Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#SaveSWTOR, be Proactive (Positive Action and Ideas Only, Please)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
#SaveSWTOR, be Proactive (Positive Action and Ideas Only, Please)

SaerethDL
01.29.2018 , 10:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hashtags don't mean anything...subs and $ do. If you want to save this game, spend a TON more than you have been...money is what matters, not feelings.
lol they will just put all the money you spend right back into Anthem, and close the doors anyways :P
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a subscriber) and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 1 Million Credits or more to get you started!

TUXs
01.29.2018 , 11:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
lol they will just put all the money you spend right back into Anthem, and close the doors anyways :P
EA gets all my money anyway, not some Austin accountant. The money we spend hasn't EVER gone back into this game, it's all gone to develop other titles, like Visceral's Star Wars game, Shadow Realms and FIFA 2018...the idea that anything we've spent has come back to this game is laughable. Bioware gets an annual budget from EA based on previous spending and returns...the less this game makes, the smaller the budget becomes. This is why W0W fans are lucky to have it backed by Blizzard, who know that W0W keeps them afloat...SWTOR isn't even mentioned in EA reports, it's a non-factor except as an expense.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DuchessKristania
01.29.2018 , 11:09 AM | #13
To clarify, I'm speaking more along the lines of ideas to show support for the game beyond subscribing and spending money. Obviously, subscribing is the most important thing we can do as players. However, being vocal about your support of the game doesn't take from that.

Yes, social media campaigning can only do so much. I've said more than once that this idea is not a magic wand. More than anything it's a way to stand up and tell EA/BW that this game is something we enjoy and invest our money in.

People could also write letters to EA/BW if they feel so inclined. For the record that has worked for other things. Star Trek was saved from being cancelled by a letter writing campaign from fans (yes, I know, naughty me mentioning Star Trek on a Star Wars forum).

No one has to participate, but it's idea, it's action that requires little effort. Put your fun money in the game but add your voice to it. That's really all I'm suggesting here. At the end of the day, until a dev confirms it the shutdown rumors are exactly that, rumors. Regardless, it doesn't hurt to encourage support for the game.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

Quraswren
01.29.2018 , 11:10 AM | #14
The only thing that could save the game at this point is a revamp of the whole game. AKA the FF14 type event. I don't think an expansion would even do it right now. Knowing any said expansion even mentioned wouldn't happen till the fall and the swtor just stays the same. Resources and focus are somewhere else.

Other than a relaunch. I think this game is in the Holding pattern I hear people talk of. More money isn't going to change anything, especially so in the next year to 15 or so months till anthem launches. Everything is pointed to anthem, swtor is just in that holding pattern, not really going anywhere and more money won't change that right now.

We need something major to happen/change to swtor and right now and a 8 month off expansion isn't going to do it. We are too far gone and burned way to many gamers. We need that major positive, bug free event to gamers to get behind but I can't see it happening right now.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Foambreaker
01.29.2018 , 12:13 PM | #15
Honestly, when they took out the Emperor and made the theme "Save the Galaxy", they lost me.

They made Star Wars but they took out the war part.

A fresh slate with people who can write both light and dark side would be better.
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...

DarthSpuds
01.29.2018 , 12:42 PM | #16
When it was announced we would be getting Space Combat with Galactic Starfighter the guild I was in at the time very nearly died of happy-happy-joy-joy overdose.

But when it was discovered that GSF was ONLY PvP 95% of the interest died - overnight.

I'd love to see some GSF PvE content - maybe tied to Bonus Storylines for existing planetary content.

Most of the assets are already there, the only sticking point may be the GSF AI for NPC pilots.

If that could be resolved I think it would be a breath of fresh air in terms of new content set on old planets.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

DarthSpuds
01.29.2018 , 12:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
To clarify, I'm speaking more along the lines of ideas to show support for the game beyond subscribing and spending money. Obviously, subscribing is the most important thing we can do as players. However, being vocal about your support of the game doesn't take from that.
OK, without being too blunt, let me stop you right there.

We CAN'T save SWtOR.

ONLY Bioware and EA can do that.

Nothing we do short of pumping more and more money into the game will make any difference at all.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Supaaq
01.29.2018 , 12:52 PM | #18
We may want to have more details before going this route, but what about a Change.Org petition? If nothing else, it could really show that we are willing to go that extra mile to support the game we love. There have been a few done in the past that never really got much attention, but if it was coordinated with a strong social media push we could probably get some sign ups.

This is a search of past SWTOR related Change.org petitions. Most of them are very niche and didn't go anywhere:
https://www.change.org/search?q=SWTOR

cc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darth Is'thes Taa, Sith Coruption Sorcerer, Healer At Large
Star Forge US/PVP, #SaveSWTOR

Paulsutherland
01.29.2018 , 12:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
Short of picking up pitchforks and Nerf battle-axes and storming into the offices of EA, I think subscribing is the best thing we can do.

If they want more, I would suggest either re-running or creating a new 'X for subscribing event.' Subscribe for # and get access to a KOTET Bonus Chapter?

Supaaq
01.29.2018 , 12:59 PM | #20
I think another important step that we could take right now is to coordinate all of the largest communication lines to make a unified push for action in the community. We'd need all the people on the forums, and all the people on the SWTOR Reddit and the FB groups, Twitter, the major podcasts and YouTube Channels, etc. We'd also need a solid unified message. What are we asking for exactly?

In my opinion, if they are going to stop making content and go into maintenance mode, they should give the community the tools to keep the game going and a way for us to DIY our own sharable content. That's what I would push for.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darth Is'thes Taa, Sith Coruption Sorcerer, Healer At Large
Star Forge US/PVP, #SaveSWTOR