Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bit of a off topic question,If we unlock this companion,will there be a increase in the number of companions that we can have out doing missions? there was not for HK-51,but gaining him was a lot less of a investment ,either in CC or credits.

Thank you, Bioware, for lowing the credit requirement. I realize, for most people, a million credits or more is pretty easy to come by, but I was not one of those many and I'm glad I can afford to purchase Treek with at least one of my toons without having to spend Cartel Coins. I appreciate that. :)

the first purchase is still 100000.

Completely not worth either currencies. Why it wasn't a quest line (free for subscribers) like what they did for HK, then unlocked through legacy exhibits yet more of the laziness and greed of Bioware. Less content for subscribers, more Cartel Market BS. Subscriptions become less and less meaningful. Bioware really is part of the dark side cause that deal (subscriptions) actually is getting worse all the time. Not surprising, but I saw this coming, and it's not over by a long shot. Through all the levels of approval you let this and so many other terrible decisions etc. in the past go live... Things that someone who actually cared would never allow it to see the light of day the way you presented it. You truly don't care anymore, and I can't support someone who doesn't care about their own product or its customers. We are no longer super important to you. That hasn't been for a very long time. As for this MMORPG project, you stopped caring a long time ago. Grats on your Cartel Market a.k.a life support system success. Sooner or later people get tired of it and move on. Edited by xorcist

Completely not worth either currencies. Why it wasn't a quest line (free for subscribers) like what they did for HK, then unlocked through legacy exhibits yet more of the laziness and greed of Bioware. Less content for subscribers, more Cartel Market BS. Subscriptions become less and less meaningful. Bioware really is part of the dark side cause that deal (subscriptions) actually is getting worse all the time. Not surprising, but I saw this coming, and it's not over by a long shot. Through all the levels of approval you let this and so many other terrible decisions etc. in the past go live... Things that someone who actually cared would never allow it to see the light of day the way you presented it. You truly don't care anymore, and I can't support someone who doesn't care about their own product or its customers. We are no longer super important to you. That hasn't been for a very long time. As for this MMORPG project, you stopped caring a long time ago. Grats on your Cartel Market a.k.a life support system success. Sooner or later people get tired of it and move on.

Drama Level >9000

Hey Bio-fail. I want content that I don't have to pay for. I already pay your monthly subscription. Why do I have too pay it again plus more?

Malice if you played more, then you wouldn't have to pay real $ to get the comp.

Heck, they should make it so all Living Legends get Treek for Free. Because it's time Legacy Levels started counting.

Edited by AshlaBoga
missing comma

I have a bit of a off topic question,If we unlock this companion,will there be a increase in the number of companions that we can have out doing missions? there was not for HK-51,but gaining him was a lot less of a investment ,either in CC or credits.

Probably not, even though I wish it was so. Buying Treek will mean I wall always have 2 companions "doing nothing". I cant stand having C2-N2 doing nothing but dusting my quarters and reprogramming ship's food processors, but this will mean that someone (Iresso probably) will have to be on the ship and suffer through his constant rambling

I think its very sensibly priced for a luxury item.

I would like to think the Makeb xpac was priced cheaply as an extra planet and increased level cap is more of an essential item.

1m creds and 300k per character is more than achievable for experienced players and 2100 + 700 coins is about right if you really can't wait.

I think its very sensibly priced for a luxury item.

I would like to think the Makeb xpac was priced cheaply as an extra planet and increased level cap is more of an essential item.

1m creds and 300k per character is more than achievable for experienced players and 2100 + 700 coins is about right if you really can't wait.

Think about it. It shouldn't be priced at all. Credits or otherwise. It should be done through a quest line like any other non lazy company would do these days. Not a subscriber? Buy it the same way it was available for the HK quest line way back. There is nothing sensible about what they've done here.

Think about it. It shouldn't be priced at all. Credits or otherwise. It should be done through a quest line like any other non lazy company would do these days. Not a subscriber? Buy it the same way it was available for the HK quest line way back. There is nothing sensible about what they've done here.

Treek is a mercenary. 83% of mercenaries work for whoever pays them.

