Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

In the process of leveling 5th 50 pub on the pot5 server. I have noticed some hilarious and frustrating things while queuing for flashpoints. Tank jedi knights with endurance/willpower sabers and aim/ endurance implants that wipe on the first boss. Sage healers with strength/endurance sabers. Jedi knight tanks with wrong stat weapons again that will que as damage role and stay in soresu the whole time taking aggro away from you. People needing for things they don't need for their class then equip them right after. Numerous people not letting the tank attack first and just aggroing everything to themself. People that won't listen to you on final bosses that will stand in the fire on cademinu after you told them not to. PLEASE people this game is not hard read up on it search the forums you make it frustrating for people that want a quick run through these for gear. I literally LOL when I see tanks in flashpoints with the wrong gear on and when I try and call these people out on it they magically never respond. :facepalm:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the process of leveling 5th 50 pub on the pot5 server. I have noticed some hilarious and frustrating things while queuing for flashpoints. Tank jedi knights with endurance/willpower sabers and aim/ endurance implants that wipe on the first boss. Sage healers with strength/endurance sabers. Jedi knight tanks with wrong stat weapons again that will que as damage role and stay in soresu the whole time taking aggro away from you. People needing for things they don't need for their class then equip them right after. Numerous people not letting the tank attack first and just aggroing everything to themself. People that won't listen to you on final bosses that will stand in the fire on cademinu after you told them not to. PLEASE people this game is not hard read up on it search the forums you make it frustrating for people that want a quick run through these for gear. I literally LOL when I see tanks in flashpoints with the wrong gear on and when I try and call these people out on it they magically never respond. :facepalm:

I have a sorc healer that i'm leveling on pot5. I have endurance crystals in my saber so what? +82 endurance on a lvl 10 toon scales pretty nice in pvp.

I have a sorc healer that i'm leveling on pot5. I have endurance crystals in my saber so what? +82 endurance on a lvl 10 toon scales pretty nice in pvp.

*** are you talking about? Lol I am saying numerous people I have been grouped with have strength/endurance sabers equipped and not willpower/endurance sabers because they don't know what the hell they are doing. Of course endurance doesn't matter.

As a member of PotF that has recently lvld up a republic side toon I can confirm there are many people like the OP described, but most of them seem to be on rep side. I mean imperials still have their share of bads, but man I dread logging on the republic side and having to tolerate such terrible players.

*** are you talking about? Lol I am saying numerous people I have been grouped with have strength/endurance sabers equipped and not willpower/endurance sabers because they don't know what the hell they are doing. Of course endurance doesn't matter.

The fact that wetslampigduex didn't know what you meant probably means that he's one of those people that you're talking about. Lol

Since you clearly don't know what you're talking about -- he's saying that numerous people are putting HILTS (not the crystal -- you do know that crystals aren't hilts...right?) that don't match their stats.

Having gear that adds more endurance is fine, as long as said gear also adds to your main stats. A Sage in +str gear is being stupid, no matter how much endurance the mods add.

More galling to me is the number of people who have no clue how to use their abilities, one guy appearantly didn't know there was a skill tree in the game!!

Who honestly cares? A lot of people are new to MMOs, have to start learning somewhere.

Although I have to say, everytime I see someone say "They just don't listen" when saying they are trying to help I just can't help but laugh. This is usually because their version of helping is to call them an idiot, whether inadvertently or otherwise.

And the other thing, have you thought about how scary it is as a new player to interact with people or admit you don't know something? It's bloody scary! No wonder so many just stay quiet with some of the responses they get.

Expecting people to know the game well for lowbie flashpoints is both unfair and unnecessary. As someone else said - you shouldn't have too much of a problem even if they stink. And if they do stink and won't listen to kind advice, just quit the group. It's not like it's your class quest or something.

Lol I'm new to mmos and was a bit confusing but by the hammer station fp i'd understood it. The fact there are peeps doing false emperor etc with the wrong stats is a bit ott, even if u are new to mmos. I've started just kicking tanks when they complain at me for not healing, I ask them 'are you sure that's the right form you're in' and they either say 'I dunno' or 'nah but this is better so i can dps too'....

eugh

Hmmm.... I have a few pet peeves when it comes to FPs and stuff. My #1 is when people que in GF for a spec they aren't spec'd for. And it does get frustrating as some HMs which I've done so easily before become un-winnable and take longer than they should because someone can't do their job, or worse they won't do the job.

