Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

StephenReid

To whom it may concern at BioWare/EA:

Why not do a new world event forcing Imperial players and Republic players to work together against a common enemy? The whole, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing. Seeing as we have the CHISS race, why couldn't we explore another possibility...? Why not a world event that pits the Empire and Republic against the Yuuzhan Vong?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong

If the Chiss are somehow in this game thousands of years before their peak, why not have the Yuuzhan Vong play a role in this game in the form of a massive world event?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not do a new world event forcing Imperial players and Republic players to work together against a common enemy? The whole, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing. Seeing as we have the CHISS race, why couldn't we explore another possibility...? Why not a world event that pits the Empire and Republic against the Yuuzhan Vong?

If the Chiss are somehow in this game thousands of years before their peak, why not have the Yuuzhan Vong play a role in this game in the form of a massive world event?

Because that would break the Lucas approved timeline of when they appeared

Excellent suggestion.

I'm sure Lucas wouldn't mind because, well, he's got no saying in the matter anymore.

Excellent suggestion.

I'm sure Lucas wouldn't mind because, well, he's got no saying in the matter anymore.

Thanks! I think it actually is a great idea. :)

The Chiss are already in the game and shouldn't be here yet. Why not add them? This could be their first expeditionary force that comes to this part of the galaxy, a first legion if you will. The rest come later (in the approved time frame).

I hate the Yuuzhan Vong with a passion and cannot wait until this stupid "ultra-evil overlord that is way more advanced than anything else" race is purged from the canon in the new trilogy.

Why not fell them by your own hand? :rak_04:

I'm pretty sure that Canderous Ordo saw a Vong Cruiser/scout.

/support the idea of a Yuuzhan Vong event.

...seriously though. Did the Rakata really just roll over and accept their fate after Revan crashed on Lehon?

dubious.

Gotta love necroing those threads. Moddable outfits, future planets, future events... None of them got responded to and the funniest thing is that most devs with their names mentioned in the opening posts are not working here anymore.

lol :(

It is sort of funny to look back on all of their outlandish claims.

• 2 months later...

I think the Krayt Dragon would be an excellent addition to Tatooine, and a Krayt Event centered around it would be interesting. If there were Krayt Pearl rare loot drops, that had perhaps some enhanced crafting purpose, such as for an enhanced Color Crystal that has more than +41 to stats (maybe just a little extra +Endurance?), or a special high-end adrenal that provides 15 uses. Or a high-end set of Augment schematics that require a Krayt Pearl. These new schematics could be sold by the Krayt Event vendors.

There are some interesting factoids about Krayt Dragons. Did you know it's suspected that they're descendants of Star Dragons? Those dragons could fly in space!

There's an original thread about the idea of a Krayt Dragon event.

I think the Krayt Dragon would be an excellent addition to Tatooine, and a Krayt Event centered around it would be interesting. If there were Krayt Pearl rare loot drops, that had perhaps some enhanced crafting purpose, such as for an enhanced Color Crystal that has more than +41 to stats (maybe just a little extra +Endurance?), or a special high-end adrenal that provides 15 uses. Or a high-end set of Augment schematics that require a Krayt Pearl. These new schematics could be sold by the Krayt Event vendors.

There are some interesting factoids about Krayt Dragons. Did you know it's suspected that they're descendants of Star Dragons? Those dragons could fly in space!

There's an original thread about the idea of a Krayt Dragon event.

Thanks for the +1! :D