Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

Aurojiin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, working now

Actually , they're broken again (the skill tree builds on the first post)

Now showing 23-4-2 builds

This is annoying. I should take sreenshots of the builds I like rather than bookmarking them

Hey, Auro, what do you think about taking the Battlemaster + Columi set bonus (using the shells with black hole gear). The 2 piece for the PvP gear seems like it would be useful.

Mixed feelings. It's definitely a bigger potential HPS boost than the PVE 4-piece. On the other hand, I prefer to be conservative with bubbles, only rotating them on the tank and saving them for emergencies in DPS/other healers.

Honestly, though, it'll probably do more for you than the PVE 4-piece, which you can quite happily live without.

• 1 month later...

Aurojin! "waves hands"

After mentoring a few new sages and trying some tricks out on my own, here are some things I think you can add to the guide :-)

1) Salvation on Single Targets.

I find that new healers in boss fights hesistate to use salvation on the tank. Even if the salvation ends up on a single target it is still a pretty potent heal. The heal takes time so when to use it is important (next portion on predictive vs reactive healing). How to land it also requires a bit of practice.

One thing I have experimented on is kephess hm.. Salvation on the tank during the last phase is severely underestimated. If cast at the right time (during the tank swaps) it can be very effective.

new healers often overlook this and its understandable as we tend to think its a AOE.

2) predictive vs reactive healing

In all fight components, there are largely these two components. I've found that some new healers struggle with the reactive component. The predictive component can be learnt over time. So I reckon you could probably split the guide up this way. I have always advocated pvp as a way to learn the reactive component but well, its not everyone's domain =/

The reactive component includes:

a) Prioritizing abilities (the guide has this, eggggcellent)

b) Force Potency: To hit, or not to hit it

c) Deliverance vs The Rest (Because Deliverance has the highest cast time so naturally this decision will be important)

d) Who should I heal? (Tank vs DPS covered in the guide)

3) Interesting note on set bonuses

I have been testing out both set bonuses and... To be honest whatever your guide states is right. Only the first set bonus matters.

I tend to use Force Bubble as an emergency

I will update this post when I get back home.. Just jotting down some notes and thoughts that struck me

Edited by eventidephoenix

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, this guide is great! I couldn't have made the transition to healing without it.

Regarding the relics...I knew from the start that I had no interest in PvP (that's just how I am), and thus could never get the BiS War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages. So I saved up and bought the Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages, to pair with my Matrix Cube. But I recently realized that the Champion Relic of Boundless Ages (which you can buy at a PvP vendor for a measly 11k--no PvP required!) actually beats it in terms of bonus healing (though it does have less endurance). Even assuming that I ALWAYS use the campaign relic when it's off of cooldown (which I don't) so that it's active 25% of the time, my average bonus healing (= bonus healing w/ relic activated * 0.25 + bonus healing w/o * 0.75) is less than my bonus healing with the champion relic equipped. The campaign relic is still best for bosses with specific phases of higher damage, but I've decided that in most cases, I'd rather have the higher consistent healing offered by the champion relic. Makes me sad that an 11k-credit PvP relic would be better for PvE than the 200-daily comm PvE top-tier relic, but that's how it looks. I haven't happened upon any theory crafting proving this, though this link about BiS Sage/Sorc dps also ranks the champion relic above everything in PvE except for the Matrix Cube.

• 3 weeks later...
As this is a sticky, it would also be nice to see UI customizations.

I think UI is a pretty subjective thing, but I'll add a few notes on it tomorrow. Going to update for 1.4 and respond to some of the recent posts. Been busy lately and have just kept putting this guide on the to-do list.

war hero relics are definitely BiS now... the elite war hero ones +120 power... gosh 8k Deliverances, sweeeeeeeeeet :)

btw aurojin i'm taking a short break from the game now, but I have something which I think is worth investigating ^^. Given the new DG set, willpower will easily hit North of 2400 with a stim. I heard from a guildie if it hits that it will hit a new formula range of adding 0.14 bonus instead of 0.19. I heard the DR for crit beyond 2400 hits even harder. I dunno where he got that info from, but could you verify that?

