Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#nerfmercs/mandos

omaan
03.27.2017 , 09:28 AM | #21
Mercs/ mandos healers are ok. However, mercs/mandos dps specs are way too opped. Reflects, healing shield, adrenalin rush to 90% makes them almost unkillable, meanwhile other classes can be killed easily (except operatives, but former do not possess with such burst and dps outcome comparing with mercs/mandos.

Sargrith
03.27.2017 , 09:40 AM | #22
Not sure which class I hate more as a Guardian dps.....sab gunslingers with their perma slow are brutal bad, commandos are a pain and great at kiting me, ops can usually get me but on the odd time I pressure them they stealth out and come back later at full health, sage healers just port away or bubble up.....so many choices....

Personally the perma slow thing is no fun at all. I think i hate that most but ops are a close second.....I hate the class because they get to start the fight and flee from the fight at will and there is nothing I can do about it. Mercs are a distant third right now.

Kaldron_Fell
03.27.2017 , 09:45 AM | #23
I always laugh when people say mercs are overpowered because of too many healing abilities.

Honestly, while someone is hammering you (PvE perspective here), the merc's self heal is worthless. It is way too slow. My main method of keeping alive is shield and reactive countermeasure. Without that, I would melt. Why? Because my gear is maxed out and I usually deal WAY more damage than everyone else, and thus always get ALL the aggro, despite hitting threat drop on cooldown.

Now, I'm okay tanking stuff as a DPS. I really am. But take those shields from me, and just see what happens to you next time you pug with me and expect me to carry you through Depths of Manaan

Also, someone looked at the damage output of all the classes post 5.0 and if you believe mercs do way more damage than you because the class is overpowered, you're doing it wrong. And don't start with rocket out. You have your zealous leap or harpoon and all that stuff to compensate.

I'm not a PvPer but it does really seem like a l2p issue to me.
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

Vember
03.27.2017 , 11:36 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Why would you stop hitting them? Even with the 6-second reflect up, AoE and DOT damage still ticks. Just AoE when they have the shield up.
That's great in theory, but most classes' aoe damage is pretty lackluster and has long cool downs.

bakerfist
03.27.2017 , 11:49 AM | #25
bla bla bla

L2P

your main class not the King of the Battlefield anymore? Tough Luck

josephxp
03.27.2017 , 02:39 PM | #26
Exactly Joe. I don't even worry about reactive shield as you can burn right through it if you focus. It's just the 6-second reflect that gets people...but after 6-seconds, they're as easy as ever.
They are like sorcs, gotta wait for the bubble to burst before you can take them out.

Best way to learn how to kill a class is to play the class. I have 8 main toons, 1 of each mirror class (If i have a sith jug i have a jedi sentinal to make it 4 pubs 4 imps) and i constantly swap between every spec (dont get me started on gearing without ops 100% drop yet till 5.2) so i have played literally every spec in the game since 4.0 actively im always alt hopping between those 8.

From playing commando ik the weakness of each dps spec. The point is the main issue is the shield/self heal utilities which can be dealt with by ignoring them. It's like in the crimson fang uprising and other ops/fps that mirror one of the mechanics, when the shield goes up which auto bounces damage back to you do you continue to lay ordinance on it? No. You stop all dps on that target and move on till its off. Same with pvp with commando's once they pop you focus on a tank or another dps or healer if you aren't already till their reactive shield and reflect shields go down then you burn them.

Only thing you have to worry about is adrenal rush brining their health up to 70% (why vanguards can't have this is beyond me they need it more then commando's) but after that goes through same deal. It's just like sorcs in their self heal bubble wait till its done channeling, burst it, then kill.

Know these things and gg dead commando/merc
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

TUXs
03.27.2017 , 02:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
Only thing you have to worry about is adrenal rush brining their health up to 70% (why vanguards can't have this is beyond me they need it more then commando's) but after that goes through same deal. It's just like sorcs in their self heal bubble wait till its done channeling, burst it, then kill.
I could not agree more. VG's/PT's need help and this would be great for them.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

josephxp
03.27.2017 , 03:06 PM | #28
I could not agree more. VG's/PT's need help and this would be great for them.
IKR going from playing commando to powertech made my AP powertech feel... well... underpowered
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

Severith
03.27.2017 , 03:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
This seems to be a recurring theme with some PVP players. Nerf this class, or that class and if you mention pve, oh that is easy even if some of the pve players are doing hard mode or NIM operations. Everything to them in pve is easy no matter what it is.

I wonder why there are some pvp players that can actually kill this class but yet some make it sound no one can.
You're saying that because good players can kill bad or average mercs, that mercs are fine. Player skill is one thing. Class balance is another thing. Insisting that class balance is achieved by one player having more skill than another is not only situational but fundamentally flawed.

BenduKundalini
03.27.2017 , 03:26 PM | #30
I agree to see mercs nerfed sometime. But, turnabout is fair play. I guess OP never had to survive an arena as a merc during 4.0