Getting Tired of Useless Rewards & Impossible solo Missions as no-one to Help anymore

AnAbsoluteNumpty

The commander rewards are always too low a level to be of use same with mission rewards,,,,,,,,,,

Never can find anyone to help on missions

Overly complicated navigation and in general and needlessly so.

Other wise an immensely great game of incredible depth.......so please do something to address issues.

I think they need to take a look at mission rewards in general although I never use mission reward gear unless it was from a heroic gear box.

I can't remember the last time I actually needed help on a solo mission, tbh.

I have no idea what you mean by "overly complicated navigation". You don't even need to get on your ship anymore, you just open the galaxy map and go to a planet. You can get quick travel (and fleet pass) down to instant reuse time. Group Finder will take you to wherever you want to do dailies (except Ossus I think).

I think they need to take a look at mission rewards in general although I never use mission reward gear unless it was from a heroic gear box.

I can't remember the last time I actually needed help on a solo mission, tbh.

I have no idea what you mean by "overly complicated navigation". You don't even need to get on your ship anymore, you just open the galaxy map and go to a planet. You can get quick travel (and fleet pass) down to instant reuse time. Group Finder will take you to wherever you want to do dailies (except Ossus I think).

Well I wouldn't need hep except that it is Star Fortress the second part which because of a bug i have to do as veteran in order to not get stuck in a stupid loop so i cant use mission droid and its costing me a fortune to repair and buy new boosts as boosts although they say it lasts an hour every-time u die it goes away - getting sick of this and I've only played a few weeks........

No wonder its dying and its such a shame as its brilliant and so much too it if you can deal with the lag the unnecessarily overly complicated system and bugs like above.

Well I wouldn't need hep except that it is Star Fortress the second part which because of a bug i have to do as veteran in order to not get stuck in a stupid loop so i cant use mission droid and its costing me a fortune to repair and buy new boosts as boosts although they say it lasts an hour every-time u die it goes away - getting sick of this and I've only played a few weeks........

No wonder its dying and its such a shame as its brilliant and so much too it if you can deal with the lag the unnecessarily overly complicated system and bugs like above.

What do you mean by the second part of Star Fortresses?

Normally Star Fortresses go this way:

PIck up quest.

Do SF solo once.

Go around to all of the contacts and destroy the shield bunkers (there's 6 of them).

Do SF veteran for each of the contacts (so, six times).

So it's not a bug that you have to do Star Fortresses on veteran. They are soloable although not strictly intended to be done solo (although I think there's an achievement for it). However, the SF questline is not a main quest and is not required to progress the main quest.

So it's not a bug that you have to do Star Fortresses on veteran. They are soloable although not strictly intended to be done solo (although I think there's an achievement for it). However, the SF questline is not a main quest and is not required to progress the main quest.

It's not a bug that you have to do them on Veteran, but it is a (textual) bug that the mission asks you to do the Heroic 2+ version.

OP: they used to be [sOLO] for the intelligence-gathering mission and [HEROIC 2+] for the destruction mission, but when 5.0 came out, they changed the name of [sOLO] to [sTORY] and [HEROIC 2+] to [VETERAN] except that they didn't change the text of the mission. The bug is the text, not the veteranity of the missions.

For simply doing the veteran ones without another player, there isn't an achievement, but there is one for doing that without using any of the available Star Fortress buffs, which really, really counts as Doing It The Hard Way.

The commander rewards are always too low a level to be of use same with mission rewards,,,,,,,,,,

Explain, please. Which "commander rewards" are you talking about? The locked alliance crates? The Command Rank crates?

The alliance crates have mostly empty bound-to-legacy moddable armour shells (so you can make them whatever strength you like) and high-grade companion gifts, with a few stronghold decorations and speeders thrown in for good measure. Sell the stuff you don't want to vendors - the armour shells go for 3-4 thousand credits each.

The Command Rank crates contain:

* End-game (i.e. level 70) gear pieces in various strengths, which get stronger as you go up in rank.

* Empty moddable gear shells that are there mostly as filler, but some of them look pretty nice.

* Command Tokens that you can use to buy end-game gear

* a variety of other oddities including speeders, minipets, and what I call "Jawa tokens", currency that you can use to buy stuff from the three Jawa vendors in the Cartel Bazaar part of the Fleet (north end on the Republic side, south end on the Empire side).

None of that is "too low level".

Mission rewards for class-story and on-planet missions (other than Heroic 2+ missions) are level-appropriate for the original intended level of that part of the story. That might make them under-level compared to your character's "true" level, but not compared to the level you "should" be at for that part of the story. They probably should be reviewed with an eye to making them scale up to the character's "true" level, just like the Heroic mission rewards do.

You may be asking in the wrong places, or you may be trying to do things that nobody's interested in doing any more because it's *old* content.

Which navigation are you talking about? Moving around on planets? Moving between planets? Manipulating the UI?

Moving your character around the game has been progressively simplified:

* All taxi stations are unlocked when your character first arrives on a planet rather than when you first try to use them.

* All (well, OK, most) quick-travel points are unlocked when you first go into the map that contains them rather than when you go up to them and right-click them.

* You can now unlock no-cooldown use of quick travel.

