Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#winning in SWTOR...

Naroga
02.03.2012 , 08:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Riddickcz View Post
Oh baseless you say..
Open your eyes my friend.
Well, let's see. Post-launch the forums were full of whiners crying about how bad the game was, predicting its doom, and expecting it to go F2P in a couple of months.

Two days ago, EA releases a 2 million copies sold sales figure with 1.7 million active subscribers.

Whose eyes aren't open?
-- Naroga Korzen -- Jedi Sentinel of <Fatality> -- Thana Vesh, PvE --

Gokkus
02.03.2012 , 08:21 AM | #22
How could is possibly be bad to not need other players? People are there if you want them to, you could lvl from 1 to 50 and do every single quest together with someone else. So either non at all or everyting. What more do you want? Because im fairly certain thats about as far as the range of options would go.

Or do you suggest forcing people to quest together? I am sure you are going to love playing with people who do not want to party and rather solo.

I am confused now...what is the point of this thread again?
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

AtomicWanderer
02.03.2012 , 08:22 AM | #23
This "MMO" is in-fact an "MMO". Just "because" you "choose" to not interact with "others", does not mean it is not an "MMO".

I suggest that you join a "guild", it really "helps" with finding "friends" and "comrades" to do things with in-game.

Good "luck"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Kauhu
02.03.2012 , 08:22 AM | #24
Quote:
There are plenty of players now who are running hardmode Flashpoints with just 2 people and their companions, not all of them but some.
Perhaps if they both AND their companions are already in full raid gear
Utinni!

Naroga
02.03.2012 , 08:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gokkus View Post
How could is possibly be bad to not need other players? People are there if you want them to, you could lvl from 1 to 50 and do every single quest together with someone else. So either non at all or everyting. What more do you want? Because im fairly certain thats about as far as the range of options would go.

Or do you suggest forcing people to quest together? I am sure you are going to love playing with people who do not want to party and rather solo.

I am confused now...what is the point of this thread again?
They are grasping at straws. They can no longer say the game is hemorrhaging subscribers, so instead they say that it isn't <X> <Y> and <Z> and Bioware "lied" to them. Please.

Aleeha
02.03.2012 , 08:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
No, it's not a bad thing.

Companions help you out when you CBA/can't find a group for whatever reason. And if you manage to solo heroic 4 mans, frankly you're a damn good player and deserve to do so. Also, even if you can solo 2 mans or duo 4 mans, it will be quicker and more efficient to do so in a proper team of 2 or 4 players respectively.

As for sending them out to gather mats, you can always go look for the nodes yourself.
I never said anything about solo'ing heroic 4mans or 2mans. People on the Darth Sion server at level 50 with 2 players and 2 companions are clearing out hard mode flashpoints. But, omg, they over gear the flash point. Well it's the only content currently available.

I don't understand why you people keep bringing up freaking +2/+4 heroics. These are NOT every needed or required to hit level 50.

So many people cry about how BAD(tm) the WoW community is and how disjointed it is, well there really isn't anything inside of TOR at the moment within the scope of leveling that's doing a whole lot to bring the "community" close.

I can level cap with my companion. At least on my server after you pass the teens in levels the number of people who are 20+ spamming general chat at the fleet for flashpoints goes down dramatically.

Then there's the whole gathering thing. People say that WoW has zero immersion, OK, so how is sending out 5 companions into the galaxy while I am standing on the fleet to get some crafting good building game immersion?

At level 50 you can max out crafting skills in 2 days, never have to move away from your trainer. How does THAT create immersion?

Idali
02.03.2012 , 08:25 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Naroga View Post
Wrong.

I would love to see you solo level appropriate [Heroic 4] and [Heroic 2+'s] (some classes can do the 2+'s) by yourself.
Actually if you are patient and in the right combination you can due H4s, i did it with another player and it was level appropriate.

Aleeha
02.03.2012 , 08:26 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Naroga View Post
They are grasping at straws. They can no longer say the game is hemorrhaging subscribers, so instead they say that it isn't <X> <Y> and <Z> and Bioware "lied" to them. Please.
2M units sold, 1.7M subs = net loss of 300k in 1 month. Mmhmm... nothing wrong there.

Naroga
02.03.2012 , 08:26 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
I never said anything about solo'ing heroic 4mans or 2mans. People on the Darth Sion server at level 50 with 2 players and 2 companions are clearing out hard mode flashpoints. But, omg, they over gear the flash point. Well it's the only content currently available.

I don't understand why you people keep bringing up freaking +2/+4 heroics. These are NOT every needed or required to hit level 50.

So many people cry about how BAD(tm) the WoW community is and how disjointed it is, well there really isn't anything inside of TOR at the moment within the scope of leveling that's doing a whole lot to bring the "community" close.

I can level cap with my companion. At least on my server after you pass the teens in levels the number of people who are 20+ spamming general chat at the fleet for flashpoints goes down dramatically.

Then there's the whole gathering thing. People say that WoW has zero immersion, OK, so how is sending out 5 companions into the galaxy while I am standing on the fleet to get some crafting good building game immersion?

At level 50 you can max out crafting skills in 2 days, never have to move away from your trainer. How does THAT create immersion?
It creates immersion by allowing you to run fun content instead of running circles around a zone looking for resource nodes. In college, my roommate would dedicate an hour a day to fly a pre-determined route in WoW to collect Herbalism nodes. Super immersive, right?

Naroga
02.03.2012 , 08:27 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
2M units sold, 1.7M subs = net loss of 300k in 1 month. Mmhmm... nothing wrong there.
That is a HUGE retention rate for a new MMO. You know absolutely nothing about the genre, the market, or business in general.

I'm done arguing with you in this thread. The hope for an intelligent discussion is gone with that comment.