

TFB and S&V are Ops, he was referring to FPs. Ops are fine, but some Lost Island-like Fps are definitely needed.

two or three more Lost Island type HM FP would be nice , CZ 198 all most hit it but nothing like the thought put into Lost Island.