Set bonuses are extremely weak at best, usually worthless

Eanke

I do wonder if person responsible for set bonuses even play this game.

I main sith sorcerer and have jedi shadow alt. All shadow sets are pretty much useless, offering nothing worth of note. So for solo play generic taskmaster's set buffing companion seems best option, for group play all 7 amplifiers will give the most i believe.

For sorcerers both dps sets require to use escape ability called speed boost as part of rotation in order to get some minor damage increase, really working as intended? 2 healing sets, first one offers minot dark heal buff. Speaking honestly i wouldn't even have dark heal on my quick bar if it didnt have instant cast proc. Second heal set is actually only good set i have found, it buffs main heal ability in a good enough way.

Most multi class set bonuses look like thinly veiled trolling, who else would think +2% crit rating while under 50% hp is great set bonus i mean.

Edited by Eanke

Have you checked Death Knell for Shadows? It's one of the best set boni of the entire lot, all classes included. Most especially for Infiltration, it makes a ton of difference but it's good for Serenity, too. And we also have some pretty great, useful and fun tacticals. Kinetic has less outstanding choices for a set bonus to be sure, but on the tacticals front is in a better spot than other classes, I feel.

Have you checked Death Knell for Shadows? It's one of the best set boni of the entire lot, all classes included. Most especially for Infiltration, it makes a ton of difference but it's good for Serenity, too. And we also have some pretty great, useful and fun tacticals. Kinetic has less outstanding choices for a set bonus to be sure, but on the tacticals front is in a better spot than other classes, I feel.

My shadow's main spec is tank, for dps i prefer serenity. Overall i have full revitalized set (one that buffs innervate) on sorcerer and 4 taskmaster's items on shadow (-20% cd and guess same 20% increased att speed for companion). Death knell buffs melee damage, that means abilities with 4m range, right? Neither kinetic nor serenity have many of those, for kintetic all rotational abilities have 10m, 4m strikes and kicks are only occasionally used fillers).

I am around cap now, gotta buy something before tomorrow's reset. At this point i am thinking to buy random pieces that costs frags only, cba to pay credits for set items i have no desire to use.

If people want set bonuses adjusted, make a thread and post the gimpy sets and include ways to make them better.

That's the good thing with so many gear sets and tacticals, etc., the devs really have many ways to adjust class performance now with so many different tools available.

I view each tactical and gear set as a tool. Hopefully they make gimped set bonuses and tacticals better to match the others that are already well-developed.

My shadow's main spec is tank, for dps i prefer serenity. Overall i have full revitalized set (one that buffs innervate) on sorcerer and 4 taskmaster's items on shadow (-20% cd and guess same 20% increased att speed for companion). Death knell buffs melee damage, that means abilities with 4m range, right? Neither kinetic nor serenity have many of those, for kintetic all rotational abilities have 10m, 4m strikes and kicks are only occasionally used fillers).

I am around cap now, gotta buy something before tomorrow's reset. At this point i am thinking to buy random pieces that costs frags only, cba to pay credits for set items i have no desire to use.

Death Knell is the best SB for Serenity as well. It shortens Force Potency's cooldown and makes Spinning Strike an autocrit during FP's window and yeah, it buffs melee damage and while that's a little more significant for Infiltration, it's still a very nice buff for Serenity (Spinning Strike and Serenity Strike with all 3 dots especially). The two have always shared a SB before after all.

And people have been using it for Kinetic as well for a more offensive build (you're still going to use spinning strike and maul quite a bit, even if they have lower priority) plus Force Potency is also a defensive cd for a tank, so having it available more often is probably nice, especially now that they've removed the damage reduction from force speed.

Tactician Set + Acid Lash tactical is an absolute beast right now for Scrapper Scoundrels in PVE. So set bonuses are actually quite good, but may need an appropriate tactical to hit their potential.

But some other class/spec set bonuses are very underwhelming.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Set bonuses never were all that special.

This.

I'm glad we finally got something different after so long. Just a shame that everybody is in BiS gear before getting around to touching ops. There is simply no more reward for doing HM/NiM ops since 5.0 and even more so in 6.0.

I like doing harder content but progression your gear was part of progression raiding and now there is just the repair costs and pointless rewards left. Not really what I was hoping for I admit.

I'm glad we finally got something different after so long. Just a shame that everybody is in BiS gear before getting around to touching ops. There is simply no more reward for doing HM/NiM ops since 5.0 and even more so in 6.0.

I like doing harder content but progression your gear was part of progression raiding and now there is just the repair costs and pointless rewards left. Not really what I was hoping for I admit.

I'd be happy if the HM and NiM dropped crafting mats TBH. Right now they drop the same stuff as SM.