Download time of game is hours

Brundhila

Hello, I hope something can be done. I renewed my sub for a month and started downloading the game and after 12 hours its still downloading. The download rate is very slow. Anyone else have this problem? I am on cable internet and my downloads for other games usually flies. Edited by Brundhila

I share this issue too, which, I can even handle the long times if it didn't bug out and get corrupted by their own stupid Bitraider files. Add that, and the patching for the new expansion has been nothing but a nightmare for me, too.

I never had issues with Bitraider, with the launcher, anything, ever until 6.0. So, I have to think they changed something seeing my PC been the same for over a year now, and I just started having problems when 6.0 launched.

Well, i was setting up swtor on a virtual machine and couldnt get it to work so i ended but using various windows (windows 7, vista, 8...) I had to download the game each time, so i downloaded the game like 8 times over the weekend, with no issues. Maybe its your internet :)

Well, i was setting up swtor on a virtual machine and couldnt get it to work so i ended but using various windows (windows 7, vista, 8...) I had to download the game each time, so i downloaded the game like 8 times over the weekend, with no issues. Maybe its your internet :)

It's a fact that some people have issues with their launcher and others do not. I used to be in the group with no issues, for years in fact. Now I have problems with their launcher/patcher.

Even Owen points this out in his instructional on how to get rid of Bitraider. For some, Bitraider works fine while for others it does not.

Now, is it Bitraider causing this person troubles, I don't know. You could be right, it might be their internet, but I can say for a fact my issues are not internet related so that tells me the OP could be having issues that are caused by the game's own launcher, not their internet.

There are two things that affect the speed of download and installation:

* Speed of download

* Speed of installation

The two parts do not run in parallel. The patcher-installer downloads a chunk and then installs it, then moves on to the next chunk. The chunks are *not* small, and a variety of things can make the "install" phase slow:

* Failure to use an SSD

* Antivirus software that wants to inspect things.

* Both of the above at the same time.

* Any or all of the above in combination with Windows 10 being ready-ish to update, so Windows Modules Installer Worker is hammering the disk.

The download phases are determined by server load, Internet access rate, bandwidth sharing between you and your neighbours for backhaul access ("contention ratio"), and competition with other SWOTRites at the download servers themselves.

Oh, and also your local network capacity. WiFi, in particular, can be slow, especially if there's lots of other traffic on it, or you're using WPA (as opposed to WPA2), which is limited to 54 Mbps.

By myself on gigabit cabled Ethernet backed by 1 Gbps-down fibre, installing onto a PCIe-mode M.2 SSD, it goes lickety-split, but that's pretty much the best possible configuration. Sorry.

I have my computer built into my Flashfire, and since I am always on my computer, I am always in the cockpit. Downloads and installs in like one nanosecond, whenever I stop being mad at the game and decide to re-install it. Is your internet or computer hooked up to a bomber by any chance? That could explain the slow speed. Of course, you should be right next to a satellite, so perhaps not. Are you even in space? :cool: Edited by ForfiniteStories