From game design perspective, she is designed to fill those missing tank/healer roles that many classes lack in early game (Agents and Smuggler for example, they get their healer companions awfully late in the game). So making her "easy" to get seems like a good and sensible choice.

Completely not worth either currencies. Why it wasn't a quest line (free for subscribers) like what they did for HK, then unlocked through legacy exhibits yet more of the laziness and greed of Bioware. Less content for subscribers, more Cartel Market BS. Subscriptions become less and less meaningful. Bioware really is part of the dark side cause that deal (subscriptions) actually is getting worse all the time. Not surprising, but I saw this coming, and it's not over by a long shot. Through all the levels of approval you let this and so many other terrible decisions etc. in the past go live... Things that someone who actually cared would never allow it to see the light of day the way you presented it. You truly don't care anymore, and I can't support someone who doesn't care about their own product or its customers. We are no longer super important to you. That hasn't been for a very long time. As for this MMORPG project, you stopped caring a long time ago. Grats on your Cartel Market a.k.a life support system success. Sooner or later people get tired of it and move on.

Along-side of Treek we'll get CZ-198 Mission Area and 2 Flashpoints, role-neutral in SM which is quite new and was likely relatively tough to implent. Sure the more content we get the better, but it's not like all we get is a new companion, which would be a real slap in the face.

I'm personally quite excited to get more companions introduced. I liked a part of the HK-questline. The instanced parts were amazing, really fun and not too horrible if you have a lot of characters you wanted HK on. But the part where you had to search the planets was beyond horrible. Once the hype was gone you could spend hours and hours searching for the parts. I honestly didn't find it any fun when I helped a friend to get his a few weeks after HK was introduced and I'd never have done it for myself if I hadn't done it when everyone was looking for them the first days. It's much like a lot of other content they added. It's not a challange it's a mindless grind. (Such as Seeker Droid questline and the rewards included like Dreadseed armour.) And I'm really grateful Treek is not one of those horrible grinds, though I'd have loved a questline like the beginning and end of the HK-questline.

Surely legacy 40 and the credits are big grind aswell. Though for the Legacy level I'd like the argue that it seems to be a reward for dedication, which more or less goes hand-in-hand with Legacy (ofcourse certain aspects of the game offer more than others.) and the credits surely can be a grind for some people, how-ever you can decide how you want to acquire this. Let's face it, it either takes brains to get the 1 mil or a mind-less grind with dailies, it's possible for everyone! (Except f2p/preferred due to the creditcap.) Or grind real-life and pay a ridicilous amount for it.

Treek is a mercenary. 83% of mercenaries work for whoever pays them.

From game design perspective, she is designed to fill those missing tank/healer roles that many classes lack in early game (Agents and Smuggler for example, they get their healer companions awfully late in the game). So making her "easy" to get seems like a good and sensible choice.

83%?

What do the other 17% live off? Corpses?

83%?

What do the other 17% live off? Corpses?

The other 17% are willing to work for a cause, not just for the money.

83% mercenaries do not care what they do, as long as they get paid. The rest are more "choosy" and have some moral opinions.

Actually, I'm glad to see that it's obtainable without having to find a way past the "Hardcore Raider's Only" requirement. I mean, not that I mind, after all there should be cool stuff that only crawling through FPs and OPs with 7 friends all of you decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months should get but as someone who can't do all of that the last few updates have been:

"Oh, hey, neat! They've got a new planet! that would be fun to go... oh... ok... guess I'm not good enough to get that, Oh well."

"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a cool new companion that you can get! that would be fun to... oh... ok.... guess I"m not good enough to get that. Oh well."

"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a completely different type of mission available with new toys! That would be fun to see what happens with those seeds/the Shroud!... oh... ok..."

Treek though? Hey I've been playing and I do have the credits and the Legacy Level as a result even if I don't have 7 friends at all who play this game- much less have all of us decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months.

So, actually? I will be honest. Price point aside, I'm looking forward to Treek and am going to be trying to get her tomorrow night because from what I understand? For once- just this once, I am good enough to get that!!!!

:p !

