BioWare, get rid of these arrogant PvE people

LordSitho

248 augmented gear requirement would be a start :rolleyes:

Reduce it to 246. Some tank BiS 248 are too rare to be demandable. I got only 1x 248 mod B in my entire legacy of 7 rank 300 toons who also got multiple tier 4 crates, and even that one was WARDING :rak_04:

248 augmented gear requirement would be a start :rolleyes:

That’s a bit too high because then people would have nothing to grind for. ;)

Which is what 5.x is all about. Bioware don’t care about anything but grinding gear.

Apparently if you don’t grind gear, you won’t play the game and pvp won’t be fun :rolleyes:

But they should definitely put some sort of gear gate on ranked. Maybe 242 non bolstered gear rating should be the bare minimum.

This is one tiny facet of the problem in ranked. How about all the solo queue droppers and quitters, I never seen so much dysfunction on a game regarding "competitive" matches as I seen in solo ranked.

According to experts on RNG and ELO on this game, in the end it all works out. Just keep queueing bro. If you want competitive matches, you ought to take your own advice you gave him and do group ranked tbh.

This is one tiny facet of the problem in ranked. How about all the solo queue droppers and quitters, I never seen so much dysfunction on a game regarding "competitive" matches as I seen in solo ranked.

According to experts on RNG and ELO on this game, in the end it all works out. Just keep queueing bro. If you want competitive matches, you ought to take your own advice you gave him and do group ranked tbh.

Solo ranked is just a sad mode of this game pvp.

This is just one of many. Sucker had 230 gear, 26% PVP achievements.

Playing Solo Ranked because "it's the fastest way to get gear"

This is so *********** annoying :mad:

This was a healer by the way... with 100hps.

https://imgur.com/a/2moPPU5

The bolster is 242 so they do have that even with 230, so actually brinding 230 gives them the set bonus and they have bolster to 242, so "not that bad" but I do understand what you mean.

I think the issue here is the fact that they think that ranked is " fastest way to get gear" cause its not. The best for them is to do Group Ranked since the component payout is much bigger! They should be encouraged to do GSF and Group Ranked actually.

The OP sounds like the arrogant one. I agree that there should be some minimum, perhaps 242? But the higher you make it the less will pop.

i dont care this behavour is unacceptable

Edited by LordSitho

If you throw a game or leave it before it ends you should get a Deserter debuff for 15-30min, unable to re-queue ranked before it perish.

Edited by Gray

Well at least it pops more , imagine getting your wish and only being able to que for 1 match a day because you cant find players to pvp? Is not like this game is super high in pvpers to begin with.Just look at it this way , eventually that person will be a full gear 248 healer that will keep you alive while you ***** in rank.

That’s a bit too high because then people would have nothing to grind for. ;)

Which is what 5.x is all about. Bioware don’t care about anything but grinding gear.

Apparently if you don’t grind gear, you won’t play the game and pvp won’t be fun :rolleyes:

But they should definitely put some sort of gear gate on ranked. Maybe 242 non bolstered gear rating should be the bare minimum.

I grinded in regs for months for full end gear when they introduced the new system. I think people should do the same or other activities now when its easier.

If you enter ranked you should be able to carry your own weight, grind gear for alts not for main but thats just my opinion.

Edited by Gray

I grinded in regs for months for full end gear when they introduced the new system. I think people should do the same or other activities now when its easier.

If you enter ranked you should be able to carry your own weight, grind gear for alts not for main but thats just my opinion.

I don’t disagree. Ranked should require the best gear to enter and it should be gated.

But Bioware changed that whole idea when they introduced 5.0.

Gear grind is all they care about now and participation, hence why they put stupid farming incentives in ranked to get under prepared players and noobs to queue up. That way they can say to their bosses that ranked participation is up.

Bioware don’t care about quality. They only care about quantity. That is why the queue pop time is more important to them than the quality of the match.

I don’t disagree. Ranked should require the best gear to enter and it should be gated.

But Bioware changed that whole idea when they introduced 5.0.

Gear grind is all they care about now and participation, hence why they put stupid farming incentives in ranked to get under prepared players and noobs to queue up. That way they can say to their bosses that ranked participation is up.

Bioware don’t care about quality. They only care about quantity. That is why the queue pop time is more important to them than the quality of the match.

Its all a science project for Anthem anyway. The backend stuff they're doing is to help them create the matchmaking for Anthem. Interface changes, everything they're doing of late is to test stuff going into that program. If folks don't see that SWTOR is end of life, they arent paying attention.

2 things.

1) at 5.0 launch warzones were 250 bolster. no gear. people whined. your welcome. blame yourselves.

2) a crap ton of this games funding is going to anthem. you think its just coinidence that anthem is announced and suddenly swtor cant produce jack in content? and its licence is running out? but in answer to your unspoken question, the devs of anthem have stated it wont have pvp and has no plans for it in the future.

Edited by Seterade

Its all a science project for Anthem anyway. The backend stuff they're doing is to help them create the matchmaking for Anthem. Interface changes, everything they're doing of late is to test stuff going into that program. If folks don't see that SWTOR is end of life, they arent paying attention.

what the hell?? anthem and swtor are totally different genres. there will be a maximum of 4 players in the same instance of a server and no pvp in anthem. so what matchmaking? stop blaming anthem for everything this is just ridiculous...

2 things.

1) at 5.0 launch warzones were 250 bolster. no gear. people whined. your welcome. blame yourselves.

2) a crap ton of this games funding is going to anthem. you think its just coinidence that anthem is announced and suddenly swtor cant produce jack in content? and its licence is running out? but in answer to your unspoken question, the devs of anthem have stated it wont have pvp and has no plans for it in the future.

I made some assumptions about the matchmaking stuff, and what I read about how Anthem was going to work. I wasn't aware that there would be no PvP in the game. I assumed there would be, considering the genre. It makes it even less appealing to know that about it.

The interface changes they've made of late seem "console friendly", large text, big boxes, that kind of stuff, and to me it seems like they're copy/pasting from libraries. I don't see any of these recent changes to be unique. I've read that matchmaking for their sports titles also applies a similar logic, so perhaps its just a common EA back end they're trying to graft into SWTOR piece by piece. Supposedly, its to keep people pushing buttons longer, adding jut enough frustration to spend more time/money on the title.

I wasn't aware that there would be no PvP in the game. I assumed there would be, considering the genre. It makes it even less appealing to know that about it.

Well that's too bad. I only play games with PVP options. No interest in Anthem now.