Note, I'm not talking about newbies trying out HMs for the first time. I'll gladly help guide the "new kids" through the terrain and even fight all the bosses, including the bonus ones, so that they get geared. I was a newbie once and I'll be happy to help them get from where I was once to where I am now in however their class will let them go. But if a person isn't spec'd for the role they qued for and instead of perhaps re-speccing quickly or dropping the HM and letting us get someone else just try to wing it.... And oh what do you know, it doesn't work.... Other group members have to use their defensive cool downs and their medpacs go from 10 to 5 (yes, it's happened because of this issue) because the healing wasn't being done or done below very poorly, or DPS is getting aggro ALL the time instead of the tank in spite of them pushing the threat dump button regularly (hey, even newbies tanks can keep aggro off of me during a HM in spite of me being in Black Hole gear and they're only a mixture of tionese and columi if they're spec'd for tanking and know what they're doing), or we keep hitting the enrage timer because someone isn't spec'd to do the damage their class is more than capable of doing.... and all because someone decided they should que for HMs with a spec they aren't spec'd for and then become shocked when the outcomes could've been better.

OK, my rant is over, but I just had to throw it out there as it is relevant in ways to this post and is so frustrating.

I will admit it. January 2012 I was caught by a guildmate on Tatooine stuck in a class mission with my sawbone with knight gear on my chest piece (because it looked cool). The guildmate, did not yell, but explained to me what I was doing wrong and looking good was making the game harder on me than it was. That solo leveling a healer in my first MMO was going to be hard enough, I did not need to gimp myself further by wearing the wrong gear. I took his words to heart and I never asked for help for another mission again for my sawbones or any of my other toons now level 50.

I didn't do flashpoints outside of the guild leveling my sawbones, because it was my first MMO and my first time playing a healing class. Even heroics I either did not do them or I soloed them. That attitude changed when I leveled my operative, shadow and knight.

I have been demeaned once in a hmfp on my healer, before the flashpoint even started because I was not wearing my rakata shell top. The guy bemoaned me for a good 5 mins about needing the set bonus. I let him moan, ignored him until he threaten to kick me. I then said only two words Campaign Armoring. So before you give someone advise, think about how you are doing it and also make sure you know what you are talking about.

Edited by mikebevo

I've made it a habit to check gear prior to starting hm fps and Jesus Christ dude... OP us absolutely right. Hell just this past week i had some bad in my group who was geared improperly for the role they selected. I would guess 75 percent if my groups had an improperly geared player.

I think bioware needs to implement a mandatory tutorial or something

Expecting people to know the game well for lowbie flashpoints is both unfair and unnecessary. As someone else said - you shouldn't have too much of a problem even if they stink. And if they do stink and won't listen to kind advice, just quit the group. It's not like it's your class quest or something.

It's not just the lowbie flashpoints this happens in but also HM flashpoints. I have noticed a recent influx of players queing for HM's with a mix of level 30ish gear, Tanks using a majority of DPS gear, and players using stats on gear they shouldn't be.

At level 50, you are granted 99 Tionese coms and a full set of MK-2 Recruit gear... I really wish these players would take the time to pick them up.

If it makes you so mad to see these things happen maybe you should give them some advice instead of raging. Either that, or carry them through the flashpoint considering most people in this thread seem to have a god complex.

There is no reason to rage at someone for not understanding end game content.

Maybe you can let them know they can turn in a mission and get a sweet set of 51 tier pve gear? They would probably be very happy about it, and glad you told them.

Flashpoints can be two manned anyway, it's baby ****, no reason to rage at people in them who are starting out.

Also OP, I'm on pot5 as well.

Mind telling me your ign/guild so I can avoid you or hassle your gear? If you are not min maxed then it is fairly ironic to hassle people about the gear they are using, because you have the same problem. Hit me up, I'll give you some pointers :)

Edited by Nekrall

Being a newbie (45 years old, having played SWG only for 3 weeks total), I can speak from experience this past week.