If so stacking willpower will not be a good idea anymore. Not to mention there are a lot of 27A mods out there. Which means dealing with BiS will involve a lot of power stacking rather than willpower. :tran_eek:

Edited by eventidephoenix

btw aurojin i'm taking a short break from the game now, but I have something which I think is worth investigating ^^. Given the new DG set, willpower will easily hit North of 2400 with a stim. I heard from a guildie if it hits that it will hit a new formula range of adding 0.14 bonus instead of 0.19. I heard the DR for crit beyond 2400 hits even harder. I dunno where he got that info from, but could you verify that?

He got that info from his a** ;)

Willpower is definitively better than Power for sages to around 9,000 or so. Furthermore, Willpower has always added a base bonus healing of 0.14, while Power adds 0.17.

To be fair, the regular War Hero relics were always BiS mathematically for healers; the Elite War Hero relics more so. I'll still keep running a Campaign burst relic because I feel it's more useful. Most of the time I already have more HPS than I need, but when icky stuff hits the fan the Campaign relic becomes much more appreciable than the PVP version. As always, YMMV.

Edited by Aurojiin

He got that info from his a** ;)

Willpower is definitively better than Power for sages to around 9,000 or so. Furthermore, Willpower has always added a base bonus healing of 0.14, while Power adds 0.17.

To be fair, the regular War Hero relics were always BiS mathematically for healers; the Elite War Hero relics more so. I'll still keep running a Campaign burst relic because I feel it's more useful. Most of the time I already have more HPS than I need, but when icky stuff hits the fan the Campaign relic becomes much more appreciable than the PVP version. As always, YMMV.

when icky stuff hits the fan, adrenal :p

But yea I don't have the time to farm two war hero relics, so I'm going straight for the campaign relic when I get back lol... That gives me two healing cooldowns :)

• 3 weeks later...
Can you please explain why you believe that willpower is better than power up to 9000 or so?

I'll let Kitru do all the hard work for me.

To explain this, Willpower adds to Bonus Damage at a slower rate than Power does. Willpower is only more valuable because it also adds to crit rate (at a substantially diminished rate compared to Crit rating, but also on a completely different DR curve that is *way* more shallow than any other). When WP gets sufficiently high, the diminishing returns on Willpower's crit contribution will reduce the benefit such that the Bonus Damage contributions are the only appreciable addition and, as such, Power becomes more valuable.

• 3 weeks later...

I may not be following this thread properly..

I have approx 2160 willpower, 35% crit, 75% surge. That is with consular buff and the biochem bop stim. If I'm reading this thread correctly I should continue to stack willpower. However when I swapped out the end/power augment for the end/wp augment my bonus healing dropped.

So shouldn't I be looking at keeping the crit where it is the surge where it is and start stacking power as this will give more to healing? I'm not sure I'm following this 9000 amount?

Thanks.

I have approx 2160 willpower, 35% crit, 75% surge. That is with consular buff and the biochem bop stim. If I'm reading this thread correctly I should continue to stack willpower. However when I swapped out the end/power augment for the end/wp augment my bonus healing dropped.

To put it in a nutshell: your bonus healing drops and your crit rate rises. On balance, the increase in crit chance increases your average healing done more than the loss of bonus healing reduces it.

Merry Christmas, my fellow Dalborran.

Edited by Aurojiin

• 2 weeks later...
To put it in a nutshell: your bonus healing drops and your crit rate rises. On balance, the increase in crit chance increases your average healing done more than the loss of bonus healing reduces it.

Merry Christmas, my fellow Dalborran.

Ok, thanks for that.