I am sorry I was wanting one but now that I see that you have to be level 40 and drop 1 million credits for it is too darn high. I can use the 1 million credits for my guild that I made the other day. Plus why would I want to drop 2100 Cartel Coins when I can get other things for a cheaper price. I am sorry but if its on the Cartel Market it should only be at least 320 and at max 1200 Cartel Coins. I have been loyal to SWTOR even through the BS patch jobs that have screwed things up more than fixed them; but this has gone too far. Unless you put it to where its 320 to 1200 Cartel Coins, I won't be getting this and I will be letting my guild know not to waste their Cartel Coins on this. Great game by the way... Just fix the headless character on Tython LOL. Its the guy by the bridge that you talk to this old guy about this man and woman being in love.

Actually, I'm glad to see that it's obtainable without having to find a way past the "Hardcore Raider's Only" requirement. I mean, not that I mind, after all there should be cool stuff that only crawling through FPs and OPs with 7 friends all of you decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months should get but as someone who can't do all of that the last few updates have been:

"Oh, hey, neat! They've got a new planet! that would be fun to go... oh... ok... guess I'm not good enough to get that, Oh well."

"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a cool new companion that you can get! that would be fun to... oh... ok.... guess I"m not good enough to get that. Oh well."

"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a completely different type of mission available with new toys! That would be fun to see what happens with those seeds/the Shroud!... oh... ok..."

Treek though? Hey I've been playing and I do have the credits and the Legacy Level as a result even if I don't have 7 friends at all who play this game- much less have all of us decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months.

So, actually? I will be honest. Price point aside, I'm looking forward to Treek and am going to be trying to get her tomorrow night because from what I understand? For once- just this once, I am good enough to get that!!!!

:p !

Fail comment seriously.

They did a cop out cause they were to lazy to create a questchain for it. Now its just pay cash/credits and get it.

I am sorry I was wanting one but now that I see that you have to be level 40 and drop 1 million credits for it is too darn high. I can use the 1 million credits for my guild that I made the other day. Plus why would I want to drop 2100 Cartel Coins when I can get other things for a cheaper price. I am sorry but if its on the Cartel Market it should only be at least 320 and at max 1200 Cartel Coins. I have been loyal to SWTOR even through the BS patch jobs that have screwed things up more than fixed them; but this has gone too far. Unless you put it to where its 320 to 1200 Cartel Coins, I won't be getting this and I will be letting my guild know not to waste their Cartel Coins on this. Great game by the way... Just fix the headless character on Tython LOL. Its the guy by the bridge that you talk to this old guy about this man and woman being in love.

thats your choice to not get it. I am actually happy they finlaly decided to implement something with a HIGH legacy level.

i am at legacy 47 so i will definitely be spending the 1mil to unlock treek and the 300k to get her on alts.

320-1200 CC are you insane!!! this is possible the best healing companion and the best take all rolled into one. I got it with CC and thought that i was a reasonable price.

The other 17% are willing to work for a cause, not just for the money.

83% mercenaries do not care what they do, as long as they get paid. The rest are more "choosy" and have some moral opinions.

63.4512% of all statistics are made up :)

Cartel Coin Costs are too high for us poor folk, like there isn't stuff that all you Richy Rich players get to flaunt about. mmo's were better before incompetent players could just spend cash to beef up their chars. I realize that's just the way it is now, but that doesn't mean I gotta like it! Also Legacy level 40 and some quest should be enough to unlock Treek, not Legacy Level and 1mil creds. Legacy Level 40 takes alot of hard work to achieve and should be enough!

I still think the CC's cost is insane. HK-51 is super useful compared to this Ewok pet. His one shot ability has made fights so much easier when leveling. What I don't get is if they want to make money why price this so high? Personally I wont be getting it until the price goes down. As far as the legacy lvl 40 thing its stupid. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to sit at home all day and play this game from their mom's basement. Some of us have lives, wives, jobs and pets. While I do have characters at the level cap, I do play 4 other MMO's so star wars is not always the one I play with what little free time I have.

Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins for the rest of your characters. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 credits, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.

*sorry wasn't thinking straight originally

Which is it, 300,000 or 1,000,000

When I go to the vendor its a million and I am a living legend...