The Ebon Hawk

OneDon

OK (firstly and seperately I think the Exile, Revan and T3-M4 all died near pointlessly and unceremoniously for such iconic characters).

That said, their stories have been bought to a close. But what of the Ebon Hawk, the ship that in part made the KOTOR series so memorable.

Was it's fate ever explained?

OK (firstly and seperately I think the Exile, Revan and T3-M4 all died near pointlessly and unceremoniously for such iconic characters).

That said, their stories have been bought to a close. But what of the Ebon Hawk, the ship that in part made the KOTOR series so memorable.

Was it's fate ever explained?

I'm hoping for a mission later on where you get to find the Ebon Hawk. It has historical significance to TOR, imo.

Also, Revan isn't dead, as far as the Game is concerned. He most probably used Fold Space to escape at the end of the fight in Foundry.

Revan's totally dead until they decide otherwise. His flash of light ending was just an easy way to accomplish that just in case they do actually decide to go through with it.

I'm not sure I want to find the Ebon Hawke, it might just make me sad. Does the book go into detail about what happened to it?

Revan isn't dead. He disappeared at the end of the Foundry fight because they have no intention of killing the most recognizable character of the Old Republic series. Whenever they feel like bringing him back for something, his disappearance will be explained away.

Revan's totally dead until they decide otherwise. His flash of light ending was just an easy way to accomplish that just in case they do actually decide to go through with it.

I'm not sure I want to find the Ebon Hawke, it might just make me sad. Does the book go into detail about what happened to it?

Negative, Revan's fate is unknown and purposely ambiguous. If he were truly 100% dead, BW would never have changed it from beta when you looted his corpse.

Now for all we know he is dead, one with the Force or he used Fold Space and he's off planning his Sith genocide.

The fate of the Ebon Hawk is unknown, after Revan and Meetra Surik did their thing on DK, it must have sat there unclaimed,been destroyed or seized by the Empire or some other person or faction. I'd like to see it in future content.

Given how Bioware has described The Foundry ending I think it's fairer to assume he's dead until we're told otherwise rather than the reverse. They said that they changed the ending "in case they decide to bring him back" implying they hadn't yet made that choice as of the Foundry. Edited by OldVengeance

All depends on how you look at things. But I prefer to go with the golden rule of horror movies,suspense novels and games: "If you don't see a body, it isn't dead."(guess you could add in "if you do see the body make sure to empty a clip in it/stab it/set it on fire just to be sure"to that as well)

All depends on how you look at things. But I prefer to go with the golden rule of horror movies,suspense novels and games: "If you don't see a body, it isn't dead."(guess you could add in "if you do see the body make sure to empty a clip in it/stab it/set it on fire just to be sure"to that as well)

You forgot "And decapitate and mince the head"

Given how Bioware has described The Foundry ending I think it's fairer to assume he's dead until we're told otherwise rather than the reverse. They said that they changed the ending "in case they decide to bring him back" implying they hadn't yet made that choice as of the Foundry.

That's exactly the point. If they wanted to kill him, they would have shown him die and his corpse lying there as you loot it. Instead he disappeared so he could be brought back later. Whether that happens in a coming patch or another KOTOR sequel on the next Xbox or an EU novel 10 years from now, he's not dead.

As far as the issue of Revan is concerned, he may or may not be dead. If there is some reason for him to come back, they will bring him back. He could reappear, but turn Dark and face the Jedi. Or he could come back to attack the Empire again, or realize the Foundry was affecting his judgement and help the players rather than seek to annihilate the Sith species. Or he may be dead and appear as a Force Ghost to give instruction. There's any number of things that can happen.

The same can be said about Malgus. You knock him over the railing at the end, but you don't see him die. Just fall. And we all know these guys can survive falling.

Now as for the Ebon Hawk....I'd want it. Steal it, upgrade it, and go around smiting people with it.

Revan went into the Unknown Regions, I think that they are called that for a reason. It probably is floating around somewhere and we all know that ships can last a lifetime, just look at the Millineum Falcon.:)

While the Exile, and T3 are dead, Bastila is probably dead, as are the non-force users from KOTOR 1 and 2, Revan most likely isn't.

The Ebon Hawk is probably still out there somewhere. Maybe there'll be a Flashpoint or something where we find it, or maybe where we find a crashed Ebon Hawk or something. Who knows.

