Purple mats, only from RICH missions?

NogueiraA

Purple mats come from crits so theoretically they should all have a chance to give purple mats. I myself only bother doing rich and bountiful missions.

The best way to increase your chance of getting purple mats is to max influence with as many companions as possible.

Purple mats come from crits so theoretically they should all have a chance to give purple mats. I myself only bother doing rich and bountiful missions.

The best way to increase your chance of getting purple mats is to max influence with as many companions as possible.

Yes, max influence will increase the chance of getting a crit.

But do you know for example if a "Moderate" mission crits, will it give me a purple?

I read somewhere on here you can get Artifice schematics from either archeology or treasure hunting. After coming back two months since before 5.0 launched, I have yet to see one. Any tips on what missions to look for, or is completely Random?

Yes, max influence will increase the chance of getting a crit.

But do you know for example if a "Moderate" mission crits, will it give me a purple?

They should give a purple upon critting but I only use moderate missions to level so I can't confirm it.

So i'm gathering purple mats from Slicing and Underworld and need to know if ALL missions has a chance of giving you the purple, is it only the Rich missions?

Rich and Bountiful yield purple materials but only on a crit.

Abundant and Moderate NEVER yield purple mats even on crits

Rich missions yield 3 purple mats on a crit

Bountiful missions yield 2 purple mats on a crit

Rich and Bountiful yield purple materials but only on a crit.

Abundant and Moderate NEVER yield purple mats even on crits

Rich missions yield 3 purple mats on a crit

Bountiful missions yield 2 purple mats on a crit

That's what I needed to know, thanks sir.

You can also get purple mats from doing the Purple one time missions.

Slicing is a good source for such missions for several other mission skills. Some people sell them on the GTN.

Those are EXCEEDINGLY rare and VERY expensive on the GTN.

You can also get purple mats from doing the Purple one time missions.

Slicing is a good source for such missions for several other mission skills. Some people sell them on the GTN.

That would be so for grade 1 - 9, since there are Slicing lockbox missions. For grade 10, the only way to get wealthy mission is from slicing node grade 10 on Zakuul or Darvannis and those missions drop once in a blue moon.

Buying such mission for high amount of credits is not advised, better spend the money on running equivalent rich and bountiful missions.

I have gotten (regularly) purple mats from Rich missions. I rarely run any others. I do prefer the missions that you sometimes get from wealthy missions, one time drops. They give: regular mats, purple mats, and most often a companion gift and a schematic or another mission.

I get them fairly frequently (the one time wealthy missions) slicing, even in my stronghold on the nodes you get from completing your personal conquest goal.

LIke has already been said, raise your companions influence level.

When leveling, if your new level only has moderate, instead of those, I go back one level and do the Rich missions. Next time I'll have more than moderate on the new level.

When leveling, if your new level only has moderate, instead of those, I go back one level and do the Rich missions. Next time I'll have more than moderate on the new level.

This depends on a couple of factors:

If you want to level the fastest possible then you want to use as many Orange difficulty missions as possible. Yes they will not crit as often (base chance is 10% vs the other difficulty's 15% base), nor will they generate purple materials, but you get more skill points per mission.

If you do not care about purple materials at lower levels, then running moderate missions are cheaper.

Edited by psandak

Wish they'd add purple mission certificates for Grade 10 missions.

They probably will, eventually - just as they'll probably make level 10 crafting items available from Jawa junk. They're just avoiding people gulting the Auction House with level 10 crafting materials, until most crafters have moved on to needing level 230+ materials, instead.