Happy new year! :D

Ok, so I have a question then. I have about 2350 wp with full raid buffs and exotech stim, my power currently sits at about 780, crit is at 39.85%(again, with buffs) and crit and surge are both at about 280ish. I have all campaign/dread guard gear, but i spent some time replacing all 26A/27A mods (the ones that favor wp vs. power) with 26/27s which favor have more power (41/44 respectivley) sacrificing the extra wp. Was I wrong in doing this? And should I now go back and replace all those mods and enhancemets with the wp heavy ones? I am not having any problems healing in progression raids and my heals are always super high with my gear now, but I still want to max out my healing potential. My current relics are the dread guard proc healing relic and the matrix cube(which I am replacing with the dread guard power use relic after reading this forum(I actually wish I had read it sooner, because I have already REed two dread guard power use relics, just for the mats and a chance at the recipe in order to sell some on the GTN). I orginally thought I should keep the "A" mods and enahncements, feeling that wp is bettewr than power, but was then told otherwise and persuaded to change by other sage healers who were beating me out occasionally on the charts stacking power (one such healer had over 1200 power with PVP relics). I dont PVP so those relics have never been an option for me.

Ok, so I have a question then. I have about 2350 wp with full raid buffs and exotech stim, my power currently sits at about 780, crit is at 39.85%(again, with buffs) and crit and surge are both at about 280ish. I have all campaign/dread guard gear, but i spent some time replacing all 26A/27A mods (the ones that favor wp vs. power) with 26/27s which favor have more power (41/44 respectivley) sacrificing the extra wp. Was I wrong in doing this? And should I now go back and replace all those mods and enhancemets with the wp heavy ones? I am not having any problems healing in progression raids and my heals are always super high with my gear now, but I still want to max out my healing potential. My current relics are the dread guard proc healing relic and the matrix cube(which I am replacing with the dread guard power use relic after reading this forum(I actually wish I had read it sooner, because I have already REed two dread guard power use relics, just for the mats and a chance at the recipe in order to sell some on the GTN). I orginally thought I should keep the "A" mods and enahncements, feeling that wp is bettewr than power, but was then told otherwise and persuaded to change by other sage healers who were beating me out occasionally on the charts stacking power (one such healer had over 1200 power with PVP relics). I dont PVP so those relics have never been an option for me.

I believe that willpower > power when compared to in a 1:1 basis. When switching from 27 to 27A, you will end up with +16 willpower at the cost of -31 power. I believe that loss is a bit too much based on what I've read from this thread.

• 1 month later...

As a relatively new, less than a week of play, player to this game I am sorta disappointed by a lot of responces on the OP guide. It seems to be a guide to assist players who are starting out and even states it's not an end all guide. I found it helpful since I was thinking of making a seer.

What I'm disappointed at is all the comments on pages to follow trying to pick it apart in what I saw were rather mean ways. There were a few discussions on differences of of play-style that gave me something to think about. What I'm referring to is just bashing or out right accusing OP of being wrong. If you don't have anything constructive don't post on these guides since newer players like myself come here to see what we are getting ourselves into before we just jump right in.

Edited by RaineyDaze
spelling errors

• 1 month later...

The high stats weighted mods/enhancements are not worth it, they give up too many stats for no real gain. Especially when wp and power give pretty close to the same amount of weighting. Obvioulsy never go for high end mods/enhancements/armourings.

You should definitely get rid of your proc relic for an on use one and you should also at least get a WH relic in place of the matrix shard, as the matrix shard is pretty hopeless. Getting a WH relic should take no time at all now, and even an EWH relic doesn't take long either.

I gotta ask what is your current progression ops consisting of? Because if you are in TFB, then yeh you won't have much trouble healing, but going into ecnm its completely different and you will really see how hard healing can be, and you will want to be fully optimized gear.

To be fully optimized, its essentially get crit/surge/alacrity to around 300ish and then everything else is power. Always high wp armourings and augments. Fully geared, your wp will be just above 2380 fully buffed. As well as crit ~40%, surge ~76%, alacrity ~10%. Then rest is power, I can't remember what power should be at, but i think its about 940 with the on use dread guard and EWH relics.