Revan went into the Unknown Regions, I think that they are called that for a reason. It probably is floating around somewhere and we all know that ships can last a lifetime, just look at the Millineum Falcon.:)

Revan went into the Unknown Regions and eventually found Dromund Kaas. As far as I can remember from the Revan novel, the Ebon Hawk was left there, presumably close to or in Kaas City; so it is not floating around in space. Unless of course someone hijacked it,claimed it for their own etc "offscreen".

That's exactly the point. If they wanted to kill him, they would have shown him die and his corpse lying there as you loot it. Instead he disappeared so he could be brought back later. Whether that happens in a coming patch or another KOTOR sequel on the next Xbox or an EU novel 10 years from now, he's not dead.

Or it could happen not at all. Or they could have him appear later in the game as a Force Ghost. Point is it's not really accurate to presume he's alive based only on an ambiguous death scene. Especially when Bioware has said they haven't decided yet to bring him back.

We might very well see Revan again. I wouldn't be surprised at all, but until then IMO it makes more sense to role with the idea that he was killed by the Empire's forces in the Foundry because that's essentially what we have been presented with so far.

Regarding the Ebon Hawke, isn't the Smuggler's ship almost exactly the same model?

Edited by OldVengeance

Similar in shape, however the internal design was much different and it's outward appearance was also changed to make it more original.

This is the Ebon Hawk. And this is the Millennium Falcon. The Hawk's cockpit is located in the front-middle of the ship, while the Falcon's is located on the North-East side. Next we have the XS Stock Light Freighter, the Smuggler ship. The difference between this and the Falcon is it was more flipped over. The shape and design of the Falcon with that of the XS Freighter is nearly identical with only a few cosmetic differences.

While the Exile, and T3 are dead, Bastila is probably dead, as are the non-force users from KOTOR 1 and 2, Revan most likely isn't.

The Ebon Hawk is probably still out there somewhere. Maybe there'll be a Flashpoint or something where we find it, or maybe where we find a crashed Ebon Hawk or something. Who knows.

Given that there's approximately 300 years in between the events of the two KOTORs, I think it's safe to assume that Bastila and all of the companions from that era are dead. Satele Shan is listed as a descendent of Bastila Shan and if she had met Revan, that meeting must have been extremely awkward.

• 9 months later...
As far as the issue of Revan is concerned, he may or may not be dead. If there is some reason for him to come back, they will bring him back. He could reappear, but turn Dark and face the Jedi. Or he could come back to attack the Empire again, or realize the Foundry was affecting his judgement and help the players rather than seek to annihilate the Sith species. Or he may be dead and appear as a Force Ghost to give instruction. There's any number of things that can happen.

The same can be said about Malgus. You knock him over the railing at the end, but you don't see him die. Just fall. And we all know these guys can survive falling.

Now as for the Ebon Hawk....I'd want it. Steal it, upgrade it, and go around smiting people with it.

Or they could put revan in the new KOTOR 3, the guys who want a KOTOR 3 would be happy, the guys who wanted a good star wars MMO would be happy, everyone's happy

Edited by Deadspacelover

Given that there's approximately 300 years in between the events of the two KOTORs, I think it's safe to assume that Bastila and all of the companions from that era are dead. Satele Shan is listed as a descendent of Bastila Shan and if she had met Revan, that meeting must have been extremely awkward.

Revan is Satele's grandfather, so I don't know if it would be awkward so much as it would be amusing.

I would almost prefer Revan to be dead for certain here. He was an incredible character in the original KotOR, and KotOR II built on that legacy. The Revan novel was, IMO, rather poorly written. It essentially served to shoe in a number of RetCons concerning the Sith Emperor's plans/preparations, and it twisted the motivations of Revan's character in some stupid ways. When Revan turned out to still be alive, and turned up in the Foundry not wearing his mask... it was just awful.

BioWare is sort of on its way to making him into the Worf of Star Wars. A character who is paraded out only to get beaten by some new character to show how powerful that new character is. If he is turned into a "recurring boss" or anything of that nature, I may have to file lawsuits against BioWare for defaming his character....

• 10 months later...
The Ebon Hawk got blown up over some planet (can't remember which one), so it's pieces of scrap metal, as unceremonious and pointless a death as the others.

Clearly you have not read the canonical version of the games either way in the end the last place the Ebon Hawk was know to be is on dromund kaas when the exile went there to free revan and then revan was imprisoned Scourge killed the exile and T3 (poor little T3) was destroyed nothing was ever said about the hawks place the empire probably moved it somewhere.