Things I didn't know before flashpoints.

1. I didn't know the difference between greed and need. Got yelled at and passed on everything from then on. Kind of figured it out now, though.

2. Being a sentinel, I kind of recognized I needed stuff with strength, I don't think it is hard to recognize what you need for your class.

3. I can't type and fight at the same time in flashpoints. I don't know how you guys do it.

4. Shouldn't they, Bioware, let you trade items dropped in Flashpoints? It would do a lot to cool hard feelings for people who don't know the difference and pick up something they don't need but another group member needs. I would have gladly traded but the stuff is bounded.

3. I can't type and fight at the same time in flashpoints. I don't know how you guys do it.

After a couple years (myself being at 15+), you get used to it

4. Shouldn't they, Bioware, let you trade items dropped in Flashpoints? It would do a lot to cool hard feelings for people who don't know the difference and pick up something they don't need but another group member needs. I would have gladly traded but the stuff is bounded.

You can as long as the individual you are trading with participated in the same group as you.

Edited by haliy

actually SWTOR is better then most MMO's in helping you figure out what sort of stats you need. when I just started playing, I was pretty confused (especially about stims you are given/can find). by the time I was about lvl 7, I was mostly unconfused, because quest rewards you get are specifically itemized for your class. you don't get 3-4 pieces of gear to chose from, all different stats - you get gear that only works for you (or your companions, but in that case, it actually has their names on it). and even then I ended up running into trouble questing on quesh, because I wasn't upgrading my gear properly (i would end up spending all my comms on a new orange shell or two, and not have any left over to upgrade the rest of my gear, and since I'd pick coms instead of gear as a reward, didn't even have those greens to fall back on)

people learn at different speeds. not everyone is good at video games. you can get mad at them. you can just leave the group and let them continue floundering. or you could try to help them. nicely. I've done all 3. getting mad was the most unproductive choice.

I'm also on POT5 and I haven't really had any problems in the lowbie FPs (currently leveling a dps jugg and a healing commando). Maybe I've just been lucky.

Do I have problems with pug heroic FPs? Hell yes, it feels like either the tank or healer is completely incompetent in every single one I queue for. I'm sure I get a lot of incompetent dps too, but as a campaign/dread guard geared lightning sorc, I can usually carry dps (unless it's a gimmick fight).

I still don't understand how anyone can truly be awful at this game. The fights are not that hard to figure out and most classes are really easy to play (with a few exceptions, of course. Maras come to mind. That class has a ridiculously high skill cap). I'm pretty sure my mother, who has never played a video game in her life, could learn to play SWTOR if she really wanted to. I have no sympathy for baddies who feel like they don't need to lern2play because they are a SPECIAL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE WHO IS PERFECT THE WAY THEY ARE. They shouldn't be queuing for heroics if they are unwilling to play (at the very least) somewhat optimally.

Edited by Beslley

I see a few whiners in here so let me explain...yea I understand newbies might not understand flashpoint the first time you know it happens....but wrong stat gear? Seriously? My 11 year old little brother could figure out the right gear to have on here is no excuse for that. It's honestly not that big of a deal I just find it hilarious when I see people do the **** I listed.

11 year old brother....so im guessing your....15-16ish at BEST given your point of view. First off junior you need to up your tolerance lvl and lay off the monster while listening to beiber and wishing miley cyrus knew you were are a blip on the radar of life or what ever you kids do these days. Its easy as **** to reach 50 no matter your gear so you could be all "WHAT EVER BRO" to some 9-10 year old who actually think they are playing a game and not some site for socially disfunctional kids who think they are keyboard gods.

Ive come across a lot of people who didnt know thier *** from a hole in the ground but i spent 25-30 min answering questions and HELPING them understand and dont give me "well they are 50" BS....you have no idea the situation that has them where they are,all your concerned with is if they meet your standards of game play, your just assuming they should know...well guess what squirt here is a real life lesson...and no its not about a 360 degree, no scope shot for a head kill. normally when you assume you make an "***" out of yourself.:ph_good_post: