Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Forge or Satele Shan ( Republic or Empire ) - Population

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Forge or Satele Shan ( Republic or Empire ) - Population

Tyralianus
09.17.2019 , 03:16 AM | #1
Hello Guys and Ladys .

Star Forge or Satele Shan

On which Server of this 2 are more Republic / Empire Players?
( Play atm on Satele Shan as Empire Bountyhunter - and on Fleet i can be happy when i see 40 others or so ).

So is the Republic Population on Satele Shan higher? ( so switch to this side? )
Or better move my Bountyhunter to Star Forge? ( because Maybe higher Population here? )

I ask this because i Play most of the time PvE ( Flashpoints and so on ) - and dont want a Long "Queue time"

JediQuaker
09.17.2019 , 07:30 AM | #2
The easiest - but perhaps, slowest - way would be to simply create a new character on Star Forge and see how it goes. This would also account for the population at the particular times you play, rather than just in general.

I'm on Star Forge and the waits for Vet mode GF pops is usually fairly short. MM FPs and all Uprisings are relatively long waits - but that's at the times I play.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

xordevoreaux
09.17.2019 , 09:09 AM | #3
These threads can go for days answering such a question.

Bioware doesn't release server population numbers, never has. At one point there existed details per server about light/medium/heavy load, but that went away.

People argue back and forth as to the validity of looking at population numbers on fleet, what time they look on fleet, can't see the real numbers for everyone packed in their strongholds, the list goes on.

You will get opinions, not facts, for an answer.
JediQuaker has the best idea. Roll a toon and see for yourself.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Rion_Starkiller
09.17.2019 , 10:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyralianus View Post
Hello Guys and Ladys .

Star Forge or Satele Shan

On which Server of this 2 are more Republic / Empire Players?
( Play atm on Satele Shan as Empire Bountyhunter - and on Fleet i can be happy when i see 40 others or so ).

So is the Republic Population on Satele Shan higher? ( so switch to this side? )
Or better move my Bountyhunter to Star Forge? ( because Maybe higher Population here? )

I ask this because i Play most of the time PvE ( Flashpoints and so on ) - and dont want a Long "Queue time"
From my perspective, Star Forge is more populous for both factions. I rarely play on Satele Shan any more, so I may not be up to date.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

AlrikFassbauer
09.17.2019 , 10:34 AM | #5
I often wonder whether the number of sided guilds in conquest might be an indicator which faction is stronger there ... But I'm not able to judge that.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Jett-Rinn
09.17.2019 , 11:41 AM | #6
Since they destroyed my beloved Ebon Hawk it has been Starforge and Republic....always Republic
"It's a disheartening thing to love a franchise like Star Wars, yet loath the fan base due to their constant tantrums and toxic childlike behavior. The only fandom that will doxx you and give you death threats over daring to enjoy the Solo Movie exists in the cult Of Star Wars." : Timothy Zahn

jimmorrisson
09.17.2019 , 07:30 PM | #7
Star Forge's population is inflated due to RP.
Satale Shan is more casual in my opinion

If you want to support this game you will keep legacies on both servers. Transferring a char from one server to the other improves your legacy as you will retain the highest rep and unlocks while acquiring the hight rep and unlocked from the destination server.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
Since they destroyed my beloved Ebon Hawk it has been Starforge and Republic... always Republic
Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant should have never been merged with Ebon Hawk
All servers which started out as RP servers should have been merged with Ebon Hawk.
The remaining servers should have been merged with Harbinger.

I am not anti-RP. I miss Ebon Hawk. Many non-RPers played on Ebon Hawk to get away from Shadowlands and Harbinger

HuaRya
10.09.2019 , 05:05 AM | #8
Having re-subbed a week or so ago I'm contemplating taking advantage of the discounted transfers for the reason of group finder pop frequency particularly on the pub side. SS formerly Harbinger used to be the quintessential activity server but now I question that on my revisit.

I totally agree with everyone's comments on how difficult it is to determine. Too crowded is definitely a thing on planets but as I type this I'm the only person on Manaan.
I grok in fullness.
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

MK-ULTRA
10.09.2019 , 07:04 AM | #9
As a BH on starforge I often see 150+ on fleet.
The galaxy is flat.

Xina_LA
10.09.2019 , 07:38 AM | #10
Depends partly on what time of day you like to play, so you'll need to try it out and see.

For me, Satele Shan has the best population, but I tend to play weekday evenings.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--