* As Elessara said, the galaxy map is now available for planet-to-planet travel wherever you are by clicking the button in the lower left of the planet map, rather than by you *having* to go to the bridge on your ship and click on the galaxy map console.

To be sure, some planets are a bit tangly - Corellia and Belsavis attract the most complaints in this respect - but until you've tried to find your way around GW2's Verdant Brink or Tangled Depths maps, you don't know what tangly maps are. (Tangled Depths is a tangled maze, but it also has at least three layers one above the other, one of which is entirely filled with water, with complicated interactions between the layers.)

I always thought Balmorra was a mess to navigate around.

Also Voss Pubside Nightmare Lands, whenever I'm trying to complete the planetary chain and I have to do that dark crystal mission I end up driving around aimlessly to find a way past the chasm.

Corellia is relatively easy to navigate, but the quests take forever to get to. Also, unlike the rest of the game, many of the exploration quests on that planet are where they were originally, rather than put in convenient places, which means they're easy to miss.

Navigating Illum was so unpleasant that I basically stopped doing it altogether.

Oricon pub-side is also a pain to navigate, particularly the first time you do it before unlocking the dailies.

Actually, when I think about it, there's probably more planets that I complain about navigating then there are planets that are easy to navigate [NS, Tat, Tython, DK, Quesh, Yavin, Ziost]. I haven't even mentioned the most infamous examples, like Alderaan and Taris, Yavin is probably arguable, and Tat is only easy if you do the class missions out of order with the planetary chain, otherwise you're backtracking endlessly.

Edited by Ardrossan

To be sure, some planets are a bit tangly - Corellia and Belsavis attract the most complaints in this respect - but until you've tried to find your way around GW2's Verdant Brink or Tangled Depths maps, you don't know what tangly maps are. (Tangled Depths is a tangled maze, but it also has at least three layers one above the other, one of which is entirely filled with water, with complicated interactions between the layers.)

Tangled Depths argh, i keep getting lost in there even today as long time gw2 player :D. SWTOR side Belsavis i hate more than anything. Just did it yesterday with one of my jedi knight alts and was furious about the amount of running around, not just as place being a maze (i am pretty familiar of its map already as big altoholic) but how the story was sending me here and there and around. With some other classes it is more straightforward than with others. Ugh.

To OP, i think you tried to do multiplayer part of Star Fortresses alone. It can be done solo but might not be the funnest thing to do if you don't have lvl 50 companion, decent gear and experience with your class. For example for me it's bit too much (got experience but walk in rags and not rich enough to have lvl 50 comps on all my alts...). Star fortresses where side part of the story in KOTFE and you don't have to do them to move on, they were more like substitute to flashpoint content, something for grind till new chapters come. You can completely skip them and move on with the story and other things that make you happy in the game.:)

OP, if you're on the Star Forge server I would gladly help you get all of your heroic Star Fortress completions. I can assist on either Pub or Imp side. Just send me a PM or reply to the thread and I'll be in touch. Unfortunately, I don't have any characters high enough or at that stage to be able to assist you on any other server. Perhaps some other kind person would be willing to assist you.

Other wise an immensely great game of incredible depth.......so please do something to address issues.

Do you want to say which missions you need help for?

I'm a solo player as I enjoy and prefer to play SWTOR on my own. The only missions I know I can't solo (or more accurately do with me and my companion) are the macrobinoculars/seeker droid group ones (which is hard to get a group for) and the weekly boss raid on Ossus (of course).

What's overly complicated about navigation? The area maps are a bit crappy and some mission objectives are never where they should be but you get used to this after a while and there is usually someone who has posted the location if you need help - Google search usually helps me for that.

Not sure how it's these days but if I remember from the past, some parts of the Star Fortresses can actually be more difficult with a high level companion if you are not well geared or experienced. For example healing comp. drawing all aggro in reactor rooms may be annoying.

Not sure how it's these days but if I remember from the past, some parts of the Star Fortresses can actually be more difficult with a high level companion if you are not well geared or experienced. For example healing comp. drawing all aggro in reactor rooms may be annoying.

Well there was the period after 4.0 came out but before the Great Companion Nerf where the standard advice was to absolutely never go in there with a companion above Influence 25 (or less if you were less geared and/or less skilled than the toppest of the top raiders) because they were even more OP than they are now (and therefore generated more aggro than now), but simultaneously they had bugged defensive stats so they were squishier than ...

Well, you remember that first Klor'slug you met on Korriban, and its buddy that you met just before 4.0 came out, when you were level 60 with maxed-out gear? The one that died because you set foot on the planet? That squishy.

• 8 months later...
To get the gear for crafting from ops for 258 gear - impossible, but will see how Onslaught addresses this......fingers crossed

Crafting will be extremely expensive and time consuming in 6.0. Which mean items will be 10’s if not 100’s of millions of credits.

The best way to gear will be from drops or the RNG vendor.

To get the gear for crafting from ops for 258 gear - impossible, but will see how Onslaught addresses this......fingers crossed

So why arnt people who do nightmare ops allowed to be awarded with something expensive.

Nightmare mode Gods of The Machine isnt an easy operation and thus you should get something from it that you cant get anywhere else, because thats what makes it worth working towards. Its not like the completely locked you out from 258 set bonus because you cou;ld get them from ossus