Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playable race : Voss

DavidAtkinson
09.15.2019 , 06:55 AM | #1
I am on on Voss again, doing JK story for the millionth time and I really like these Voss people. They are beautiful to me and I think they'd make a great playable race.

Any chance for this to ever happen ? I don't think I saw any threads about it.....
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

TonyTricicolo
09.15.2019 , 07:04 AM | #2
Voss would be awesome however I think they're a special model body type of super tall and skinny. I don't recall ever seeing a BT1,2, 3, or 4 of them. (I'm sure someone can point out an instance.) If that were possible, then the new Body type(5) can be introduced as well. They certainly have a gorgeous palette of colors to play with. An artistic natured person's dream.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

JediQuaker
09.15.2019 , 07:17 AM | #3
The Voss seem to be all mystical and peaceful. It may be reasonable to see them as some sort of Jedi Consular, but I'd have a hard time picturing them as any Imp class or Smuggler or Commando (or even Jedi Knight).
But, then again, they could be exclusive to Jedi only.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Phazonfreak
09.15.2019 , 07:35 AM | #4
There have been several threads over the years asking for the Voss to become a playable species. There has been no clear answer yet on BioWare's end, but apart from the already mentioned body type issues when it comes to armor, there is also a rather glaring lore issue if they'd become playable, especially when your class story leads you to Voss. It would be quite game breaking if your companions and the NPC's interact with you and talk about the Voss as a mystery and like no one knows about them, all the while you are actually Voss. I am pretty sure this lore issue is also the reason why we have not yet gotten a Voss companion, only a Gormak one through the Star Fortress quest.

So no, there is virtually no chance they will become playable. As a companion? Maybe.

Goreshaga
09.15.2019 , 08:56 AM | #5
While i like the Voss as a species, that would be a bit weird to have them as playable species during the class stories considering at that time they didn't leave Voss, and would make for some oddities during some dialogues.

Then they have a different build than our PC, being roughly the height of BT3 with the weight of BT1-2.

A Voss companion could be possible, but i don't really see them being added as a playable species, unless they completely change how our PC are made so that we can choose the height and weight as 2 different options.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Batwer
09.15.2019 , 10:25 AM | #6
+1 I love the Voss.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

MadDutchman
09.15.2019 , 05:11 PM | #7
I don't really feel like rehashing 7+ years of Voss requests, suffice to say that for lore and technical reasons, there is practically no chance of them happening.

Sorry.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Kihtracinya
09.16.2019 , 09:25 PM | #8
Heck yeah Voss would be a great ppl to play; would've preferred Voss to Nautolan myself. Unfortunately the problems listed in this thread are real roadblocks as far as vanilla goes, but how about a post eternal empire species? Why not? Vanilla's my fav but I think a post-arcann Voss world could be a great story starting point. As for the nature of the Voss peeps, the vanilla stories have Voss npcs wanting something other than the status quo (JK and Smuggler stories come to mind). It may be too much to overcome game-wise, so maybe a series of Voss stories? Could be gooood
This is my link....... ..... for free stuff

AlrikFassbauer
09.17.2019 , 10:31 AM | #9
The way the Voss think is so much alien to most other species in the universe ... Playing a Voss would make the own character too much "out of character", so to say ..
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

kodrac
09.17.2019 , 10:52 AM | #10
That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to start as a Voss. When you get there you're told they're a mysterious people and not much is known about them but oh hey you're one so ummm... Nope doesn't work.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.